Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 BMW X3 Lease Questions

17891113

Comments

  • victor61victor61 Posts: 9

    Can you comment/suggest on the following lease deal. Car is a BMF "program" and has 6k mile on it. MSRP: 50,000 Sale: 45,000. MF .00071 with 7 MSD. Local tax: 10% Down 1800 (including first month lease). Last offer is 500/month (including tax).

  • victor61victor61 Posts: 9

    it's a X3 and residual 57%

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,252

    @victor61 said: it's a X3 and residual 57%

    Plugging in all your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $510.52. I think the reduced MF after MSDs is .00081, however (base MF is .00130).

    There is an adjustment for the 6K miles, both in terms of the selling price as well as the residual.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • zdrivezdrive Posts: 1

    Hi. Hoping someone can advise if there is room to negotiate on this deal from a NJ dealership:

    USED 2014 3Series Wagon. MSRP 52,216, sale price of 44,646

    or lease for $399 a month / with $2995 down; Cash Signing: $4,269 (*All Taxes, License, MV Fees NOT included.) Don't know what was factored into these #'s since it not

    The offer is for only 10K miles /year for 36 months. I need at least 15K miles.

    NJ state tax of 7% Don't know the Money Factor.

    Not sure if it's best to lease or buy ...since it is a Used car. Want to get a really good deal...keep payment low but also get the miles up.

    Any guidance is appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!!!

  • jdmassjdmass Posts: 12
    edited July 20

    A few leasing questions: 1. Can you confirm the July lease numbers on a 2015 X3 x28d? (Are they .00133 MF and 56% residual?) 2. Is the MF rate based on best credit score, or is it possible to get it reduced with excellent credit? 3. Are there any BMW loyalty incentives available at all?

    Thanks very much.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,252

    @jdmass said: A few leasing questions: 1. Can you confirm the July lease numbers on a 2015 X3 x28d? (Are they .00133 MF and 56% residual?)

    .00130 and 56% for 36mo and 10K miles per year

    1. Is the MF rate based on best credit score, or is it possible to get it reduced with excellent credit?

    The base MF that we quote is based on top tier credit; the only way to reduce it is through the use of multiple security deposits.

    1. Are there any BMW loyalty incentives available at all?

    Check the pricing tools at the top of the page for current incentives.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • bender63bender63 Posts: 3
    edited July 23

    Hi, what are the current lease numbers for a new 2015 x3 xdrive 2.8 for 15k miles/year and 36 months in NJ?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,252

    @bender63 said: Hi, what are the current lease numbers for a new 2015 x3 xdrive 2.8 for 15k miles/year and 36 months in NJ?

    .00130 and 53%

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • ltyentaltyenta Posts: 20

    Looking for July lease rates and dealer incentives for both 2014 & 2015 X3 35 xdrive 10k 36 mo. Thanks!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,476

    @ltyenta said: Looking for July lease rates and dealer incentives for both 2014 & 2015 X3 35 xdrive 10k 36 mo. Thanks!

    .00120 MF and 54% residual for the 2014

    .00130 MF and 53% residual for the 2015

    I think the 2014 models have $2000 of dealer cash on them.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • riley76riley76 Posts: 7

    Hi, are the numbers any different for the xDrive28i? Looking for the same info - rates and incentives for both 2014 and 2015 X3 xDrive 28i 10k 36mo. Thanks!

  • riley76riley76 Posts: 7

    While I'm at it, could I please have the numbers and incentives if any for the 2015 sDrive28i 10k 36mo? Thanks!

  • ltyentaltyenta Posts: 20

    Thank you kyfdx...Any idea if the rates are better for a lessor term? If there is $2k dealer cash would there be any loyalty credit in addition? What about the 1k credit for college grads?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,252

    @riley76 said: Hi, are the numbers any different for the xDrive28i? Looking for the same info - rates and incentives for both 2014 and 2015 X3 xDrive 28i 10k 36mo. Thanks!

    2014 - .00120 and 57%

    2015 - .00130 and 56%

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,252

    @riley76 said: While I'm at it, could I please have the numbers and incentives if any for the 2015 sDrive28i 10k 36mo? Thanks!

    .00130 and 57%

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • ltyentaltyenta Posts: 20

    Are the lease rates better on the 2014 and 2015 x3 xdrive 35 for the shorter terms like the x4?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,252

    @ltyenta said: Are the lease rates better on the 2014 and 2015 x3 xdrive 35 for the shorter terms like the x4?

    The residuals are higher for 24 and 30 month leases for all BMWs.... 64% and 60% for the 2015 X3 xdrive 35; 63% and 60% for the 2014.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • ltyentaltyenta Posts: 20

    @Michaell said: The residuals are higher for 24 and 30 month leases for all BMWs.... 64% and 60% for the 2015 X3 xdrive 35; 63% and 60% for the 2014

    I am guessing the shorter term doesn't change the MF.

