Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 BMW X5 Lease Questions

135678

Comments

  • thor928thor928 Posts: 3

    Thank you very much Car Man. Appears that MF went up and residual went down since December. One other question, I've heard that there is a $500 customer cash back for the 2014 X5 through February 28th, plus a $1000 cash back for loyalty customers. Assuming I can get both or either, should I negotiate a purchase price for the lease first and then ask that the price get further cut by the $1500? If so, do you know what people are typically able to negotiate for the car (excluding any customer cash back or loyalty money)? The lowest I heard was $300 over invoice, but I'm not sure whether that included customer cash or loyalty money. Thank you again.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    I would ask about eligibility, beforehand.. and, incorporate that into my offer, so I know exactly what I'm asking for.

    The X5 prices paid forum is here:
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/3784/bmw/x5/bmw-x5-prices-paid-and-buying-experience#latest

    I'd check there for what others are paying. Good luck!

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • thor928thor928 Posts: 3

    thank you.

  • carnut12carnut12 Posts: 35

    What is the current money factor and residual for the 2013 X5s diesel/3.0/4.4 36m/10k?

    thanks

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    .00130 MF for all models

    Residual

    57% for 3.5 model

    58% for 5.0 model

    53% for Diesel

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • feliksnyfeliksny Posts: 11

    Hi Car Man,

    Would you be so kind as to provide February lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k?

    Thank you!

  • You can try www.theleaseoutlet.com - you can build your own car online and then have a car delivered to your home in about 10 days. Anyway the rates are pretty good and you never have to go to a dealer to get your car.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    @feliksny said: Hi Car Man,

    Would you be so kind as to provide February lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k?

    Thank you!

    .00130 MF and 60% residual

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • tsh11tsh11 Posts: 4

    Hi!

    I am looking to order the following:

    X5 xDrive35d Base MSRP$56,600 Dark Graphite Metallic$550 Black Dakota Leather$0 Aluminum Trim$0 Cold Weather Package$550 Driver Assistance Plus$1,900 Driver Assistance Package$1,400 ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant$1,200 Premium Package$2,700 xLine$2,600 3rd row seat + rear axle air suspension$1,700 Rear manual side window shades$250 Destination & Handling$925 Total MSRP$70,375

    I'd like to lease this vehicle for 36 months at 15,000 miles per year. I understand that the money factors are coming in at 0.00130 and the residuals at 57%. That being said, the best quotes I have found are MFs at 0.00170 with 1% off MSRP. I live in Michigan. The dealerships state that the 0.00130 is their buy rate and "need to make some money on it as well." I'm looking for something better than this if you have any suggestions. I am willing to travel to another state if necessary for a better deal.

    Any comments are greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    Really... you just have to shop more dealers. Most dealers mark up the money factor, but perserverance will eventually pay off. The new X5 is popular, but I wouldn't really bother trying to bargain with a dealer that is giving me $700 off MSRP, then making back $2000 extra on the financing. You might as well just hit yourself in the head with a hammer.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Hey all,

    I'm looking at a 2013 X5 50i with:

    PP2
    Premium sound
    Convenience
    Pano
    Bluetooth, etc

    Not super optioned out but it's a 13 with 150 miles on it and the drivetrain that I want.

    MSRP = 68k
    Non-negotiated = 59k

    This is for my wife and we are coming off a '11 328i lease. My question is what other incentive money can I get out of them? Also, is MF and RV still .00125 and 57% on a '13 50i?

    I know 59k for a low optioned 13 isn't great so any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • tsh11tsh11 Posts: 4

    That has to be the best response in the forum. I am glad that you're thinking the same way. I was banging my head on the wall. Maybe a hammer would be more efficient. Thanks!!!

  • Hi Car Man,

    Can you tell me the money factor and residual for 2014 X5 35i 10k miles?

    Thanks! BB

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    @benjedidiah said: Hey all,
    I'm looking at a 2013 X5 50i with:
    PP2 Premium sound Convenience Pano Bluetooth, etc
    Not super optioned out but it's a 13 with 150 miles on it and the drivetrain that I want.
    MSRP = 68k Non-negotiated = 59k
    This is for my wife and we are coming off a '11 328i lease. My question is what other incentive money can I get out of them? Also, is MF and RV still .00125 and 57% on a '13 50i?
    I know 59k for a low optioned 13 isn't great so any help would be greatly appreciated!

    .00130 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. Add 2% for 12K/yr

    Those are the same numbers as January.. If there are any incentives on the 2013 X5, they are dealer incentives that are not apparent. They do have a "pull ahead" program on 2010/2011 BMW leases.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    @agentbb007 said: Hi Car Man,

    Can you tell me the money factor and residual for 2014 X5 35i 10k miles?

    Thanks! BB

    .00130 MF and 60% residual. $500 Drive credit.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • @kyfdx@Edmunds said: .00130 MF for all models

    Residual

    57% for 3.5 model

    58% for 5.0 model

    53% for Diesel

    53% for Diesel?! How many miles annually for a 3 year lease?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    That was for a 2013 model... and that reply was for the 36mo, 10K/yr term requested.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • @kyfdx@Edmunds said: That was for a 2013 model... and that reply was for the 36mo, 10K/yr term requested.

    Thanks for the clarification @kyfdex.

    Could you please provide the residuals for a 15k and 18 lease of a 2014 X5 Diesel. I assume the MF is still at 0.00130 until the end of Feb? Appreciate your response!

  • Thanks for the response Kyle!

    The maturity date for my 2011 328i is Oct 6th, and the sales person told me the cut off on the "pull ahead" program is Aug 31st, and there was no budging on that.. This true?

    I'm close to making a deal on a 2013 50i optioned out. What other fees should I be looking for post negotiated price.. Bank fee, etc?

    Are any of the fees non-negotiable? I know this is where a good deal can go south quick so I want to be as prepared as possible. Going in tomorrow afternoon to finalize. Thanks!
  • Lease info. Here is the deal 2014 X5 Diesel Loaded MSRP $71,550 Dealer offer is $70,550 Money Factor .00170 Zero down 12K per year Residual 59% First payment and reg fees

    Good or bad deal?? Thanks

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    @gosooners said: Could you please provide the residuals for a 15k and 18 lease of a 2014 X5 Diesel. I assume the MF is still at 0.00130 until the end of Feb? Appreciate your response!

    .00130 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease. BMW charges per mile for allowances over 15K/yr.. Not sure what that charge will be on an X5.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    @benjedidiah said: Thanks for the response Kyle!
    The maturity date for my 2011 328i is Oct 6th, and the sales person told me the cut off on the "pull ahead" program is Aug 31st, and there was no budging on that.. This true?
    I'm close to making a deal on a 2013 50i optioned out. What other fees should I be looking for post negotiated price.. Bank fee, etc?
    Are any of the fees non-negotiable? I know this is where a good deal can go south quick so I want to be as prepared as possible. Going in tomorrow afternoon to finalize. Thanks!

    I actually thought the cutoff was July 31st, but either way, you won't qualify.

    Acquisition fee is $725, but watch for markups ($925 is the maximum).. Other than that, your dealer will probably have a doc fee ($80 in California, $699 or more in Florida.. lol). Then, title/registration fees. Stay away from tire/wheel insurance, unless it is extremely cheap... Also, lease end charge insurance is usually a bad deal...

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    @bothfly737 said: Lease info. Here is the deal 2014 X5 Diesel Loaded MSRP $71,550 Dealer offer is $70,550 Money Factor .00170 Zero down 12K per year Residual 59% First payment and reg fees

    Good or bad deal?? Thanks

    At these prices, I'd get a different model.. $1000 off, then marking up the money factor by the maximum amount, which adds $1800 or more in financing costs..

    Bad deal.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • @kyfdx@Edmunds said:

    Yeah, I didn't think it was a good deal as well. What should I be paying here in Texas for a X5? Thanks

  • What are the residuals for an x5 xdrive 35i and 50i for 36 months, 12k year?

    Thanks!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    @mooshooorson said: What are the residuals for an x5 xdrive 35i and 50i for 36 months, 12k year?

    Thanks!

    Both are .00130 MF and 59% residual.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • I'm working with CA on the pull ahead program and the dealership has 2 2013 X5d's. I'm not interested in the 2014's and want to do a lease deal on one of the 13's. He's telling me the residual is 50%?! Also, my guess is that they've already recognized the incentives on these cars and therefore I should be able to get them below invoice for the car?

  • @kyfdx, Do you have residuals for 30 month leases for the 2014 X5 Diesel? If not what would 24 months be? I assume Money Factor is still 0.0013 even with change in duration? I'm looking at 15k mi/yr. Thanks!!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,056

    @gosooners said: kyfdx, Do you have residuals for 30 month leases for the 2014 X5 Diesel? If not what would 24 months be? I assume Money Factor is still 0.0013 even with change in duration? I'm looking at 15k mi/yr. Thanks!!

    .00130 MF and 57% for 36mo, 15K/yr. 60% for 30 months. 63% for 24 months.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • xhlar8cfxhlar8cf Posts: 9

    Kyfdx what are the residuals and MF for March on 2014 X5? Thanks in advance!

Sign In or Register to comment.