Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• stoaviostoavio Member Posts: 15
    Sounds like an amazing deal. Did you close on it? Did you negotiate it yourself or did you hire a broker?
  • vt6vt6 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

Could I get the numbers for the following please.
    It seems like I'm the minority here going for a Laredo.

Laredo 4x4, 15k year, 36 months
    Laredo 4x4, 15k year, 27 months (better deal than 24 months?)
    Also, is there any lease incentives from Chrysler ?

Thank you so much!
  • rostar1rostar1 Member Posts: 1
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    MSRP $39,585
    *tow package
    *15,000 miles per year
    $2,500 total out-of-pocket (includes first payment, tax, title, registration, document service charge)
    Payment of $436 for 39 months (down from original quote of $445)
    Is this a fair deal??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    2014 GC Laredo 4x4 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00022 MF and 53% residual

27 month
    .00033 MF and 63% residual

The 27 month deal looks a little better than 24 months on this model.
    I don't have incentive information.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• miggsv17miggsv17 Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys. Here is the offer i have on the table from Jeep in Larchmont NY

2014 GC Limited 4x4
    Nav
    sunroof
    Max steel/Blk int

450/month taxes/fees rolled. in.

Due at signing first month and tags.

CC is the finance company.

MF .00130 (i think) Residual 52%

im also looking to trade in my 2011 Laredo with leather/nav/sunroof/backup cam (i think E package) with 31.5K miles for $23 K

I think there is room on both the lease price, and the purchase price of my old car... thoughts?
  • tompomptompomp Member Posts: 2
    Here's what I just got at a dealer on Long Island, NY

Jeep GC Limited 4x4
    Nav, sunroof, 20" wheels
    39 mo, 12k/yr
    MSRP: 42,175
    Total Cap Cost: 36,650
    Residual: 55%
    MF: .00118

Down Pmt: 1,197 (1,100 cap reduction) + first month

$437/mo (incl taxes)
  • hedges1hedges1 Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2013
    Looking for mf , residuals for 2014 GC 4x4 limited ecodiesel. 27/36/39 months. 15k/yr
  • bja104bja104 Member Posts: 26
    Hello kyfdx,

Do you have the December residuals and money factors for the following:

2014 JGC Limited 4x4

2014 JGC Overland 4x4

Both will be 15k miles per year; 36 and 39 month figures please.

Thank you very much.
  • onesickfxonesickfx Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,I'm need of some help. I'm new to leasing and could some pointers and advise.
    Im looking to lease a 2014 JGC limited 4x4 white/black. The options that I would like to have Are the 20" rims,8.4 navi (not the 4000$ package), and sunroof.
    I'm in the NY area and would like to know what I'd being looking as a far as a monthly payment should be. I have 4 months left on a lease at $260 a month. I dont want to put anything down except first months payment,and roll taxes and fees into payments and for dealer to pay remaining lease off.
    I have been "quoted" already a $479 and $469 payment. Actual numbers I really didn't get into.
    Any information anyone has on what I should be paying and what I should be getting this for I would greatly appreciate.
    Thanks in advance.
    I would really like to know how you made this deal. Did you actually take delivery on this?

I worked on your numbers and can't get Total Cap Cost to match what you say the monthly payment is given the money factor, lease term and residual.

This appears to be a 14% savings on MSRP and 10% on invoice, which is unheard of as far as I'm aware. Additionally, the only way I can get your monthly payment to match is if the money factor used is 28.4% (0.00118) which gets us to a payment of $452/mo. This makes sense to me seeing as the residual is so high on such a long lease term.

I assume there is roughly a $1278 holdback on the truck but in order to get the selling price you provided ($37,765), the dealer would've had to have given up the entire hold back AND then an extra $2766.

If you actually got this deal, I think you may have gotten the deal of a lifetime. I'm not sure it's possible to save $6,332 off sticker on this vehicle.