  • riley76riley76 Posts: 7

    Thanks! Any confirmation on if they're offering any incentives this month for any X3 models, 2014 or 2015?

  • ltyentaltyenta Posts: 20

    @riley76 said: Thanks! Any confirmation on if they're offering any incentives this month for any X3 models, 2014 or 2015?

    I was told they are offering good deals on the 2014's. I'd imagine they will get better or rather what the dealers are willing to take off the Msrp as it nears the end of the year but then the inventory will be more scarce.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,252

    @ltyenta said: I am guessing the shorter term doesn't change the MF.

    Correct.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • riley76riley76 Posts: 7
    Leased a 2014 X3 28i yesterday! Our lease deal:
    MSRP 45925
    Sell price 38425 (7500 discount)
    10k, 36mo
    MF .00013
    $0 down
    @$19xx total drive off (925 acq, 80 doc, 1st month's payment, @$3xx registration, tax on acq/doc fee)
    $424/mo before tax

    Thanks to the great info learned in this thread, I felt really well prepared for negotiations. I know I could have gotten the acq fee down to 725. I tried but not that hard. I also insisted the MF should be .0012 on the 2014 28i but dealer insisted base rate was .0013. They were initially at .0017 and we had to work pretty hard to get them down to .0013. We used 7 MSD's ($3150) to get the rate down to .0071 which lowered our payment to $392/mo before tax.

    I wasn't expecting a tax on the acq and doc fee. Is that an official tax or dealer padding?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,476

    Acquisition and document fees are taxed in most states. If they were tax free, the car would be $5000 and the acquisition fee would be $35,000.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • ejzinnejzinn Posts: 12

    Less that a year ago I leased ( In NJ) an X3 x35i for tags and title down and $599/ month for 36 months with 12000miles. Now I am trying to get a 2014 or 2015 X3 x128i and am being quoted the same lease terms - for the identical packages (premium , driver assistance, and heated seats). The x35 list price is about $5k more than the x28. Has the residual decreased so much in the past 9 months, or lease cost increased so much? Any suggestions where to get a deal that makes sense?

  • ltyentaltyenta Posts: 20

    @ejzinn said: Less that a year ago I leased ( In NJ) an X3 x35i for tags and title down and $599/ month for 36 months with 12000miles. Now I am trying to get a 2014 or 2015 X3 x128i and am being quoted the same lease terms - for the identical packages (premium , driver assistance, and heated seats). The x35 list price is about $5k more than the x28. Has the residual decreased so much in the past 9 months, or lease cost increased so much? Any suggestions where to get a deal that makes sense?

    I am not sure where you are in NJ but I live in PA and have leased 4 BMW's through Thompson BMW. I was undecided between the X4, 2014 and 2015 x3 and purchasing my current lease 2012 x3 that is up in October. All 35i's. The best deals are being offered on the 2014 models. Here is my deal... 2014 x3 10 k miles for 36 months...residual 57%... I used the MSD to get the rate to .00081 Msrp $54475...invoice 49,720 payment $648 includes tax...philly tax is 11%... Car has premium, driver, assistance, technology with heads up display, and cold weather package. Despite I didn't get the sport package like my 2012 my vehicle Msrp was about 1k more for this car. Hope this helps.

  • ellisina4ellisina4 Posts: 27
    Apologies for cross shopping between models, trying to have my wife pick one. Can you please get me MF and residual for 2015 X3 3.5xDrive, 10k miles/year, 36 month lease. Porsche Macan is out of the question as dealers are not discounting them at all.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,252

    @ellisina4 said: Apologies for cross shopping between models, trying to have my wife pick one. Can you please get me MF and residual for 2015 X3 3.5xDrive, 10k miles/year, 36 month lease. Porsche Macan is out of the question as dealers are not discounting them at all.

    .00130 and 56%.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • ltyentaltyenta Posts: 20

    @ellisina4 said: Apologies for cross shopping between models, trying to have my wife pick one. Can you please get me MF and residual for 2015 X3 3.5xDrive, 10k miles/year, 36 month lease. Porsche Macan is out of the question as dealers are not discounting them at all.

    If you can talk your wife into something from inventory on a 2014 they are willing to come off the price more.....I bought mine in July MF was the same but the residual was 57% I guess it went up a point for August

  • daveicdaveic Posts: 2

    I was hoping to learn the August numbers for MF and residual for a 2015 X3 xdrive 28i with 15K miles/yr. Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,252

    @daveic said: I was hoping to learn the August numbers for MF and residual for a 2015 X3 xdrive 28i with 15K miles/yr. Thanks!

    You didn't specify lease term, so I'll assume 36 months.

    .00130 and 53%.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Sign In or Register to comment.