Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 BMW X3 Lease Questions

15681011

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @rockville2 said: yes, AWD. Does BMW offer 30 month lease? If so, RV for this? Thank so much!

    30 month residuals are 4% higher than the 36 month residuals, on this model.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • okie33okie33 Posts: 14

    Sorry to ask again but I am hoping to finalize a deal today on the x3. The dealer responded with the numbers below, do they make sense? Is the $4320 due at signing to much in your opinion?

  • okie33okie33 Posts: 14
    36mo. 15k/yr 54% $27,014 Residual

    $50,025 msrp $44,850 sale price $2,000 down cap cost $42,850

    $544 / mo. – with your total due at signing being $4,320

    Which includes $2,000 down, $544 pmt, $199 proc fee, and $1,577 tag and tax

    This is literally buying the car with the dealer making nothing on the sale or the lease rate – so a great deal for you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    You don't really have to put the $2000 down.. you can roll that into the CAP cost. It will add about $58/mo to the lease payment. Also, your actual CAP cost is $725 higher, to account for the acquisition fee.

    The numbers work out, with the base rate.. It's a good deal, given the lease program.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • okie33okie33 Posts: 14
    Thank you for the advice. This has been a huge help in making my decision. I will definitely use this site before leasing in the future.
  • captnredcaptnred Posts: 1

    It looks like some of the sales are going for less than invoice - Are there any Factory to Dealer incentives that are in play?? I'm trying to buy an X3 at 500025 MSRP and the dealer will credit the current buildout of $2,000 plus another $2,000 and is insisting that he absolutely can't go below invoice.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @captnred said: It looks like some of the sales are going for less than invoice - Are there any Factory to Dealer incentives that are in play?? I'm trying to buy an X3 at 500025 MSRP and the dealer will credit the current buildout of $2,000 plus another $2,000 and is insisting that he absolutely can't go below invoice.

    Invoice minus the $2000 should be about the bottom dollar deal.. If that dealer only wants to discount by $2000, then find another dealer.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • driversedgedriversedge Posts: 26

    For what it's worth, I've come across several dealers discounting 2014 X3s anywhere from $5000 to $7500 off of MSRP.

  • fllcfllc Posts: 17

    I am looking to lease a 2015 X3 s drive in the next few months. I am located in Florida. Can you help me with how to negotiate the best lease deal possible. The msrp with the options that I want (Xline, Prem, Driver Assist, Nav) is $47,645.00, with an Edmunds invoice of $43,850.00. If someone could walk me through the details of an offer, I would greatly appreciate it. I get a little confused when dealing with sales price versus cap cost. Thanks and let me know should you need additional information.

    This is my 4th BMW, so I should have some kind of loyalty?!?!

    My salesperson is also trying to sell me on the lighting package and upgraded sound. Are these things necessary?

  • chicago2003chicago2003 Posts: 2

    Similar question to the above. I live in Chicago. I received the following information on 2015 X3: MSRP: $49,125 Sale Price: $47,160 Residual: 56% Financing: 3.25% 36 month payment at 10k/year: $828.21

    Seems higher than what others have discussed. If anyone has any insight it would be appreciated. Thank you!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @chicago2003 said: Similar question to the above. I live in Chicago. I received the following information on 2015 X3: MSRP: $49,125 Sale Price: $47,160 Residual: 56% Financing: 3.25% 36 month payment at 10k/year: $828.21

    Seems higher than what others have discussed. If anyone has any insight it would be appreciated. Thank you!

    3.25%? Is it a balloon note?

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @fllc said: I am looking to lease a 2015 X3 s drive in the next few months. I am located in Florida. Can you help me with how to negotiate the best lease deal possible. The msrp with the options that I want (Xline, Prem, Driver Assist, Nav) is $47,645.00, with an Edmunds invoice of $43,850.00. If someone could walk me through the details of an offer, I would greatly appreciate it. I get a little confused when dealing with sales price versus cap cost. Thanks and let me know should you need additional information.

    This is my 4th BMW, so I should have some kind of loyalty?!?!

