Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,225

.00065 MF and 51% for 36mo, 12K/yr lease

.00085 MF and 47% for 42mo, 12K/yr lease

The Prestige trim line has the lowest residuals.

The MSD program does lower the money factor by a certain amount for each deposit, but I'm not familiar with the numbers for Audi's MSD program.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• We are interested in leasing an A6 Premium Plus TDI. We drive about 18 to 20 thousand miles a year and have a bias to lease for shorter periods. What are 24 and 36 month residuals and money factors on 15K/yr leases? Does it make financial sense to buy 4500 extra miles per year upfront. I ask because that is what we do with our current Mercedes and it works out to be less expensive than a 20K/year lease. Your guidance regarding the "sweet spot" is appreciated. Thank you.

• ryand23ryand23 Posts: 1
    edited February 18

Hi kyfdx@Edmunds,

First of all, thanks for all of the information you have shared. I'm about to lease a 2014 Audi A6 Prestige 3.0L TFSI, MSRP = $62,335. Can you tell me what the current Money Factor is right now for this vehicle?

Thanks! Ryan

@sophiesdad said: We are interested in leasing an A6 Premium Plus TDI. We drive about 18 to 20 thousand miles a year and have a bias to lease for shorter periods. What are 24 and 36 month residuals and money factors on 15K/yr leases? Does it make financial sense to buy 4500 extra miles per year upfront. I ask because that is what we do with our current Mercedes and it works out to be less expensive than a 20K/year lease. Your guidance regarding the "sweet spot" is appreciated. Thank you.

.00089 MF and 60% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr.

.00089 MF and 53% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

36 month term is definitely the sweet spot on this model. I'm not sure how Audi handles the extra mileage on a high-mileage lease. Some makes collect the amount upfront, while others reduce the residual by that amount..

@ryand23 said: Hi kyfdx@Edmunds,

First of all, thanks for all of the information you have shared. I'm about to lease a 2014 Audi A6 Prestige 3.0L TFSI, MSRP = $62,335. Can you tell me what the current Money Factor is right now for this vehicle?

Thanks! Ryan

.00065 for terms up to 36 months.

• onehundredonehundred Posts: 2
    edited February 23

2014 2.0 lease 560 including tax x 36 month with 500 down Audi a6 with premium plus and Quattro. Won't give me a break down residual mf etc.. Mrsp 51000.

Should I take it? Dealers being a bit shifty but I don't think numbers are that bad.

• That's a 2.0 t

• Hello kyfdx@Edmunds - thank you very much for your information: - I'm looking for Money factor and RV for - 24 month / 10000 lease for both the A6 Premium and A6 Premium Plus - 36 month / 10000 lease for both the A6 Premium and A6 Premium Plus

Again - thank you for your great information.

• I forgot to mention that would be A6 2.0T - Premium / Premium Plus.

Also - One more question - there is a Loyalty / New Owner Acquisition of $1500 that I am aware of - I am neither a current Audi and don't have one of the other competitor's cars listed - can I still possibly get this - and are there are ANY other current dealer offers (rebates, manufacturer rebates, etc.) ? I will be getting this car this week.

@lowlease said: I forgot to mention that would be A6 2.0T - Premium / Premium Plus.

Also - One more question - there is a Loyalty / New Owner Acquisition of $1500 that I am aware of - I am neither a current Audi and don't have one of the other competitor's cars listed - can I still possibly get this - and are there are ANY other current dealer offers (rebates, manufacturer rebates, etc.) ? I will be getting this car this week.

FWD?

.00034 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. 62% residual for 24/10

Quattro?

.00052 MF and 57%/64% respectively

• kapilvillekapilville Posts: 9
    edited March 1

Here's the deal I've negotiated...what do you guys think?

