Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 BMW X3 Lease Questions

189101113

Comments

  • murphydogmurphydog Posts: 516

    All

    Does BMW do a big winter promotion like Lexus/MB and others? If so are they aggressive on lease rates and what not? Just curious?

  • imjuspiayinimjuspiayin Posts: 5
    edited September 2

    Hello,

    I am looking to lease a 2015 x3 2.8i xDrive and am looking for some guidance. This will be my 7th or 8th BMW but the first time I am actually trying to get the best deal possible. Please let me know what you guys think of the following deal and suggestions on how I could do better:

    36 Months/10,000 Miles MSRP: $50,925.00 Selling Price: $47, 549.00 Residual: 56% MF: .0013 NJ Sales Tax (7%): $1771.32 Registration & Doc Fee: $782.73 Bank Fee: $925.00 Tire Tax: $6.00

    Total Due at Signing (Tax, Reg/Doc Fee, Bank Fee, 1st Month): $4,110.00 Monthly Payment: $624.95

    I don't think this is a great deal at all but I may be wrong. The selling price is $1,219 over invoice. I believe there is a loyalty incentive as well for leasing another BMW since I am ending another lease from the same dealership? Does anybody know if there are any other incentives currently on the 2015 x3? Any help would be greatly appreciated... thank you so much!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103

    @imjuspiayin said: Hello,

    I am looking to lease a 2015 x3 2.8i xDrive and am looking for some guidance. This will be my 7th or 8th BMW but the first time I am actually trying to get the best deal possible. Please let me know what you guys think of the following deal and suggestions on how I could do better:

    36 Months/10,000 Miles MSRP: $50,925.00 Selling Price: $47, 549.00 Residual: 56% MF: .0013 NJ Sales Tax (7%): $1771.32 Registration & Doc Fee: $782.73 Bank Fee: $925.00 Tire Tax: $6.00

    Total Due at Signing (Tax, Reg/Doc Fee, Bank Fee, 1st Month): $4,110.00 Monthly Payment: $624.95

    I don't think this is a great deal at all but I may be wrong. The selling price is $1,219 over invoice. I believe there is a loyalty incentive as well for leasing another BMW since I am ending another lease from the same dealership? Does anybody know if there are any other incentives currently on the 2015 x3? Any help would be greatly appreciated... thank you so much!

    For September, the MF is .00129 and the residual is still 56%. The bank fee is marked up from the $725 base amount. I don't think there are any incentives, though they should waive your disposition fee from your returning lease.

    The price is 6-7% off, which is decent.. The X3 doesn't have a really great lease program, so it's not going to be cheap, no matter what. You might be able to knock another $500-$750 off the deal. I would roll most of those upfront costs into the lease... At least everything but the 1st payment and registration. The calculated payment is right on the money... Not cheap.. If you can knock $750 off your total cost, that would lower the payment by about $22/mo.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Can I get the September numbers please on:

    2014 X3 xDrive 28i
    2014 X3 xDrive 35i

    2015 X3 xDrive 28i.

    3 years / 15K Miles per year.

    Thanks, in advance.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,087

    @Patelshivam94 said: Can I get the September numbers please on:
    2014 X3 xDrive 28i and 2014 X3 xDrive 35i

    I don't have any numbers on the 2014 X3 for September - must be sold out


    2015 X3 xDrive 28i.

    .00129 and 54%


    3 years / 15K Miles per year.
    Thanks, in advance.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • What about used 2014's and Executive Demo's?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103

    @Patelshivam94 said: What about used 2014's and Executive Demo's?

    It doesn't look like they are leasing the 2014 X3 any more. All incentives were converted to dealer cash, and they are eligible for 1.9% financing.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • orangeman99orangeman99 Posts: 37
    edited September 16
    Hi all,
    I have had 5 leases in the past (2 Jeeps, and 3 Toyotas), and I'm looking to upgrade to something better. I just started looking at the X3.

    What can I expect to pay (lease) for a 2015 X3 xDrive 28i, with technology pkg, drive assistance pkg, and driver assistance plus. MSRP 47,350 (Invoice 43,580).

    I'm looking for 3 year lease (10k per year), with only first month and DMV fees down.

    Is $650 possible?

    Thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,087

    Hi all,
    I have had 5 leases in the past (2 Jeeps, and 3 Toyotas), and I'm looking to upgrade to something better. I just started looking at the X3.

    What can I expect to pay (lease) for a 2015 X3 xDrive 28i, with technology pkg, drive assistance pkg, and driver assistance plus. MSRP 47,350 (Invoice 43,580).

    I'm looking for 3 year lease (10k per year), with only first month and DMV fees down.

    Is $650 possible?

    Thanks.

    MF is .00129 and the 36/10 residual is 57%. If you can get the selling price down to invoice, your pre-tax payment works out to $551.88/mo for 36 months.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • Thanks for the info.
  • jubessjubess Posts: 14
    Hello

    Please tell me if this is a good lease on a new X35i in California. Thanks

    Cash Due 36 months 12K Miles

    $1,256 $649
    $2,995 $596
    $5,000 $535


    Miles: 5
    PURCHASE OPTION
    Kelley Blue Book Retail Value: $51,575.00
    AutoNation Savings: - $6,575.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $45,000.00

    Sales Tax (estimate): + $3,608.73
    Weight Fee: + $80.00
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $378.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $7.00
    Electronic Filing: + $29.00
    Smog Abatement Fee: + $20.00
    Documentation Fee: + $80.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $7.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $49,209.73


  • jubessjubess Posts: 14
    This is a 2014.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    jubess said:

    Hello

    Please tell me if this is a good lease on a new X35i in California. Thanks

    Cash Due 36 months 12K Miles

    $1,256 $649
    $2,995 $596
    $5,000 $535


    Miles: 5
    PURCHASE OPTION
    Kelley Blue Book Retail Value: $51,575.00
    AutoNation Savings: - $6,575.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $45,000.00

    Sales Tax (estimate): + $3,608.73
    Weight Fee: + $80.00
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $378.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $7.00
    Electronic Filing: + $29.00
    Smog Abatement Fee: + $20.00
    Documentation Fee: + $80.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $7.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $49,209.73


    Let's just use the first quote, because we don't want to put any money down on a lease, and that $1256 is the 1st payment, plus the fees listed (not tax, though, that's included in the monthly payment).

    At an MSRP of $51,575 and a CAP cost of $45,725 (selling price + $725 acq.fee), .00129 money factor and 57% residual, the payment is $550/mo. plus tax. Assume 9% tax? That makes it $599/mo. vs. their $649/mo. quote.

    With that spread, they are most likely marking up the acquisition fee by $200 and the money factor by .0004. That would account for at least $40/mo. of the $50/mo. difference..

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • jubessjubess Posts: 14
    Thank you very much. I have one more lease quote for you to take a look at please:
    This lease was quoted for 10k miles. Can You also give me a 12K miles lease payment? Thanks.

    $1,303 Cash due and payment of $680

    Kelley Blue Book Retail Value: $54,025.00
    AutoNation Savings: - $6,575.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $47,450.00

    Sales Tax (estimate): + $3,804.73
    Weight Fee: + $80.00
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $394.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $7.00
    Electronic Filing: + $29.00
    Smog Abatement Fee: + $20.00
    Documentation Fee: + $80.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $7.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $51,871.73
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    edited September 23
    jubess said:

    Thank you very much. I have one more lease quote for you to take a look at please:
    This lease was quoted for 10k miles. Can You also give me a 12K miles lease payment? Thanks.

    $1,303 Cash due and payment of $680

    Kelley Blue Book Retail Value: $54,025.00
    AutoNation Savings: - $6,575.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $47,450.00

    Sales Tax (estimate): + $3,804.73
    Weight Fee: + $80.00
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $394.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $7.00
    Electronic Filing: + $29.00
    Smog Abatement Fee: + $20.00
    Documentation Fee: + $80.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $7.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $51,871.73

    Pretty much identical to the other quote... marking up the money factor and acquisition fee... About $40-$50 per month too high. 12K/yr will be about $15/mo. more..

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • bmwtlbmwtl Posts: 1
    May I ask how you got such a mega discount on 2015 model? What is automation savings?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    bmwtl said:

    May I ask how you got such a mega discount on 2015 model? What is automation savings?

