Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• deevedeeve Posts: 10
    Thank you. I wasnt sure if the region made much of a difference. I appreciate the number!

DAVE
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,105
    "Would those numbers change for an Overland?"

The Overland model has a slightly lower money factor of .00013, but a residual that is also 4% lower... It will be quite a bit more to lease

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hello

Love these forums and the great help they are...I am finally serious about getting into a jeep and need help.

Want to know the difference (or for that matter, overall numbers...mf/residual) for a 12k lease, 36/39 month on a grand Cherokee overland and summit. I'm curious if there is a large difference between the two given that the two are priced similar in msrp
  • Hi Kyfdx,

You had provided me the rates and residuals on 14 GC Laredo 4x4 in October. Are they the same for November? If different can you please provide updated figures for:

36 and 39 months @ 10k and 12k miles.

Thanks Again!
  • HI there!

I was hoping for help because I will be buying a car today or tomorrow.

JGC Limited, sunroof, nav. 36 mo Sign than drive for 15,000 mi per year.

MSRP 50,070 (Suspect this is BS) Overlands are that high, not limited.
    Cap $44,500
    Reductions $4600
    Adj Cap 40545

$471.00
    2014 GC Overland 4X4 39mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00013 MF and 49% residual
    Summit
    .00024 MF and 45% residual

On the 36 month term, the Overland has the same 49% residual, but the Summit residual is 47%

regards,
    kyfdx

14 GC Laredo 4x4 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00022 MF and 55% residual..

Subtract 2% for 39 months
    Add 1% for 10K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

• _bryan__bryan_ Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    Hi Kyfdx,

I'm hope this isn't asking for too much, but I'm having trouble getting direct answer out of dealers. Could you give me the November residuals and money factors for a 2014 JGC Overland vs. Summit both with the Diesel engine, 36 mo, 10k miles/year?

Also, could you tell me if/how those numbers change with the V8 rather than the diesel?

Thanks!
    2014 JGC Overland 4X4 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00013 MF and 50% residual

Summit
    .00024 MF and 48% residual

If you get the Overland, go with the 39 month lease, as the residual is the same...

The lease programs don't show any differences regarding engine choice..

regards,
    kyfdx

• Thanks kyfdx!

Just out of curiosity, do you have any clue as to why the Summit MF nearly doubled this month?? That seems crazy.
    No, but doubling from .00012 to .00024 is still a pretty small jump.. About $7-$10/month...

Not equivalent to doubling from .0012 to .0024... That would be a big jump..

• leolopezdoleolopezdo Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the quick response!

Quick question...is there a difference with a 4x2 as opposed to 4x4? Residuals/MF? Thanks again
  • I am looking at A JGC Limited 4x4 with the lux II MSRP 43190. The selling price they are offering is 38850. The dealership just called me that residuals and MF has changed since last week (?!?!?) and the monthly quote they gave me is now wrong. Does anyone know what the residual and MF is right now? I am looking at 10K and 36 months. Trying to make sure they don't give me the bait and switch.
    Different money factors.... different residuals on some terms, not others... do you need the RWD numbers?

2014 JGC Limited 4x4 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00028 MF and 54% residual... 39 month residual is also 54%

regards,
    kyfdx

2014 JGC Limited 4x4 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00028 MF and 54% residual... 39 month residual is also 54%

If rates change in the middle of the month, I won't know about it.. Seems unlikely they would get worse, though... Mid-month changes usually mean an improvement.

regards,
    kyfdx

• Yes please.

I apologize for not being clear on my original post. Completely my fault.

Let me be clear so as to not waste your time...

Residuals/MF on 2014 RWD Grand Cherokee Overland and Summit for 12k miles...36/39 month lease.

Thanks again and I apologize for not being clear the first time.
  • Thank you for the information. Much appreciated!
    2014 RWD Grand Cherokee Overland 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00019 MF and 49% residual. 39 month residual is 47%

Summit
    .00068 MF and 47% residual. 39 month residual is 45%

regards,
    kyfdx

• Just signed a deal to order this car. Please let me know what you think.

