Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    Hi Car Man
    What are Nov lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 3.5 AWD
    10k and 12K?
    thx
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,887
    2014 X5 3.5 AWD 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 60% residual. Add 1% for 10K/yr residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide November lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k?
    Also, do rates change with different trims?

Thank you!
    2014 X5 5.0 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 61% residual

Generally, numbers are different for different models (engine, AWD, etc..), but not for packages.. However, this month, all 2014 X5 models have the same lease numbers.

regards,
    kyfdx

• texcbtexcb Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information. Could you also please provide the MF and residuals for a 36mo, 15k/yr lease? Specifically looking for 2014 X5 3.0 xdrive.

Thank you
    There is no 3.0

Do you want 5.0 or 3.5? Or, 3.5 Diesel?

• texcbtexcb Posts: 2
    I meant the xDrive 35i, which is the 3.5.

Thanks
    2014 X5 xDrive 3.5 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 58% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

• Hi,

Hopefully you guys can help me make a decision. My 2011 X5 xDrive35i Premium with tech and winter package lease is up in March and I'm torn between keeping the car or selling/trading in for a new 2014 x5. A few months back, my residual was a few thousand below market price but now it seems about even.
    Anyone have a suggestion?

Details:

Lease up in March 2014 with residual value of $34,900.
    Dec 2012 Lease Payoff $38,900.

Options I can think of:
    Keep the car--Lease end buyout for $34,900
    Buy the car and sell it to a private party
    Negotiate for a 2014 x5 using my lease end residual

Thanks in advance!
  • When you factor in maintenance, warranty and all that jazz it is usually cheaper to get a new one. I was going to buy out my E92 328x drive but when I favored in 3k for a warranty to 100k and figured minimum 1k for maintenance (I had not yet replaced the brakes) it was cheaper to lease a new 5 series.
  • Warranty coverage renewals are worrying me too. What did you do with your e92? Just returned it or made some type of deal?
    I would be inclined to lease a new one, as well.... but, what's the rush? The new X5 is in pretty high demand, right now.. I'd wait until closer to lease end, and hopefully, better deals will be there to be had...

• You can also make them an offer, when returning your car. A few years back I offered them $2000 less than the residual and they went for it. It took a few dealers, but it was worth it. They certified my X5, put 4 new tires on it and detailed it. They did what they would do if they were going to sell it, which is what they did with a pre set buyer, me :) Try it out and tell them it would be easy for them, they don't have to have the car sit on their lot etc etc.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 284
    edited November 2013
    returned 3 mo early w bmw eating the last 3 payments. Pull ahead program.
  • Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide December lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k?
    I hope they are better then Nov ones!

Thank you!
    The numbers have not changed from November..

• are diesel #'s out yet?
  • Sorry my question was a bit short.

Are there 2014 diesel #'s out yet? if so can you share the 36 month residual? Assuming the MF is .00125?

Can you also share the 2013 #'s for the diesel? Also, does the 2013 still have the eco-credit available? Any option credits? For some reason BMW has pulled 2013 info off their website just for the X5 (they left 3 and 5 series stuff up there)

thank you!!
    2014 X5 35diesel 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 58% residual
    $1000 lease loyalty

I don't have any 2013 model information for this month.

regards,
    kyfdx

• thank you sir
  • Hey kyfdx, any update on the January MF, residual, incentives for 2014 X5 35d? Thanks, I really appreciate the help.

• feliksnyfeliksny Posts: 11

Hi Car Man,

Happy New Year!

I hear rates finally changed from Dec to Jan, and I believe for the worse. Can you please provide January lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k?

Thank you!

• I was looking at the X5 35d in December, at that time the residual was 42% based on an MSRP of $64,500 and Elite tier credit. Does anybody know if that has changed for January? Also, any word on the ECO credit coming back for the Diesel?

Cheers!

• Sorry, I forgot to mention that those numbers were for the BMW Select Program for 60 months, not a standard 36 month lease.

@feliksny said: Hi Car Man,

Happy New Year!

I hear rates finally changed from Dec to Jan, and I believe for the worse. Can you please provide January lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k?

Thank you!

.00130 MF and 60% residual for 36 months

kyfdx

@jeff_lebowski said: Sorry, I forgot to mention that those numbers were for the BMW Select Program for 60 months, not a standard 36 month lease.

I'm sorry. I don't have the information for the Select Financing program.

• Do you know much about it? Sounds like a good program?

Usually, you only see it in states with onerous lease taxation. Illinois and Texas come to mind, as both states tax the entire selling price of a leased vehicle. It's not very popular in states that only tax the monthly lease payment.

• thor928thor928 Posts: 3

Hi Car Man. My 2011 x5 lease is up in april and i'm looking to get a 36 month lease on the 2014 x5 xdrive 35i. do you have residual and money factor for 36 month 12k lease? also if my lease is up at the end of april, when would you recommend that I sign with a dealer. appreciate the help.

@thor928 said: Hi Car Man. My 2011 x5 lease is up in april and i'm looking to get a 36 month lease on the 2014 x5 xdrive 35i. do you have residual and money factor for 36 month 12k lease? also if my lease is up at the end of april, when would you recommend that I sign with a dealer. appreciate the help.

2014 X5 xDrive 35i 36mo, 12K/yr lease

.00130 MF and 59% residual

If you are ordering your car, then I'd order in February for April delivery, and lock in the price and the February rates. With the agreement from your dealer that you can switch to the rates April rates, if they are better. You have to be specific on the agreement that you want the base rate, with no markups.

If you are buying off the lot, then I see no purpose in shopping for a new one, until you are within a one month window of your lease end.