Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• u4yeahu4yeah Posts: 5
    Sorry negotiated price was $43650. $6500 off msrp.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103

Seems like a great discount, but that 32 month term is sort of weird. You can get a 57% residual for 36 months, and it seems that would give you a lower payment. Is the lease through BMWFS? Just a wild guess, but are you in NY, and using an independent bank?

With that discount, you should be able to get that payment for 36mo, 10K/yr with only around $3000 due at signing (including tax).

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I am in CA. I am on L1 visa and they cannot approve me for more than that. After running my credit and all they have come to $4500 due at signing with $541 per mo and for 30 months. (10K per year).

Should I take it or not?

And yes this is BMWFS.

@u4yeah said: I am in CA. I am on L1 visa and they cannot approve me for more than that. After running my credit and all they have come to $4500 due at signing with $541 per mo and for 30 months. (10K per year).

Should I take it or not?

Ah... a visa issue. Well, at least it makes sense, now. Still seem about $1500 too high.. Have you tried shopping this at another dealer? There should be plenty to choose from in CA.

Finding a car in the inventory which I like was a pain. I didn't want to go through the hassle again with another dealer so I took it. Plus the salesman looked like a good guy who gave all the offers without even asking. ($6500 off msrp). Got the car yesterday. Thanks for the information.

@u4yeah said: Finding a car in the inventory which I like was a pain. I didn't want to go through the hassle again with another dealer so I took it. Plus the salesman looked like a good guy who gave all the offers without even asking. ($6500 off msrp). Got the car yesterday. Thanks for the information.

Congrats on the new ride!

• wheelson8wheelson8 Posts: 11

Can I please have the money factor and residual for 2014 X3 28i for 36 months 10k? Also, discounts if any for March?

• gsb88gsb88 Posts: 6

Are the new numbers out for April regarding money factor, residual value and dealer incentives/holdbacks for a 2015 BMW X3? Thanks!

I'm reading posts with lease deals that have significant money down parameters. I was from the school that you never put any money down in a lease deal. Thoughts?

@wheelson8 said: Can I please have the money factor and residual for 2014 X3 28i for 36 months 10k? Also, discounts if any for March?

.00120 MF and 57% residual.. $2000 build-out cash

@gsb88 said: Are the new numbers out for April regarding money factor, residual value and dealer incentives/holdbacks for a 2015 BMW X3? Thanks!

Have not seen any numbers for the 2015 model X3s, yet.

@gsb88 said: I'm reading posts with lease deals that have significant money down parameters. I was from the school that you never put any money down in a lease deal. Thoughts?

I agree... Due at signing should be as close to the 1st payment amount as possible.

• stevenlee4stevenlee4 Posts: 3

Can anyone let me know if this is fair deal:

2014 X3 28i with MSRP of $48,775, 36 month lease, 10K miles per year

$1,265 total drive off and $498.60 per month (before tax)

Thanks.

@stevenlee4 said: Can anyone let me know if this is fair deal:

2014 X3 28i with MSRP of $48,775, 36 month lease, 10K miles per year

$1,265 total drive off and $498.60 per month (before tax)

Thanks.

Assuming base money factor of .00120 and 57% residual, the CAP cost would be approx. $42,700 to get that payment. Assuming your drive-off includes the acquisition fee, that results in a discount of $6075 from MSRP. Considering the $2000 incentive on this model, the $4075 discount is 8.35% of MSRP.. That seems very fair.. If the CAP cost includes the acquisition fee and the other $765 of drive off charges is for other taxes/fees, it's an even better deal.

Thanks! I believe the drive off included first month's payment, license/registration, and a very small amount of cap reduction. Would it be beneficial to try and move the acquisition fee into the driveoff? I think it was built into the cap cost.

Ignore that last question, I just reread your comment and I understand your meaning: the acq. fee as part of the cap cost actually equates to an even greater discount off MSRP. Thanks for your help on that. Lastly, do you see any benefit to waiting until the 2015s arrive, perhaps even greater build out cash or further buy down on the MF?

@stevenlee4 said: Ignore that last question, I just reread your comment and I understand your meaning: the acq. fee as part of the cap cost actually equates to an even greater discount off MSRP. Thanks for your help on that. Lastly, do you see any benefit to waiting until the 2015s arrive, perhaps even greater build out cash or further buy down on the MF?

I don't have a crystal ball... but, this is the best lease program they've had on the X3, since it was a new model in 2011. It's possible that it could get better, but not likely by much.

Cant you place an order to lease the 2015 x3 now? So, how could the numbers not be out yet?

@gsb88 said: Cant you place an order to lease the 2015 x3 now? So, how could the numbers not be out yet?