Can anybody make these numbers make sense??
  • kennethw123kennethw123 Member Posts: 8
    MSRP $53685 - Sale price $44,435. Discount = $9250.00. Lease quote for 39 month, 15k miles, $0 down is $659/month, including tax and all registration fees, etc. rolled in. Seems to fit with the residual/money factor numbers quoted here. kyfdx that sound right to you? I've shopped this pretty hard with the internet sales forces out there and this seemed to be the best deal. Thoughts? Thanks for the feedback.

Ken W.
  • _bryan__bryan_ Member Posts: 4
    I agree, that's an outrageous deal. I thought I had shopped pretty hard, but you're saving more than $4k more than me on effectively the same vehicle!

Could you tell us what dealership you got this deal at? Are you using any Chrysler incentives to get there?
    Bryan,

I'm in MA and am purchasing the vehicle at Jeep 24 in Brockton, MA. There is a $1k "lease acquisition" incentive that was applied. I know the former owner of the dealership, so I think that helped...a lot. So far they have been pretty good to deal with. Look for my GC diesel reviews in a few weeks. I've driven a couple of Limiteds and they have been great! Looking forward to 30 mpg highway in an SUV.
  • _bryan__bryan_ Member Posts: 4
    I was just looking at your sale price before, which sounded to good to be true, so I took your numbers and ran them all the way through my calculator.

After taking that calculation all the way through to monthly payment, there's some piece of info missing I think. I'm not sure what MA registration fees look like (I'm in CA, where tax is 8%, and the registration fee is ~$461). Using a residual of 47%, a money factor of .00013, MSRP of $53,685, selling point of $44,435, title registration & gov't fees of $461, Chrysler Acquisition fee of $595, $0 down, I get a monthly payment of $573. So somewhere another $86 / mo is getting added... Could be taxes + registration difference, but that seems like a pretty big difference.

However, I still think you're getting a great deal! I thought I had a really good deal laid out @ $2k under invoice. $2k under invoice for your exact options (assuming I've got those guessed correctly) and your mileage/term length, would result in $665 / mo payment here in CA, which is dang near your stated offer.

At the end of the day, I still personally think that's a very good deal (slightly better than mine, which I thought was a great deal), even if it's not the absolutely outrageous one it appeared to be at first glance!
    Bryan,

Which calculator did you use? - post a link if you would. I'm waiting for the particulars on the lease so I can pull it apart like you did. Title and registration fees are higher here. Sales tax is 6.25%, but there is also excise tax (like an ownership tax) that may not exist there that is included in the monthly fee. On a similar vehicle (diesel Limited) they had the acquisition fee at $695 - $100 higher than you listed. I'm not sure what bank they are using so could be part of it. I shopped at least a dozen other dealers and all were over $700 - so I think the deal is pretty good. They even threw in rubber mats for winter!
  • skiplapskiplap Member Posts: 3
    Here's what I was just quoted from a dealer in Knoxville, TN
    They are telling me Chrysler Capital just changed the residual from 53% to 51% as of Dec. 3rd.

Could you let me know if these numbers seem in line? Thanks for the help!

Jeep GC Limited 4x4
    23H Pkg
    Trailer Tow
    Power Roof
    Uconnect 8.4AN

36 mo
    15k/yr
    MSRP: 41,675
    Selling price / Cap Cost: 39,988
    Residual: 51%
    MF: .00028

Down Pmt: $3,000. (including the 1k lease loyalty rebate as our current Jeep lease is ending)

Payment "estimated" at $551/mo (w/tax)
  • flagrlflagrl Member Posts: 13
    Hello kyfdx,

Do you have the December residuals and money factors for the following:

2014 JGC Limited 4x2 at 15k miles per year; 36 months.

Thank you very much!
  • maxlevmaxlev Member Posts: 85
    Hello Edmunds.