    My salesperson is also trying to sell me on the lighting package and upgraded sound. Are these things necessary?

    $47,645 MSRP
    $45,000 Selling price (just a guess)
    $45,725 CAP cost (selling price + $725 acq.fee)
    .00133 MF
    54% residual (36mo, 15K/yr.)
    $650/mo.+tax ($689/mo. with 6% tax)
    Due at signing = 1st payment, title/license fees.

    Beware of massive doc fees at Florida dealers... Deduct whatever the doc fee is from your offer, before you make it..

    Lighting package and upgraded sound? You are leasing the car... don't pay for anything you don't see a need for. That's wasted money.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • chicago2003chicago2003 Posts: 2

    @kyfdx said: 3.25%? Is it a balloon note?

    Yes, apparently it is a balloon loan with the option to walk away after 36 months which according to them is a mechanism to offset some of Chicago's high taxes.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @chicago2003 said: Yes, apparently it is a balloon loan with the option to walk away after 36 months which according to them is a mechanism to offset some of Chicago's high taxes.

    I don't really follow the balloon programs, but I will say... it only helps on taxes, if you intend to buy the vehicle at lease end.... or, you use it as a trade-in credit on the next vehicle.. In other words, any tax savings will come later. It looks like they use the same residuals, and 3.25% is nearly equivalent to the current money factor..

    So, most of the difference is probably tax... Compare it to our friend from Florida, just above... who is paying $39/mo. in tax... while, in Chicago, you are probably paying 13% on the full selling price? That's more like $169/mo. in tax... and, that's most of your difference.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • fllcfllc Posts: 17
    edited May 30

    Thank you very much. Any idea when some incentives will be available on the 2015 x3? Debating whether to do pull ahead now or wait for August when my lease ends to see if the deals will be better. Any thoughts?

  • ccambreccambre Posts: 1

    I am interested in the $419 advertised lease special. I can arrive at the calculations using a MF and RV that you provided, including the 2000 build out cash PLUS a $1750 dealer incentive that I read about on another site. Is it reasonable to assume that I negotiate several thousand off the MSRP and receive the 3750 in incentives? In other words, are those two variables independent? Thanks. Clay

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @fllc said: Thank you very much. Any idea when some incentives will be available on the 2015 x3? Debating whether to do pull ahead now or wait for August when my lease ends to see if the deals will be better. Any thoughts?

    If you are looking for a 2015, there is no harm in waiting.. I can't imagine the deals will get worse.. June numbers aren't changing, according to what we've heard.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876

    @ccambre said: I am interested in the $419 advertised lease special. I can arrive at the calculations using a MF and RV that you provided, including the 2000 build out cash PLUS a $1750 dealer incentive that I read about on another site. Is it reasonable to assume that I negotiate several thousand off the MSRP and receive the 3750 in incentives? In other words, are those two variables independent? Thanks. Clay

    It's not really an incentive... the $1750 is the dealer's discount from MSRP to achieve that lease payment.. That's only about 4% of the MSRP, so there is likely to be some more room to work on the price, but there aren't $3750 of incentives from BMW, only $2000. The advertised lease also assumes a $3000 cap cost reduction and the $725 acquisition fee, upfront.. so, the true monthly cost of that lease is closer to $555/mo., once all those upfront costs are rolled back in.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Is there any update to the MF / residual values for June?

    I'm looking at a 2014 X3 x28i in Florida with the tech package. Does it make sense to wait for a deal on the 2015s instead?

    Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,514

    @jupiterorlando said: Is there any update to the MF / residual values for June?

    I'm looking at a 2014 X3 x28i in Florida with the tech package. Does it make sense to wait for a deal on the 2015s instead?

    Thanks!

    The June numbers should be available to us as early as tomorrow.

    As far as 2014 vs 2015, the '15's will probably have a stronger residual but may have a higher MF to offset. And, the deals may not be quite so good.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • kidneygrillskidneygrills Posts: 5

    2015 X3 28xdrive Residual value on 36 months is 53% with no current Option Credit available, versus 54% with the 2k credit on 14's. 14 MF is 120 vs 133 on 15's. Good thru end June unless there's a mid-month ammendment (which i doubt). Hope this helps.

