Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897

A reporter is looking to interview a car shopper who has found car pricing complicated and/or confusing. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, June 20, 2014 to share your story and opinions with a reporter.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kzevokzevo Posts: 13
    edited June 25

Can I please get the MF and Residual for 36month 10K for June please. This is for a 35i xdrive thank you.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,792

@kzevo said: Can I please get the MF and Residual for 36month 10K for June please. This is for a 35i xdrive thank you.

.00130 MF and 59% residual

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kzevokzevo Posts: 13

thank you. looks like it hasn't changed since May. Do you know when BMW offers the best incentives (wrt residuals and rebates/incentives) on X5?

@kzevo said: thank you. looks like it hasn't changed since May. Do you know when BMW offers the best incentives (wrt residuals and rebates/incentives) on X5?

There isn't any historical pattern. The 2014 X5 is one of the fastest selling vehicles in the U.S. I don't think BMW feels they have to offer any incentives to move them.

• ufo007ufo007 Posts: 4

Can I please get the MF and Residual for 36 months; 15K for July? This is for a 35i xdrive.

@ufo007 said: Can I please get the MF and Residual for 36 months; 15K for July? This is for a 35i xdrive.

.00130 and 55% residual.

• neeta516neeta516 Posts: 2

Hi, I just received a quote for a 36 month lease with 12k miles. MSRP is 62k. $2,500 due at signing (no break down given). I live in MA where sales tax rate is 6.25 percent. Monthly payment of about 872 including taxes. Is that a good deal? Thanks!

@neeta516 said: Hi, I just received a quote for a 36 month lease with 12k miles. MSRP is 62k. $2,500 due at signing (no break down given). I live in MA where sales tax rate is 6.25 percent. Monthly payment of about 872 including taxes. Is that a good deal? Thanks!

We would need a lot more detail than that... especially need the selling price.

Does Massachusetts apply the 6.25% tax to the payment, or to the full selling price?

• neeta516neeta516 Posts: 2

@kyfdx said: Does Massachusetts apply the 6.25% tax to the payment, or to the full selling price?

Hi, the dealer unfortunately didn't give me the full details. Msrp is about 62,500 and he said he will give it to me at 60k. I'm not sure how MA applies the sales tax. Are there addtl questions I should ask the dealer? Thanks!

@neeta516 said: Are there addtl questions I should ask the dealer? Thanks!

A breakdown of how the $2500 is applied
    The money factor
    The amount of the acquisition fee
    How MA taxes the lease

• ellisina4ellisina4 Posts: 27

Can someone comment please: What is the MF and residual for 2014 X5 xDrive50i for 10K miles and 36/42 months or whatever is best lease duration. Also, what is the typical discount off the MSRP. Are there any "take over incentives" like Audi has?

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,323

@ellisina4 said: Can someone comment please: What is the MF and residual for 2014 X5 xDrive50i for 10K miles and 36/42 months or whatever is best lease duration. Also, what is the typical discount off the MSRP. Are there any "take over incentives" like Audi has?

.00130 and 58% for 36/10. Don't bother with a 42 month lease - residuals are awful in comparison.

7% off MSRP is a good place to start.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Michael, would you mind providing MF and residual for 2015 BMW X5 xDrive50i for 10k miles/year and 36month lease. Are there any incentives on 2015s? Thank you in advance. Also, I just went to look into MY2014 with sticker of $80,700 and the most they would give me off was $3k. When I told them about 7% off MSRP they kind of laughed. Is that normal?

@ellisina4 said: Michael, would you mind providing MF and residual for 2015 BMW X5 xDrive50i for 10k miles/year and 36month lease. Are there any incentives on 2015s? Thank you in advance. Also, I just went to look into MY2014 with sticker of $80,700 and the most they would give me off was $3k. When I told them about 7% off MSRP they kind of laughed. Is that normal?

On the X5's, yes. Not as much of a discount there. 3- and 5-series, yes.

I don't have any numbers for the 2015 X5's - are they at the dealerships already?