Plenty of people order new vehicles before the lease programs are available. It happens at almost every model year changeover. If 2015 models are due in dealerships in April, I would assume they will be in the programs that come out on April 1st.

We don't have real-time access to the lease programs, so if something has come out since March 1st, we probably wouldn't have it.

I've seen some references regarding MSD and had a couple of questions on them. I live in NY and I was told that MSD isn't legal in NY. Is this correct? NYC or whole NY? If so, can I lease in NJ and put MSD even if my billing addy and license is in NYC? What happens to the MSD I put down if car is totaled during lease term? Thanks for patience

@wheelson8 said: I've seen some references regarding MSD and had a couple of questions on them. I live in NY and I was told that MSD isn't legal in NY. Is this correct? NYC or whole NY? If so, can I lease in NJ and put MSD even if my billing addy and license is in NYC? What happens to the MSD I put down if car is totaled during lease term? Thanks for patience

The security deposit in NYS is restricted to $750. We have many anecdotal posts about NYS residents leasing in NJ, and using the MSD program. They all report that they still used NYS addresses, and were able to participate in the MSD program.

Everything points to your MSDs not being at risk, if you total the car... However, I've yet to hear of any actual cases from someone that has happened to. (the percentage of MSD users is small, as is the number of people that total their car). I've done MSDs on 3 vehicles and it's always worked as advertised..

Thanks for quick response! Am I calcing this properly: using the above example of X3 28i MSRP 48,775, Selling price of 42,700, 57% residual, .0012MF rate, 3y/10k with a monthly pretax pmt of $498..using 7 MSD brings mf rate to .00071 and a new monthly pmt of $463 for a savings of $34/month and $1,224 net? Each security deposit is $750? So upfront payment of $5,250 for MSD at signing?

@wheelson8 said: Thanks for quick response! Am I calcing this properly: using the above example of X3 28i MSRP 48,775, Selling price of 42,700, 57% residual, .0012MF rate, 3y/10k with a monthly pretax pmt of $498..using 7 MSD brings mf rate to .00071 and a new monthly pmt of $463 for a savings of $34/month and $1,224 net? Each security deposit is $750? So upfront payment of $5,250 for MSD at signing?

All correct, except each security deposit is the monthly payment rounded up to the next $50 increment.. so, if the full payment is between $450-$500, then each security deposit will be $500, for a total of $3500.

• smbasssmbass Posts: 6

still looking for current residuals and money factor for a 2015 X3 xDrive 35i.
    current quote is MSRP 52175 Discount Price 48940 rate .00153 residual .56 3 yr/ 30000 mile Acq fee- 775 taxes 2948 govt fees 351 doc fee 200 monthly payment 0 money down no cost cap - 793 (note: taxes in a maryland lease are based at 6% of the sales price. What a rip but that's how its done.)

How do these numbers look?

@smbass said: still looking for current residuals and money factor for a 2015 X3 xDrive 35i.
    current quote is MSRP 52175 Discount Price 48940 rate .00153 residual .56 3 yr/ 30000 mile Acq fee- 775 taxes 2948 govt fees 351 doc fee 200 monthly payment 0 money down no cost cap - 793 (note: taxes in a maryland lease are based at 6% of the sales price. What a rip but that's how its done.)

How do these numbers look?

.00133 MF and 56% residual. Money factor is marked up, as well as the acquisition fee.

• ankurgankurg Posts: 22
    edited April 11

Carman - Can you please provide the MF and Residual on 2014 x28i for X3 in NJ. Looking for 30 or 36 months? also besides the $2000 build out cash, are there any other discounts available for current BMW owners? My lease is coming to an end in 5 months on a 3 series. - Thanks Ankur

@ankurg said: Carman - Can you please provide the MF and Residual on 2014 x28i for X3 in NJ. Looking for 30 or 36 months? also besides the $2000 build out cash, are there any other discounts available for current BMW owners? My lease is coming to an end in 5 months on a 3 series. - Thanks Ankur

.00120 MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $2000 build out cash. No other incentives, but there is a pull-ahead program for leases expiring in the 3rd quarter. Up to 6 payments forgiven.

• ankurgankurg Posts: 22

How about a 30 month lease? is residual and MF better for 30 month than 36 month please? My current lease ends in Sep 2014. How does the pull ahead program work? How can we get all the 6 payments waived? Please help. Thanks Ankur

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,087

@ankurg said: How about a 30 month lease? is residual and MF better for 30 month than 36 month please? My current lease ends in Sep 2014. How does the pull ahead program work? How can we get all the 6 payments waived? Please help. Thanks Ankur

MF stays the same for 30 months, but the residual increases to 57%.

The pull ahead program allows your BMW dealer to waive up to 6 payments on an existing lease that expires between July and December 2014 if you buy or lease another BMW.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews