Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• jdb123jdb123 Posts: 3

kyfdx@Edmunds and others on this board - thank-you. You've been very helpful in the car selection process.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an A6 3.0 TFSI Premium Plus, Oolong Gray, Nougat Brown interior, with side assist ($600 package).

Dealer's quoting me MF of .00065 and residual of 55% for 36 months at 12K/yr. Would you mind confirming if that all matches the current program? Also, if I get AudiCare, does the residual go up to 56%?

All of that aside, it seems I'll need to order the car, and the dealer is saying that I can't lock in the MF / Residual, and that I just have to take what's available when it's delivered in a couple of months. Is that standard procedure? Seems odd to me to commit to buying a car, but not to know what the cost will be.

Thanks for your help!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,885

@jdb123 said: kyfdx@Edmunds and others on this board - thank-you. You've been very helpful in the car selection process.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an A6 3.0 TFSI Premium Plus, Oolong Gray, Nougat Brown interior, with side assist ($600 package).

Dealer's quoting me MF of .00065 and residual of 55% for 36 months at 12K/yr. Would you mind confirming if that all matches the current program? Also, if I get AudiCare, does the residual go up to 56%?

All of that aside, it seems I'll need to order the car, and the dealer is saying that I can't lock in the MF / Residual, and that I just have to take what's available when it's delivered in a couple of months. Is that standard procedure? Seems odd to me to commit to buying a car, but not to know what the cost will be.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, those numbers are all correct. I think not being able to lock the lease program is odd, as well, but that might be an Audi thing. If you order, make sure your deposit is refundable, if the program is worse, and also get the dealer to commit in writing that you'll get the base money factor with no markups, if the new program changes. You wouldn't want the new program to be better, and then have the dealer markup the money factors to match the old program. (in other words, to his benefit, not yours).

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• gltrans1gltrans1 Posts: 4

I will be leasing a 2014 A6 2.0 Premium Plus , 36 mo.s, 12K miles p/year this month in New Jersey. What is the MF and residual with Audicare? This will be my 3rd A6. Is the residual still higher on the premium plus over the prestige?

@gltrans1 said: I will be leasing a 2014 A6 2.0 Premium Plus , 36 mo.s, 12K miles p/year this month in New Jersey. What is the MF and residual with Audicare? This will be my 3rd A6. Is the residual still higher on the premium plus over the prestige?

Quattro? .00052 MF and 56% residual.

I don't think they offer a Prestige trim in the 2.0 model, but in the other models, yes.. Prestige trim has a lower residual.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said: Yes, those numbers are all correct. I think not being able to lock the lease program is odd, as well, but that might be an Audi thing. If you order, make sure your deposit is refundable, if the program is worse, and also get the dealer to commit in writing that you'll get the base money factor with no markups, if the new program changes. You wouldn't want the new program to be better, and then have the dealer markup the money factors to match the old program. (in other words, to his benefit, not yours).

Thanks, kyfdx. Very much appreciated.

I'm still finding the lack of ability to lock the program in odd - anyone else have experience with this? Or have you been able to lock programs in?

• kapilvillekapilville Posts: 9

@jdb123 said: I'm still finding the lack of ability to lock the program in odd - anyone else have experience with this? Or have you been able to lock programs in?

When I was shopping, and trying to decide between ordering or picking from dealer inventory, the dealer did say that I wouldn't be able to lock in the program/incentives if I were to order and would have to settle for whatever offer was in effect at time of delivery. Not sure if that was the truth or just their attempt to get me to buy now and take an inventory car off their hands...but at least the story I was given matches yours.

• bdhsailorbdhsailor Posts: 24

Audi seems to have a deal on A6 leases this month. Remember, you get bombarded with a bunch of numbers that can be challenging to juggle. But there are really only 2 important numbers in the end: 1)How much you have to pay to drive away and 2) your monthly payment. I always ask for a monthly payment with 0$ to drive away so that I can compare the real costs of the cars within and between dealerships. All the rest of the numbers really do not mean anything and simply add to the confusion. My dealer is offering me a 0$ drive off 15K/year for 36 months on an A6 3.0 with Bose etc for $690/mo.

• batboy1batboy1 Posts: 4

Can you advise as to MF/residual for 2014 A6 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus 12k/42 mo (and 36).

Also, MSD question: I understand that each MSD is the monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50, but is this before or after factoring in tax? i.e. if my payment is $560 before tax and $610 after tax (PA 9%). What is each MSD?

@batboy1 said: Can you advise as to MF/residual for 2014 A6 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus 12k/42 mo (and 36).

Also, MSD question: I understand that each MSD is the monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50, but is this before or after factoring in tax? i.e. if my payment is $560 before tax and $610 after tax (PA 9%). What is each MSD?

.00072 MF and 52% residual for 42mo, 12K/yr.

.00052 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.

I believe Audi rounds up to the next $25 increment, so each deposit would be $625. It's the amount you write the check for... rounded up.

• Smartinez24Smartinez24 bronx, NYPosts: 18

kyfdx@edmunds may i have the RV and MF for a 14 A6 3.0t (premium plus), tdi (premium plus) and 2.0t (premium plus). for 36 month at both 12k and 10k miles. i would lreally appreciate the input.

@Smartinez24 said: kyfdx@edmunds may i have the RV and MF for a 14 A6 3.0t (premium plus), tdi (premium plus) and 2.0t (premium plus). for 36 month at both 12k and 10k miles. i would lreally appreciate the input.

3.0T = .00065 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.
    2.0T = .00052 MF and 56% residual..
    TDI = .00055 MF and 55% residual.

Add 1% to all residuals for 10K/yr.

• Hi Kyfdx,

I'm going to be leasing an A6 Prestige or maybe S6 sometime between now and July/August. Do you have any sense about when I might see the best lease rates from Audi? I tend to think the wouldn't get any worse in July/August than they are now and might even be better than they are at this time of the year. What have you seen over the years? Also, does Audi typically use the same MF and Residual for the A6 Prestige and the S6?

Many thanks in advance,

Silent Drone

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,536

@silent_drone said: Hi Kyfdx,

I'm going to be leasing an A6 Prestige or maybe S6 sometime between now and July/August. Do you have any sense about when I might see the best lease rates from Audi? I tend to think the wouldn't get any worse in July/August than they are now and might even be better than they are at this time of the year. What have you seen over the years? Also, does Audi typically use the same MF and Residual for the A6 Prestige and the S6?

Many thanks in advance,

Silent Drone

I will let my co-host weigh in on this as well, but in general the residual value percentages decrease during the model year. But, that could be negated by a better money factor and ability to negotiate a lower selling price.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

edited March 22

Really... that's just a guessing game.. Lease programs aren't like mortgage rates, where every program follows the same trajectory. Car companies can use their lease program as a marketing tool, or as a way to incentivize purchases that won't hurt the bottom line until the lease ends..

My magic 8-ball says: Cannot predict now

• @Michaell@Edmunds said: I will let my co-host weigh in on this as well, but in general the residual value percentages decrease during the model year. But, that could be negated by a better money factor and ability to negotiate a lower selling price.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said: My magic 8-ball says: Cannot predict now

Thanks for the input. More than timing, I suppose the way to get the best deal is to 1) negotiate the lowest cap cost possible and 2) make sure the dealer is giving me the AFS rates and not something higher.

So, do you mind telling me what is the current MF and Residual for a 36 month lease on the A6 3.0T Prestige and S6 at 10k, 12k and 15k?

Many thanks!

Silent Drone

@silent_drone said: Silent Drone

That is correct... Negotiate the lowest price possible and make sure they aren't marking up the rates. Adding AudiCare adds a little to the lease price, but will probably save you money over the life of the lease.

A6 Prestige: .00065 MF and 49% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr
    S6 : .00144 MF and 49% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Add 2% for 12K/yr, 3% for 10K/yr

• @kyfdx@Edmunds said: That is correct...

Thanks! I'll let you know what I do.

@kapilville said: When I was shopping, and trying to decide between ordering or picking from dealer inventory, the dealer did say that I wouldn't be able to lock in the program/incentives if I were to order and would have to settle for whatever offer was in effect at time of delivery. Not sure if that was the truth or just their attempt to get me to buy now and take an inventory car off their hands...but at least the story I was given matches yours.