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

They are not at the dealerships yet but you are able to order with September delivery dates. These are being built in SC and not in Germany. I just downloaded order and price guide from bimmerworld.com

@ellisina4 said: They are not at the dealerships yet but you are able to order with September delivery dates. These are being built in SC and not in Germany. I just downloaded order and price guide from bimmerworld.com

We don't have the lease numbers for the 2015 X5; perhaps next month as we get closer to dealership availability.

@ellisina4 said: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=774800

Oh I don't doubt they can be ordered; we just don't have any lease numbers in the July data we reference.

thank you, Michaell.

• dtownotdtownot Posts: 1

We recently moved to Bucks Co (PA) where everything seems more $$$. I want to lease or buy X5 (2012-14) and need honest answers where I hope I will learn more on here to take with me to the dealer so they don't try to kill me financially. I need a straight answer - lease vs. buy? I have a 50 min commute each way to work and need a reliable, exceptionally built car. I'm sick of buying "less than's" and being disappointed 12-24 months into purchase. I still owe $22k on 2012 GMC Acadia. How do I figure out what a lease will cost and what will be most cost effective for me? I have excellent credit and have plenty to put down but don't want to put it all down....HELP! Where do I start? TY!

@dtownot said: We recently moved to Bucks Co (PA) where everything seems more $$$. I want to lease or buy X5 (2012-14) and need honest answers where I hope I will learn more on here to take with me to the dealer so they don't try to kill me financially. I need a straight answer - lease vs. buy? I have a 50 min commute each way to work and need a reliable, exceptionally built car. I'm sick of buying "less than's" and being disappointed 12-24 months into purchase. I still owe $22k on 2012 GMC Acadia. How do I figure out what a lease will cost and what will be most cost effective for me? I have excellent credit and have plenty to put down but don't want to put it all down....HELP! Where do I start? TY!

There are two transactions here - the lease of the BMW and the trade of the Acadia.

I recommend you heading over to the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion to get an honest appraisal of what the GMC is worth - if you are too far upside down it may make more sense to keep it for the time being.

On the BMW, call a few dealers and see what kid of pricing you can get. I suspect it won't be much off sticker - X5's are pretty popular. Then, head back here and we can model a payment using the base MF and residual.

any numbers yet for 2015? MF and residual for 2015 BMW X5 xDrive50i for 10k miles/year and 36month lease. Are there any incentives on 2015s?

@ellisina4 said: any numbers yet for 2015? MF and residual for 2015 BMW X5 xDrive50i for 10k miles/year and 36month lease. Are there any incentives on 2015s?

No lease program out for the 2015 X5, yet.

• Smartinez24Smartinez24 bronx, NYPosts: 22
    May I have the residual and MF for a 2014 x5 35xdrive 36 months 12k. IS there any other scenario with better numbers

@Smartinez24 said: May I have the residual and MF for a 2014 x5 35xdrive 36 months 12k. IS there any other scenario with better numbers

.00130 and 57%. The 30/12 residual is 60%, but with 6 fewer payments, that may not be a better payment. 36 months is often the sweet spot.

• vwbmwvwbmw Posts: 4
    Hello, are there numbers yet for the 2015? If not, can I guess based on July numbers for x5d?

In any case looking for July incentives, mf and residuals for x5d. 12k/year, 27, 30 and 36 mo.

Thanks

@vwbmw said: Hello, are there numbers yet for the 2015? If not, can I guess based on July numbers for x5d?

In any case looking for July incentives, mf and residuals for x5d. 12k/year, 27, 30 and 36 mo.
    Thanks

No numbers yet for 2015 X5 - 2014 numbers are .00130. No 27 month residuals are published; 24/30/36 residuals for 12K are 63% / 60% / 57%. No incentives.

Any numbers yet for 2015? MF and residual for 2015 BMW X5 xDrive50i for 10k miles/year and 36month lease. Are there any incentives on 2015s?

@ellisina4 said: Any numbers yet for 2015? MF and residual for 2015 BMW X5 xDrive50i for 10k miles/year and 36month lease. Are there any incentives on 2015s?

There are 2015 numbers for some BMW models, just not the X5 .. yet. If they are in the showrooms, I would expect to see numbers on them next month .... er, next week. :smile: