Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Audi A4 Lease Questions

1235

Comments

  • Hi Kyfdx i have seen a few of your helpful posts in regards to these types of inquires. Looking for some assistance :) I was just at my dealer in New York today and got numbers on an 2014 A4 P+ ,12k a year/36 month lease. Looking to trade in my 2007 Audi A4 Quattro with 79,500k Appraised at $9,000.00 debt still owed on car $1,900.00. Was wondering if this is a good deal or not and if there's room to negotiate. See below a break down. Trade in: 2007 Audi A4 Prem. Package Milage:79,500k Purchased as Certified Pre Owned at the same dealer Also leased another A4 from this dealer. Appraised Trade Value: $9,000.00 Audi 2014 P+ 12k a year / 36 month lease MSRP:$44,680.00 L.E.V %: 54.00% Lease End Value: $24,127.20 Initial Cap Cost: $42,533.00 Trade In:$9,000.00 Loyalty: $1,500.00 Adjusted Cap Cost: $34,942.59 Sales Tax: $1,198.91 Money Factor: 0.00039 Amount Due at signing: $1,305.29 ( Came to 360 a month with no money out of pocket) Monthly Payment: $323.47

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898

    @audifan123 said: Looking for some assistance :) I was just at my dealer in New York today and got numbers on an 2014 A4 P+ ,12k a year/36 month lease. Looking to trade in my 2007 Audi A4 Quattro with 79,500k Appraised at $9,000.00 debt still owed on car $1,900.00. Was wondering if this is a good deal or not and if there's room to negotiate. See below a break down. Trade in: 2007 Audi A4 Prem. Package Milage:79,500k Purchased as Certified Pre Owned at the same dealer Also leased another A4 from this dealer. Appraised Trade Value: $9,000.00 Audi 2014 P+ 12k a year / 36 month lease MSRP:$44,680.00 L.E.V %: 54.00% Lease End Value: $24,127.20 Initial Cap Cost: $42,533.00 Trade In:$9,000.00 Loyalty: $1,500.00 Adjusted Cap Cost: $34,942.59 Sales Tax: $1,198.91 Money Factor: 0.00039 Amount Due at signing: $1,305.29 ( Came to 360 a month with no money out of pocket) Monthly Payment: $323.47

    So.... $8400 due at signing, plus $323/mo.?

    That's more like $570/mo., with just 1st payment due at signing..

    I would never put that much money down on a lease. All of that trade equity doesn't have to go towards the downpayment.. they could cut you a check. Your selling price is about 4.8% off. Since they aren't marking up the rate, and the residual is set by AFS, then the selling price is the only variable.

    The deal looks decent, and the calculations are correct, but I'd keep all of that upfront money in my pocket. Because, the payment is $570/mo... Putting more money upfront to decrease the monthly payment doesn't change the real monthly cost.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • plinaplina Posts: 33

    Will the money factor and the residual be the same for 36 month 12,000 per year? and just in case can you give it to me for 42 months 12000 per year. Thanks

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898

    .00039 MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr

    42 month: .00059 MF and 50% residual.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • bkp32bkp32 Posts: 4

    Anyone know the MF and residual for a 2014 PP with 10k/yr? 36 and 42mo pls...ty

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898

    @bkp32 said: Anyone know the MF and residual for a 2014 PP with 10k/yr? 36 and 42mo pls...ty

    2014 A4 Quattro Premium Plus 36mo, 10K/yr lease

    .00039 MF and 55% residual

    42 month: .00059 MF and 51% residual

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Hello,

    I am new to the forum and love all the good informatino available on here. I am in the market for a 2014 A4 and have a questions about the offer the dealer has made me. I am new to leasing and am very weary of the terms, but am thinking I may do it any way just to try it out. I want a Premium +, but the dealer has a Premium they are offering up to me.

    The following is the deal they offered.

    2014 A4 Premium - MSRP $39,945 - Selling Price is Roughly $38,900 - 42 mo. - 15,000yr - $4,000 Total Out of Pocket - W/ Audi Care - Not sure the residual off the top of my head, it was like $19,897 or something 48-49% maybe. - Total Monthly payment of $474 including everything.

    Does this sound like an ok deal? I am trading in my 2013 STI and am getting $32,000 for it, which gives me the $4,000 down and $809 cash back.

    Thoughts?

    I really want the Premium + with sport package only, but the dealer doesnt have one on the lot and before I ask them to find one I want to make sure I am getting an ok deal.

    Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

  • Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,175

    @gmoney28 said: Hello,

    I am new to the forum and love all the good informatino available on here. I am in the market for a 2014 A4 and have a questions about the offer the dealer has made me. I am new to leasing and am very weary of the terms, but am thinking I may do it any way just to try it out. I want a Premium +, but the dealer has a Premium they are offering up to me.