2014 JGC Limited Max Steel, Black Interior 39months, 7500 miles/yr
    Luxury Group II Package, Nav, Off Road Adventure I, Engine Block Heater
    1k down, $409/month (inc all taxes and fees rolled in)

I believe the sticker was $44,100 with a cap cost of $39,100 (Chrysler Affiliate Program)

Is this a good deal?
  • HI Everyone,

I was looking to make sure I was getting a good deal.

I came to a tentative agreement for a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited AWD. Moonroof and Nav.

MSRP was 32440
    Initial Cap 29840
    6.9 % APR through Ally with $2000 rebate from bank? and a 1000 rebate for competitive lease.
    Residual 19840
    36 Months
    15,000 miles per year.
    0 down, 0 due, tax title reg included.

405.11/month.

I get a gut feeling they should be about 20-30 less but I am not sure. Please let me know your thoughts! Any feedback would be helpful.
  • phat_ratphat_rat Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Can you guys tell me if this is a good deal for a lease:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
    MSRP $48,180
    Sales Price $43,078

39 months at 15k - Va (4% sales tax, $57 tags and $399 processing fee)
    $645 per month with just the 1st month's payment due at signing

Thank you.
  • Need to thank kyfdx for such valuable information , closed on my new truck yesterday. To poster "atherrien" I also received $2000 rebate and $1,000 competitive lease. But I also had to pay $895 bank fee. Did you? Ally does not have disposition fees presently.

Which brings me to my question for kydfx. I know most if not all banks have aquisition fee's, but $895 seems excessive. What concerns me even more is that the bank fee on my lease was not a seperate line item but included as a capital cost reduction.

Makes me think that the dealer marked up the fee, but what advantage to the dealer would it be to put down as a cap reduction. Why wouldnt they just put the marked up bank fee as a seperate line item? Unless it helps me by bringing down the cap cost. Makes me think something fishy is going on. Any ideas as to whats going on here?

Unfortunatley I could not find a definitive answer to Ally's bank fee anywhere online. Anyone privy to this information?
  • HI Moon,

I dont know how your credit is, but the bank will waive it only for top level credit. I have a 810 credit score and they negotiated the fee away. I didnt have to pay it and neither did they.

I purchased in MA at Herb Chambers Jeep Chrysler.
  • Hi all -

I am being offered the following deal for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 v6. What do you think?

• Luxury Group II
    • 20” wheels
    • 39 month term
    • 12k/year mileage program
    • Nav included
    • Sunroof
    • $680 down + $489 (first month's payment) = $1169 (total down)
    • $489 (monthly payment)

MSRP: $42,200
    Adjusted Cap: $40,478

I sort of backed into the Adjusted Cap cost based on what the dealer quoted as a monthly payment, so I should be pretty close if not dead-on. All we discussed over the phone was money down and monthly payment. Based on those 2 factors, I've deduced the adjusted cap.

Thoughts?
  • I had an 800 FICO last checked i last checked in Jan 2012. Im going to try and talk to Ally directly. Thx for the reply!
  • Kyfdx, do you have current residuals and money factors for the following?

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x2,10,000 miles and 12,000 miles for 36 months

Thanks in advance!
  • After dealing with a handful of dealers and making what I felt was moderate progress on this deal, I have decided to enlist the services of www.insidecarbuying.com and let Tommy (or one of his employees) broker the deal for me.

I also purchased a DIY report from them, which I found helpful, but ultimately couldn't get a dealer to even come close to it. I figured, since they stand behind the report, who better to go out and secure the deal? They guarantee it within $2-3 of the monthly price.

I will keep everyone posted. I was told the process typically takes 72 hours so I should have updates pretty quick.
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x2 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00024 MF and 54% residual
    Add 1% for 10K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

• There so much information flying around when it comes to leases so here's what I was able to get on the last day of October. 2014 Jeep GC Limited 4x4 (I live in the Northeast). $429/month, 39 months, 12,000 miles a year. List $40,705. Residual (buy-out) $21,981. Disposal fee if I don't buy it -$450. Transfer fee if I buy it - $300. Monthly payment $429. Down Payment $2,500 which includes my first month payment of $429. I frankly don't know how we got to $429, and I really don't care since it's the bottom line, final numbers that count. Good luck.