    Autonation is the name of the chain of dealerships

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • jubessjubess Posts: 14
    Good negotiating skills plus USAA discount
  • Please provide the MF and residual for 2015 X3 35i, 36 months 12k and 15k/mo.
    Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103

    Please provide the MF and residual for 2015 X3 35i, 36 months 12k and 15k/mo.
    Thanks!


    .00129 MF and 56%/54% residual.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • jeeves647jeeves647 Posts: 2
    edited October 15
    Hi all,

    Would love your take on the below offer for leasing a 2015 X3 xDrive28i.

    Lease: 36 month / 12k miles
    MSRP: $50,625
    Selling Price: $48,000 (About $1K over invoice)
    Cash down: $5,091.50 ($3K that I can easily afford. The rest is taxes/registration fees. State is VA where tax rate is 4.05%)
    MF: 0.00129
    Residual: 56%
    Acq Fee: $750
    Govt Fee: $147.50
    Doc Fee: $300

    Monthly payment $605.60

    Dealer says cannot sell at invoice. But based on Truecar and previous comments here, it feels like selling at invoice can be negotiated. I am also not in a rush, so can wait till Nov/Dec if you think deals will get better.

    Any advice on the above quote and what I can do to bring the price to invoice and other things I can potentially get to a better outcome on?

    Thanks for your help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    jeeves647 said:

    Hi all,

    Would love your take on the below offer for leasing a 2015 X3 xDrive28i.

    Lease: 36 month / 12k miles
    MSRP: $50,625
    Selling Price: $48,000 (About $1K over invoice)
    Cash down: $5,091.50 ($3K that I can easily afford. The rest is taxes/registration fees. State is VA where tax rate is 4.05%)
    MF: 0.00129
    Residual: 56%
    Acq Fee: $750
    Govt Fee: $147.50
    Doc Fee: $300

    Monthly payment $605.60

    Dealer says cannot sell at invoice. But based on Truecar and previous comments here, it feels like selling at invoice can be negotiated. I am also not in a rush, so can wait till Nov/Dec if you think deals will get better.

    Any advice on the above quote and what I can do to bring the price to invoice and other things I can potentially get to a better outcome on?

    Thanks for your help!


    Invoice on a new 2015 X3 doesn't seem likely, without corresponding mark-ups in the money factor and acq.fee..

    If $3000 of the $5000 upfront is a CAP cost reduction, then I get a payment of $557/mo., using your MSRP and selling price.. unless I've misunderstood the breakdown of the $5091

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Can I get the October numbers please on 2014 X3 28i xDrive. 36 Months / 15K miles per year. 

    Thank You. 

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,087

    Can I get the October numbers please on 2014 X3 28i xDrive. 36 Months / 15K miles per year. 

    Thank You. 

    There is no data this month on the 2014 X3 ... only 2015 X3: .00129 and 54% for 36/15.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • kyfdx said:

    jeeves647 said:

    Hi all,

    Would love your take on the below offer for leasing a 2015 X3 xDrive28i.

    Lease: 36 month / 12k miles
    MSRP: $50,625
    Selling Price: $48,000 (About $1K over invoice)
    Cash down: $5,091.50 ($3K that I can easily afford. The rest is taxes/registration fees. State is VA where tax rate is 4.05%)
    MF: 0.00129
    Residual: 56%
    Acq Fee: $750
    Govt Fee: $147.50
    Doc Fee: $300

    Monthly payment $605.60

    Dealer says cannot sell at invoice. But based on Truecar and previous comments here, it feels like selling at invoice can be negotiated. I am also not in a rush, so can wait till Nov/Dec if you think deals will get better.

    Any advice on the above quote and what I can do to bring the price to invoice and other things I can potentially get to a better outcome on?

    Thanks for your help!


    Invoice on a new 2015 X3 doesn't seem likely, without corresponding mark-ups in the money factor and acq.fee..

    If $3000 of the $5000 upfront is a CAP cost reduction, then I get a payment of $557/mo., using your MSRP and selling price.. unless I've misunderstood the breakdown of the $5091

    Thank you for that! I was able to get the sell price lowered by another $500. I think that's a decent deal. Cannot wait for my new X3 to arrive!
  • quidagisquidagis Posts: 1
    Would love feedback on this deal...

