Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sedona (2005 and Earlier)

jimjpsjimjps Posts: 146
Kia will be releasing their Sedona Mini-Van in the US in 2001. It's aproximately 192" long and they are dropping a big 3.5 litre V6 in it for the US market. It's been in Europe with a 2.5 litre V6 for about a year. Good design, good value, some typical Kia quality issues.

Comments

• jimjpsjimjps Posts: 146
    See http://popularmechanics.com/perl/spy_fetch.pl?cat=asia . They've raised the hood to

fit the 3.5 litre V6. It's of Hyundai/Mitsubishi origin and the tranny is a 5-speed auto.
  • alexjr1alexjr1 Posts: 19
    I saw it at the New York auto show fully loaded it costs around 22,000.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,004
    2002 Kia Sedona

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Another article about the '02 Kia Sedona:

http://www.speedvision.com/pub/articles/automotive/01CNews/010429c.html

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • gudanovgudanov Posts: 4
    Any clues as to what the price point will be on this thing? I like what I've read, but it's hard to compare without a price.
    Our Future Telling section still claims it'll debut at around $20,000 US.

link

Steve
    Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• toddrphtoddrph Posts: 1
    Hello,

Does anyone know specific dates of availability of the Kia Sedona?

Also, does anyone know of crash test results of the Sedona or any other Kia? Crash tests are not talked about alot for this manufacturer......
    Thanks.
  • enetheneth Posts: 285
    The first Sedonas were supposed to be on their way to the U.S. on a boat a month or so ago.

If Kia has hopes, it had better turn in decent crash test ratings - the new Optima (aka Hyundai Sonata) has done OK, but most other Kias are pretty dismal when it comes to crashworthiness.
  • enviromanenviroman Posts: 13
    Looked at Kia sales stats for last month and they show approximately 650 Sedona's being sold. Apparently, they are available in some parts of the country. I am in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area and local dealers are saying late August or early September.
  • jimjpsjimjps Posts: 146
    I had my first sighting today. Saw one with plates on the road in San Jose California. The local dealers must have them. It looked good, relatively clean styling.
  • coolmatt44coolmatt44 Posts: 54
    That it look A LOT like a ford windstar?
  • DTKWOKDTKWOK Posts: 131
    Unfortunately it does, at least the current generation looks a little better. For KIA's sake, hope that their crash ratings are just as good.
    "Kia's first minivan will be the lowest priced van in America when it goes on sale in August."

Please see the First Drive review linked in the Additional Resources box on the left navigation bar.

Steve
    Host

• ehaaseehaase Posts: 328
    According to AutoWeek, the Sedona weighs about 4,700 lbs - 400 to 800 lbs more than the competition.
  • alexjr1alexjr1 Posts: 19
    I saw a lot of them in a holding lot before they get shipped to their destinations in New York. At first i thought they were a bunch of Windstars than I was on my way than turned around and said those arent Windstars. They look great about the same size as the Sienna. There are two models the lx and ex the same thing as the Odyessey. When i heard it had a 3500cc engine I thought it the horsepower would be at least 220 seeing how small it is. According to magazines the horse power is around 185. I guess the engine will be refined over the years.
  • jjburakjjburak Posts: 2
    I had a chance to drive the top of the line Sedona in Delaware on July 21. This van has attractive styling. The gearsift on the center console was a little odd. The van drive really nice, great power in the engine. The van was MSRP around $23,000 which had every option you could get in it. (EX: dual AC and heat vents, leather seats, power sun roof, Alloy wheels. Darn, no fold away seats 8-(. I am really excited about this van after what I saw. I am waiting for the lower-end model starting around ($18000) since I do not want the leather seats of the captains chairs in the 2nd row. I really hope this van does some damage to the competitors.
  • Found two Sedonas in Joliet, Illinois. Test Drove both of them. One was completely loaded
    with all available options. Drove well. Ran it up on the expressway. Wind noise was not to bad.
    Dealer said they are introducing them with 0.9 financing for 60 months. Dealer would not talk
    any discounts off sticker. The Sodena EX we drove listed at $24,000.00. Leather, Roof Rack,
    two tone paint, moon roof, power driver and passenger seats, the works. Was impressed with all the options that it came with for the price.
  • jondotjondot Posts: 63
    marklj, thanks for the link to the Kia Parts catalog! I brought up the Home page and found how to establish an ordering chart by VIN and vehicle details. If you want to establish your own page just go to the url below and have at it. http://www.kiausaparts.com/vin/vin.asp
  • bluewindsbluewinds Posts: 100
    I like the styling of Sedona.

You can watch Kia Sedona movie file.

Find the Kia Sedona.

http://myhome.naver.com/mildbreeze/menu2.html