The Car:

• 2014 A6, 3.0, Prestige, Quattro
    • Daytona Gray Pearl Effect
    • Black Leather, Ash Wood Trim
    • LED Headlights
    • Black Headliner
    • 19" Sport Package
    • Black Optic Package
    • Cold Weather Package
    • Driver Assistance Package
    • Carpet + Rubber Floor Mats
    • First Aid Kit
    • Apple Lightning Connector
    • AudiCare Prepaid Maintenance

The Deal:

• MSRP: $67,135
    • -6% Supplier Discount
    • -$1500 Loyalty Discount
    • -$1106.90 Dealership Negotiated Discount
    • Net Cost: $60,500.00
    • In IL so 7.25% tax but dealer is giving a tax credit for $22k so only paying tax on the remainder.
    • ~$250 for title/plates
    • 00065 Money Factor
    • 51% Residual

36/month, 12,000 miles/year lease for ~$937/month

It looks like you did well on price negotiations.. Lease tax in Illinois and the low residual of the Prestige model really hurt, though. The residual on the Premium Plus model is 4% higher, if that is under consideration.

• @kapilville said: Here's the deal I've negotiated...what do you guys think? ... * MSRP: $67,135 * Net Cost: $60,500.00 * In IL so 7.25% tax but dealer is giving a tax credit for $22k so only paying tax on the remainder. * ~$250 for title/plates * 00065 Money Factor * 51% Residual

36/month, 12,000 miles/year lease for ~$937/month

Kyfdx,

Can you help me with the calculation on this? I get depreciation of $739.48 and rent of $61.58 for a total of $791.06/month before tax. Is the tax that much in Illinois or am I missing something?

Thanks!

edited March 2

Thanks!

I'd prefer Prestige, despite the hit on residual, as I really want some of the options that aren't available on the Premium Plus trim level.

The sales tax in IL is charged on the total purchase price - so $60,500 in my case. But often, dealers who take in lease returns, and are therefore entitled to a refund or a credit of tax paid at lease inception, will use those credits to offset taxes on new leases and help close deals.

In my case, the available tax credit is for $22k so I'm only going to end up paying tax on the remaining $38,500. Kinda' screwed myself out of a 32k tax credit which the dealer had available a few days ago but was gone by the time we were done negotiating.

My plan is to keep the car long term - only leasing because of the 22k tax credit and also because I can have the dealer certify the car with the CPO warranty for ~$1300 when I purchase at the end of the lease. I can get financing from my credit union for 0.25% for 60 months but I think I still make out better with the lease due to the tax credit.

Also, wanted to clarify that the MSRP of the car doesn't include the Audi Care prepaid maintenance, both sets of mats, first aid kit and the iphone adapter - these all add up to about $1200 retail but the dealer is throwing them in at no cost to me.

@silent_drone said: Is the tax that much in Illinois

Sigh. Yes!

• @kapilville said: Thanks!

I'd prefer Prestige, despite the hit on residual, as I really want some of the options that aren't available on the Premium Plus trim level.

I'm with you on that. Comfort seats and S-Line trim are worth it IMHO.

Thanks for the explanation about the tax. Bummer....

@silent_drone said: I get depreciation of $739.48 and rent of $61.58 for a total of $791.06/month before tax

I'd appreciate the double-checking of the math as well. If it's 791.06 without tax then the ~$937 payment would appear to be too high because the tax doesn't explain the difference.

I get the same $791, pre-tax.. Adding $2800 in tax to the CAP cost brings it to about $870.

So.. the rest of it might be in the details. What is your due at signing amount? How are they accounting for the acquisition fee? What is the actual CAP cost for the lease? (this is the number that will reveal a lot). Shouldn't AudiCare raise your residual by 1% to 52%?

$67/mo. to account for, besides the tax... maybe, a little more if the residual is actually 52%.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said: I get the same $791, pre-tax.. Adding $2800 in tax to the CAP cost brings it to about $870.