  • Thanks Michaell, kidneygrills. Could you help clarify the 120 vs 133 MF? Should I read it as 0.00120 vs 0.00133?

  • I got it in the previous comment in this thread, thanks.

  • skoot1027skoot1027 Posts: 7
    edited June 2

    I'm looking to get a 2014 x3 this month. A couple questions for those of you who have been through this before:

    1. Do dealerships only have what they show in stock on their website? Or do they have access to more if I call and tell them the color combo I'm looking for?
    2. Any tips for reaching out to multiple dealers to both get access to a broader inventory and ideally get a better price?
    3. Any recommendations for dealers in the CT/NY(/NJ?) area? I'm leaning toward BMW of Greenwich just for convenience. I also like that CT (and I guess NJ) allow for MSDs, unlike NY.
    4. Does it really matter where I lease from, or do I just go for the best price? I'll likely have service done at another dealer because I'll be moving anyway.

    Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,514

    @skoot1027 said: I'm looking to get a 2014 x3 this month. A couple questions for those of you who have been through this before:

    I'll answer what I can and let others chime in as well.

    1. Do dealerships only have what they show in stock on their website? Or do they have access to more if I call and tell them the color combo I'm looking for?

    Dealers can trade with one another, or you can place a special order and get exactly what you want. Generally, what they show on the web is what they have.

    1. Any tips for reaching out to multiple dealers to both get access to a broader inventory and ideally get a better price?

    Let your fingers do the walking. Use the pricing tools at the top of the page to get a sense of what your configuration will cost, and negotiate with multiple dealers to ensure you are getting the best price.

    1. Any recommendations for dealers in the CT/NY(/NJ?) area? I'm leaning toward BMW of Greenwich just for convenience. I also like that CT (and I guess NJ) allow for MSDs, unlike NY.

    I live in Colorado, so I can't help you there, but I do agree that the cap on MSDs hurts the NY dealers. MSDs are a great way to reduce your monthly payment.

    1. Does it really matter where I lease from, or do I just go for the best price? I'll likely have service done at another dealer because I'll be moving anyway.

    For warranty work, any BMW dealer will do, but there is something to be said about cultivating a relationship with a specific dealer.

    Thanks

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • khuzbuzkhuzbuz Posts: 14

    I'm in the MD/DC area and looking to lease either a 2014 or 2015 X3 xdrive28i. Assuming a 36month lease term with 15k miles/year, please provide the residual value and money factor for top tier borrower for both '14/'15.

    Thanks!

  • kidneygrillskidneygrills Posts: 5

    Agree with all of the above..some addl. to add maybe -

    1. Dealers also have vehicles in active Loaner service. These aren't on the websites, and occasionally they can be a good source for finding a gem.

    2. Keep in mind dealers are not generally fans of doing DX's or dealer exchanges...it's a pain in the rear for them and sometimes they'll incur fees, or have to give up something they want to keep for it. Point being they'll generally be more motivated to 'deal' on something on their lot.

    3. Can't help much there i'm afraid...i'm in MD.

    4. Nope...go with best price/deal.

    Good luck!

  • kidneygrillskidneygrills Posts: 5

    Khuzbuz - answer below for you -

    14 X328i is 0.00120 MF with an RV of 54% on that basis. 15 same model is 0.00133 and 53% RV. Hope this helps.

  • khuzbuzkhuzbuz Posts: 14

    Thanks for the info. So how does the residual value get calculated on a loaner/demo car? Is it still based on the MSRP or a lower number based on the miles already on the car? Is it usually better, financially, to lease brand new or a loaner car?

  • kidneygrillskidneygrills Posts: 5

    It's complicated...but suffice to say that the residuals deteriorate as you get further away from brand new/current model year. In other words for leasing, rates are at their best when your talking about brand new, and current model year...so yes if you're going lease, you need to go new.

Sign In or Register to comment.