    2015 X3 xDrive 28i
    Total MSRP: 58,025
    Selling price: 55,250
    (Dealer quotes that the mark-up is 6.5% invoice to MSRP and is supposedly charging me $700 over invoice)
    MF: 0.00159 ("we charge two basis points on cars that we have to order that are in limited supply")
    Documentation and Registration: $539
    Acquisition fee: $925
    Residual: 56% ($32,494)
    $856.16/month
    $1395.16 due at signing

    Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,087
    quidagis said:

    Would love feedback on this deal...

    2015 X3 xDrive 28i
    Total MSRP: 58,025
    Selling price: 55,250
    (Dealer quotes that the mark-up is 6.5% invoice to MSRP and is supposedly charging me $700 over invoice)
    MF: 0.00159 ("we charge two basis points on cars that we have to order that are in limited supply")
    Documentation and Registration: $539
    Acquisition fee: $925
    Residual: 56% ($32,494)
    $856.16/month
    $1395.16 due at signing

    Thanks!

    I get $771.62/mo pre-tax with your numbers.

    Let's review...


    MF is marked up - base is .00129

    Acq fee is marked up - base is $725

    About 5-6% discount from sticker (decent)

    36/12 residual for 2015 X3 is 56%

    You might want to reach out to a second dealer to see if they'll offer you the base MF - that alone will save you about $25/mo.

    Also check into using MSD to lower the MF.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • Okay so I am COMPLETELY new to this. I have leased cars before but never gotten a good deal...

    So

    I am looking at a 2015 X3 diesel with:

    - Drivers Assistance Plus
    - Cold Weather
    - ACC Stop and Go
    - Premium Package
    - Technology Package
    - Parking
    - Upgraded sound

    The total MSRP is $56,223

    The dealer is telling me my monthly lease payment is $738 and I think that is high but I didn't start negotiations at all yet. I don't have any idea what the MF is and I don't know the residual.

    Where do I start the negotiations with the dealer? Should I start working on the sales price? What's a fair number for the dealer and me on this car?

    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

    Thanks so much
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,087

    Okay so I am COMPLETELY new to this. I have leased cars before but never gotten a good deal...

    So

    I am looking at a 2015 X3 diesel with:

    - Drivers Assistance Plus
    - Cold Weather
    - ACC Stop and Go
    - Premium Package
    - Technology Package
    - Parking
    - Upgraded sound

    The total MSRP is $56,223

    The dealer is telling me my monthly lease payment is $738 and I think that is high but I didn't start negotiations at all yet. I don't have any idea what the MF is and I don't know the residual.

    Where do I start the negotiations with the dealer? Should I start working on the sales price? What's a fair number for the dealer and me on this car?

    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

    Thanks so much

    The MF for the X3 diesel is .00130 and the 36/15 residual is 54%.

    There are two variables in a lease - the MF (which can be inflated to .00170 by the dealer) and the selling price. You want to get the lowest price possible and ensure that the base MF of .00130 is being used.

    Also, what state is this? Tax obligations vary based on where you live and can dramatically affect the lease price.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • First off, thanks for your help!

    The state is PA, and here is what I got back from the dealer just now....

    ___________

    Sale Price $52,824.00. We discounted the X3 by 4% and there aren't any incentives right now.

    Residual is 57% ($31,364.25) on the 36 month lease

    MF is .00130, which is BMW's money factor for the month. We didn't bump it to make extra money.

    I redid the numbers using 7 multiple security deposits of $700 each plus the inception fees($4900 + $1941). That lowers the money factor from .00130 to .00050. 57% residual ($31,364.25) and we increased the discount to 5% for a sale price of $52,273.75, MSRP $55,025.00. In total, payment would be $684.90 with $6841.90 due at signing.
    _____________

    So this seems like a fairly good deal? Am I crazy? I do think the MSRP number is off so I am not sure the dealer and I are working off the exact same vehicle but I think we are in the ball park.

    Also, if I have the security deposit right, we would actually get the 7x $700 (or $4,900) back at the end of the lease as long as we take good care of the car right? That's my understanding but I wanted to make sure I had that right.

    What do you think of the above info? And thanks again for your help!

Sign In or Register to comment.