I come here seeking assistance much like I have received in the past on this site. This time I am seeking a GC Limited 4x4 w/sunroof (or Lux II package) and I would like to know money factor and residual rates for December in the Philadelphia suburbs. Also, any current promotions would be helpful. Seems like a lot of different models so hard to get good information here. Any clarity would be appreciated!! Thanks.
    edited December 2013
    I ran the numbers you provided through a custom lease analysis tool I developed. Here is what I'm showing for a vehicle with those options in your state:

MSRP: $41,875
    Invoice: $39,996
    Total Selling Price: $39,988
    Cap Cost: $36,988
    Tax: $2,589.16 at 7%
    Net Cap Cost: $39,832.16
    Total Inception Fees: $2,000 (Cash down)
    Sticker Savings: $1,887 (5%)
    Invoice Savings: $0.00 (dealer is charging you +$22 more than invoice)
    Money factor: 6.7%
    Residual Value: $21,356.25 at 51%
    Lease Term: 36 mo.
    Depreciation Fee: $513.22
    Finance Fee: $17.13
    Monthly Tax: $71.92

Summary:
    Based on the numbers above your monthly payment should be closer to $530/mo. Additionally, you haven't saved anything off of the invoice. If you managed to get the dealer to give up $500 on the holdback, that would put your monthly payment closer to $515/mo with $2,000 cash down.

Also, you should think of it this way. If you weren't giving the dealership 2k down upfront, then the deal they're giving you is basically $590.40/mo.

Hope that helps.
    Hey skip -

I made a typo above.

Tax: $2,729.16 at 7%

That would make the $530 I quoted above go up to $534.
    Kyle, Would really appreciate updated lease terms for the following

GC Limited 4x4 V6
    27mo 15k/yr
    36mo 15k/yr
    39mo 15k/yr

GC Limited 4x4 Ecodiesel
    27mo 15k/yr
    36mo 15k/yr
    39mo 15k/yr

Also looking at Overlands but hate to push my luck asking.
  • bja104bja104 Member Posts: 26
    kyfdx, are you around?

Looking for December residual and money factor for the following:

2014 JGC Limited 4x4

15k miles per year; 36 and 39 month figures please. Chicago region.

Thank you very much.
    Bryan,

I think maybe you left out that the %6.25% MA sales tax is included. A couple of the fees are a little higher here but it comes out right when I crunch the numbers and then add the tax back in. I don't see anything buried and they told me I could buy the car (financed or cash) for the same $44, 435 figure. Hoping to take delivery on it by Wednesday. Not a lot of Overland diesels out there just yet.
    2014 GC 4x4 Limited 39mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00028 MF and 51% residual... same residual for 36 months

.00043 MF and 63% residual for 27 months

I don't show the engine (gas or diesel) making a difference in rates.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 JGC Overland 4x4 39mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00013 MF and 47% residual... same residual for 36 months

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 JGC Limited RWD 39 mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00036 MF and 50% residual... 36 month lease has the same residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 JGC Limited AWD 39mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00028 MF and 51% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nhguy2013nhguy2013 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2014 overland sticker $47190.im trading in my 2012 wrangler.i have 7k equity so I'm putting 7k down on the overland.
    They are offering 36 month lease
    330 a month
    15k miles a year.
    This would be my first lease.however this dealership has sold me 5 new cars and have always been very fair to me.other dealerships only offered me 4k less for my wrangler.
    Need to deciede in the next few days.
    Please advise
    Thank you bill :)
  • dacarmondacarmon Member Posts: 35
    Hi kyfdx, posting this here per your recommendation as the new 2014 Jeep Cherokee lease forum doesn't exist yet.

What are the residual and money factors on the 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited FWD for 39 months, based on 15,000 miles per year?
  • lgmanoslgmanos Member Posts: 1
    Hello, can you tell me what dealer in CA you got your deal from? I am CA as well and your deal sounds excellent. Thanks!
    2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited FWD 39mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00037 MF and 50% residual
    $ZERO acquisition fee on this model and term for this month through Chrysler Capital.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Kyle, thanks so much for the info. The 27 month figures for the limited have me intrigued, is there a similar program for the overland? 15k/yr.
    Thanks for the fast reply and all of your info!