@kapilville, thanks for another confirmation of this practice. Still seems strange to me, but I've placed my order and put down a (refundable) deposit. If the deal's out of line when the car shows up, I'll switch to another option.

• peeeejpeeeej Posts: 4

Hi Kyfdx. I've been following the forum and found my self at the dealer today talking numbers. Could you supply the MF and Residual for a 2014 A6 TDI Quattro Prestige for 36 mo. with 15K per year. Will Audi Care add a point to the residual? Thanks in advance!

@peeeej said: Hi Kyfdx. I've been following the forum and found my self at the dealer today talking numbers. Could you supply the MF and Residual for a 2014 A6 TDI Quattro Prestige for 36 mo. with 15K per year. Will Audi Care add a point to the residual? Thanks in advance!

.00055 and 53%

Yes, adding AudiCare will add 1 point to the residual.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Thanks Michaell! I appreciate your quick reply.

First, to clarify with AudiCare residual will be 54%?

If leased through an Audi dealer would the residual percentages be fixed by Audi Financial? The dealer is quoting 50% "without" AudiCare. Backing into the MF on a lease spreadsheet I put together shows they are quoting a .0010 MF. Thanks again!

Hi, I am wondering if the TDI Prestige 15K 36mo residual quoted above is current. Could you please confirm. Dealer thinks the rate may be for a A6 Premium Plus TDI. Thanks!

• gltrans1gltrans1 Posts: 4

Thanks for the MF and residual. It helped me get the following deal. 2014 A6 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus with Bose sound, Four zone climate control, audi side assist, Cold weather package. MSRP $52,495.00. $597.00 per month (including NJ sales tax) for 36 mo.s, 12K miles p/year with Audi Care. $686.30 due at signing and they made the last 2 lease payments on my 2011 A6 and threw in the winter mats. $1500.00 loyalty and $500.00 Audi promotion cash applied.

@peeeej said: Thanks Michaell! I appreciate your quick reply.

First, to clarify with AudiCare residual will be 54%?

If leased through an Audi dealer would the residual percentages be fixed by Audi Financial? The dealer is quoting 50% "without" AudiCare. Backing into the MF on a lease spreadsheet I put together shows they are quoting a .0010 MF. Thanks again!

Yes, 54% with Audi Care. Residual values are set by the finance institution underwriting the lease and cannot be modified by the dealer.

MF for both A6 TDI Premium Plus and Prestige are .00055, but there is a 3 point difference in residual, in favor of the Premium Plus - oops, I just noticed that you are right. 53% for Premium Plus, 50% for Prestige (+1% for AudiCare).

No worries! Thanks for confirming. Was hoping for the 54% though. ha... :smiley:

@peeeej said: No worries! Thanks for confirming. Was hoping for the 54% though. ha... :smiley:

Yep, that would make a pretty significant difference in your payment. Not sure why Audi values the Prestige lower than the Premium Plus.

But, I've never shopped Audi's....

• smjbhsmjbh Posts: 3

Can you tell me what the MF and residual would be for a 2014 A6 2.0T for 42 months 12k miles per year. Would audi care add a point to the residual for this as well? Thanks.

@smjbh said: Can you tell me what the MF and residual would be for a 2014 A6 2.0T for 42 months 12k miles per year. Would audi care add a point to the residual for this as well? Thanks.

FWD or Quattro?

• smjbhsmjbh Posts: 3

@michaell Sorry about that. I'm looking at the FWD. Thanks. Dealer is running a special for $489/month with 0 down on a 42 month lease with 10k/year. I'm trying to work my way backwards to see what money rate he is charging. The MSRP of the car is $48,525 (2014 A6 2.0T FWD). Supposedly including a Audi loyalty rebate as the only cap cost reduction.

@smjbh said: michaell Sorry about that. I'm looking at the FWD. Thanks. Dealer is running a special for $489/month with 0 down on a 42 month lease with 10k/year. I'm trying to work my way backwards to see what money rate he is charging. The MSRP of the car is $48,525 (2014 A6 2.0T FWD). Supposedly including a Audi loyalty rebate as the only cap cost reduction.

MF .00054 and residual 51%