So.. the rest of it might be in the details. What is your due at signing amount? How are they accounting for the acquisition fee? What is the actual CAP cost for the lease? (this is the number that will reveal a lot). Shouldn't AudiCare raise your residual by 1% to 52%?

$67/mo. to account for, besides the tax... maybe, a little more if the residual is actually 52%.

Hammered out the deal late on Friday right before closing, so I'm missing some of this detail. Will post on Monday when the salesperson emails me the numbers so we can fill in the blanks. The car is a dealer trade so won't be at the dealership where I'm buying until about Thursday.

• hdizzle2hdizzle2 Posts: 2

2014 A6 3.0T Prestige. 36 mo. 15k miles. Quoted a MF of .00095 with 49% residual. What should they be?

@hdizzle2 said: 2014 A6 3.0T Prestige. 36 mo. 15k miles. Quoted a MF of .00095 with 49% residual. What should they be?

.00065 MF... the residual is correct

• hdizzle2hdizzle2 Posts: 2

@kyfdx@edmunds Thanks so much.

edited March 5

@kyfdx@Edmunds said: I get the same $791, pre-tax.. Adding $2800 in tax to the CAP cost brings it to about $870.

So, got the numbers from the dealer:

Selling Price-$62,000 Final Cap-$65,476.14 Residual-52% Money Factor-.00065 Acquisition Fee-$695 Final tax amount-$3,058.87

They appear to not be including the $1,500 loyalty discount in calculating the selling price. Is that normal for that type of a discount/rebate? Apparently it's being used as a "down payment" after tax.

I'm not quite sure how they came up with the tax figure or the final cap cost. The tax credit is $20,042 so I would pay tax at 7.25% of purchase price minus 20,042. I don't think the acquisition fee or the registration/plates are taxed.

The residual did go up to 52% to account for AudiCare.

The acquisition fee is rolled into the lease so I would only owe the first payment at the time of lease inception.

Thoughts?

• kate_spayedkate_spayed Posts: 1

Wanted to know what you though of this deal...

A6 2.0 quattro premium Moonlight blue Cold weather Nav MMI plus Side Assist

msrp 50045 cap cost 45761 residual 28025 MF 0.00072 tax 6.0% in MI 36 months, 12k

578/month

due at signing: first month plus 695 acquisition plus 200 "doc" fee

Are the MF and residuals accurate? Last month the MF was 0.00102, why such a change? thanks

Could someone please check the numbers? @kyfdx@Edmunds @silent_drone

photo.JPG 2.5M
  • idr2020idr2020 Posts: 1

Hi kyfdx@Edmunds, you are a wealth of information, thank you. Please clarify if the residual/MF is the same for both the 3.0 TDI and 3.0T A6 prestige for 3yr/45K. I've seen 49% to 51% in the previous posts and want to be certain for my negotiations. Thank you again.

@kate_spayed said: Wanted to know what you though of this deal...

A6 2.0 quattro premium Moonlight blue Cold weather Nav MMI plus Side Assist

msrp 50045 cap cost 45761 residual 28025 MF 0.00072 tax 6.0% in MI 36 months, 12k

578/month

due at signing: first month plus 695 acquisition plus 200 "doc" fee

Are the MF and residuals accurate? Last month the MF was 0.00102, why such a change? thanks

The base MF is .00052.. the residual is correct at 56%. The money factor hasn't changed from last month.. Maybe, your dealer just decided to take less of a markup, this month?

@idr2020 said: Hi kyfdx@Edmunds, you are a wealth of information, thank you. Please clarify if the residual/MF is the same for both the 3.0 TDI and 3.0T A6 prestige for 3yr/45K. I've seen 49% to 51% in the previous posts and want to be certain for my negotiations. Thank you again.

3.0 Prestige = 49%

TDI Premium Plus = 53%

TDI Prestige = 50%

Just wanted to post and say many thanks to @kyfdx@Edmunds ...ended up buying the car at the numbers posted above.

You are very welcome.. Enjoy the new car!!