So is 51% residual correct / current at this time on this JGC 4x4 (cant seem to find current residuals posted anywhere) ?

As well, they say that the vehicle had been a dealer trade and all hold-back was kept by the previous dealer (hence lack of invoice savings)
    Is this standard practice of a dealer keeping hold-back on a dealer trade vehicle?

Thanks!!
    2014 GC Overland 4WD 27mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00028 and 59% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes.. 51% is correct..

I've heard about the original dealer keeping the holdback, but if they traded, then they kept the holdback on the other unit, so it should be a wash for them, right?

If not, then that's not a unit I want, if I can get another unit cheaper...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• erie1234erie1234 Member Posts: 3
    Kyfdx, do you have the December residuals and money factors for the following?

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x2, 12,000 miles for 36 months and 39 months?

Thanks!
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo RWD 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00037 MF and 54% residual

39 month residual is 52%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Excellent point!! Hold-back *should* be a wash in that scenario.
    Thank you to everyone for all the help here. This is such a fantastic resource for real info and proper advice.
    I'll report back with my outcome.
    -Cheers!
  • maxlevmaxlev Member Posts: 85

So I'm looking at either a GC Limited or a C Limited.

Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 w basic sunroof
    (TrueCar.com shows only a $1000 credit for competitive leases and gives a price quote around
    $37620 for a selling price.
    Posted above is a .00028 mf and 51% residual (39/15000k)
    So we're looking at a 529/month payment + taxes (assuming 0 down sign and drive style)

Cherokee Limited 4x4 w luxury package and sunroof MSRP $33980
    TrueCar.com is listing $1000 credit for competitive leases and an additional $500 for dealer incentive and gives a price quote around $31000 for selling price.
    Posted above is a .00037 mf and 50% residual (39/15000k)
    So we're looking at a 450/month payment + taxes (assuming 0 down sign and drive style)

Does everything here look correct?
    Anyone know of any xmas/year end type promotions?
    Has anyone done better? I'm looking to lease one of these towards the end of the month hoping to work the end of month/end of year dealer desperation!

• superw2superw2 Member Posts: 1

Looking at a 2014 GC Overland and looking for the Dec/Jan Lease MF and Residuals for 36 Month, 10K miles/yr. Do the numbers change based on options (3.6L vs 5.7L primarily). Thanks in Advance!

2014 GC Overland 4WD 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00013 MF and 50% residual... The 39 month residual is also 50%
    I don't show that engine choice or options make any difference, other than 4WD/RWD and trim line.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• smetzlersmetzler Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2013

I'm looking at leasing a 2014 Grande Cherokee Limited and was looking for feedback on the deal. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• MSRP - $38,790 (includes destination charge of $995)
    • Capitalized Cost Reduction (what they took off the MSRP and they really don't want to budge) - $1,461
    • Adjusted capitalized cost - $37,329
    • Lease inception amount ($1,200 that includes first payment, taxes, etc.)
    • 39 months (I know I'll be paying more)
    • Residual Value - $20,559
    • Money Factor - .00070 (or 1.68%)
    • 12,000 miles per year
    • Cost after 12,000 miles - .25 cent
    • I live in Columbus, OH so sales tax is 7%
    • Gap Insurance Included
    • No Disposal (Disposition) fee
    • Close End Lease
    • Monthly payment with tax - $497
    • I am not trading any car in
    • The are providing free oil change and tire rotation for the three years. My concern here is what other normal maintenance needs to be done in three years / 36,000 that I need to pay for.
    • I am think about putting $2,000 down but no sure if that is a good idea or not.

Thank you for any assistance and your time.

Shawn

• amirjamirj Member Posts: 8

Hello,
    I am shopping for Summit 4x4 with the DVD player….I am getting run arounds from the dealers in my area (DC/MD/VA) can you please confirm the MF, residual and rebates on the GC summit. I am looking to lease for the following terms: 10K/yr miles 27/36/39 months residuals and MF. Dealers are playing games showing me different finance companies information and jacking up mark up on MF…..I believe that Chrysler capital is the best way to lease this truck but dealers seems to be claiming that Chrysler Capital have better rates but they are not combinable with the lease rebates. Can you please confirm if that's the case…Thanks for your help in advance.

AJ

In my area (DC/MD/VA) there are two rebates conquest $1000 & lease bonus cash $3250…..Good Luck!

@amirj said:
    Hello,
    I am shopping for Summit 4x4 with the DVD player….I am getting run arounds from the dealers in my area (DC/MD/VA) can you please confirm the MF, residual and rebates on the GC summit. I am looking to lease for the following terms: 10K/yr miles 27/36/39 months residuals and MF. Dealers are playing games showing me different finance companies information and jacking up mark up on MF…..I believe that Chrysler capital is the best way to lease this truck but dealers seems to be claiming that Chrysler Capital have better rates but they are not combinable with the lease rebates. Can you please confirm if that's the case…Thanks for your help in advance.

AJ

2014 GC Summit 4WD 39mo, 10K/yr lease

.00024 MF and 46% residual. 36mo residual is 48%.

27 month: .00043 MF and 58% residual.

I'm sorry, but I don't have the answer to your rebate question.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• smetzlersmetzler Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2013

I'm looking at leasing a 2014 Grande Cherokee Limited and was looking for feedback on the deal. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• MSRP - $38,790 (includes destination charge of $995)
    • Capitalized Cost Reduction (what they took off the MSRP) - $1,461
    • Adjusted capitalized cost - $37,329 (they said this is $95 over invoice)
    • Lease inception amount ($1,200 that includes first payment, taxes, etc.)
    • 39 months
    • Residual Value - $20,559
    • Money Factor - .00070 (or 1.68%)
    • 12,000 miles per year (cost after 12,000 miles - .25 cent)
    • Sales tax is 7%
    • Gap Insurance Included
    • Disposal (Disposition) fee of $395
    • Close End Lease
    • Monthly payment with tax - $504
    • I am not trading any car in
    • They are providing free oil change and tire rotation for the two years, theft protection (entire lease) and dent repair (entire lease)
    • I am think about putting $2,000 down but no probably wont since the total after 39 months is going to be about the same with either option.

Thank you.

Shawn

Thank You…..Much appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

• pb007pb007 Member Posts: 16

Hi KYFDX & everyone else....

I am looking to lease a 2014 Jeep GC Limited 4x4 for 36 months & 12k miles.

Options: Luxury Package II & 20" wheels.

Can you provide me with the current residual for this vehicle & money factor for top tier credit?

Looking to pull the trigger this week so if anyone can help, I would be very appreciative...

Also, I have a MSRP of $44,585 / Invoice of $42,377 / TrueCar price of $39,877.

Do those numbers look correct?

Merry Christmas!

• jaakejaake Member Posts: 1

2014 Jeep GC Summit 4x4 for 36 months & 12K miles
    current residual & money factor?

@pb007 said:
    Hi KYFDX & everyone else....

I am looking to lease a 2014 Jeep GC Limited 4x4 for 36 months & 12k miles.

Options: Luxury Package II & 20" wheels.

Can you provide me with the current residual for this vehicle & money factor for top tier credit?

Looking to pull the trigger this week so if anyone can help, I would be very appreciative...

Also, I have a MSRP of $44,585 / Invoice of $42,377 / TrueCar price of $39,877.

Do those numbers look correct?

Merry Christmas!

2014 GC Limited 4WD 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00028 MF and 53% residual.

The 39 month term has the same residual, so that is the way I would go..

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.