    The following is the deal they offered.

    2014 A4 Premium - MSRP $39,945 - Selling Price is Roughly $38,900 - 42 mo. - 15,000yr - $4,000 Total Out of Pocket - W/ Audi Care - Not sure the residual off the top of my head, it was like $19,897 or something 48-49% maybe. - Total Monthly payment of $474 including everything.

    Does this sound like an ok deal? I am trading in my 2013 STI and am getting $32,000 for it, which gives me the $4,000 down and $809 cash back.

    Thoughts?

    I really want the Premium + with sport package only, but the dealer doesnt have one on the lot and before I ask them to find one I want to make sure I am getting an ok deal.

    Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

    Is the $4000 all going to cap cost reduction or is that taking care of some of the up front fees as well?

    If it's the former, that's usually not a good idea. If the car is totaled or stolen, you're out that money.

    I'll let my co-host comment on the financials.

    michaell@edmunds.com

    Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898

    @gmoney28 said: Hello,

    I am new to the forum and love all the good informatino available on here. I am in the market for a 2014 A4 and have a questions about the offer the dealer has made me. I am new to leasing and am very weary of the terms, but am thinking I may do it any way just to try it out. I want a Premium +, but the dealer has a Premium they are offering up to me.

    The following is the deal they offered.

    2014 A4 Premium - MSRP $39,945 - Selling Price is Roughly $38,900 - 42 mo. - 15,000yr - $4,000 Total Out of Pocket - W/ Audi Care - Not sure the residual off the top of my head, it was like $19,897 or something 48-49% maybe. - Total Monthly payment of $474 including everything.

    Does this sound like an ok deal? I am trading in my 2013 STI and am getting $32,000 for it, which gives me the $4,000 down and $809 cash back.

    Thoughts?

    I really want the Premium + with sport package only, but the dealer doesnt have one on the lot and before I ask them to find one I want to make sure I am getting an ok deal.

    Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

    Quattro, right? 42mo, 15K/yr lease with Audicare residual is 49%.

    Looks like your $4K is probably 1st payment, acq.fee, AudiCare, taxes upfront and maybe $700 of CAP cost reduction. The biggest problem I see is the selling price. If they were offering you a car on the lot that they really want to move, and a deal that you can't pass up, I could see it. But, $1000 off MSRP? For a car that you don't want? An average Audi deal should be 4%-5% off of MSRP... That's another $1000 lower. That would lower your payments by $25/mo.

    If it were me, I'd hold out for the car I really want, and insist on a 5%-6% discount from MSRP. Also, get a breakdown of any upfront money and ask for the money factor. On the A4 Premium Plus or Premium model for 42 months, it is .00059.

    And... finally.. What's wrong with the STi that you want to sell it? Is it the hatchback?

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • So there is nothing wrong with the STI, however, I am adding a new addition to the family and will now need 2 carseats instead of 1 and Daddy can't eat the stearing wheel all the time, so its time to get a more family friendly car.

    As for the note about wanting the Premium +, I really wanted Audi Driver Select, however, I was comparing the option in the A4 with the option that was with the 2012 A6 that I went for a ride in some time ago and it is nothing alike, so I am ok with the Premium trim line.

    As for the figures above, I was incorrect on a couple of points, below I have redefined the deal with the most up to date numbers I have received. Could you confirm if I should continue beating on this dealer or try to find another that will work on the "factors"?

    MSRP - $39,495 (Not $39,945)
    Selling Price $38,100 - 3.67% discount from MSRP
    Taxes/Fees +1st payment - $2,273 (Paid from $4K down)

    Down payment - $4,000

    $500 Audi Cash for Presidents Day

    CapCost Buy Down - $1,727 - (Remainder of $4K down)

    Monthly payment $470 - 42mo - 15K/yr (including Audi Care)

    The dealer I am working with is the only one in the area and they are not a big one at all. They are quite small actually and I am thinking that they probably don't have as much room to bargain as other larger dealers. I have also heard from a co-worker they are harder to bargain with as well.

    Thank you for the feed back. I have never leased before and am worried about jumping froma car that "never" loses its value to a car that depreciates instantly once you roll off the lot...
  • jimmymac6jimmymac6 Posts: 1
    edited February 17

    Just wondering if this is a good deal?

    Their deal: $500 down, 15k miles per year, 36 months, monthly payment is $431 including tax

    There are similar deals out there right now with a $1499 cap cost reduction and 10k miles for $299 per month. Does this Audi deal not include state sales tax?

    I calculated the payment to be approx $415 per month with a 50% residual and .00018 money factor. Am I missing something? Does 15k miles per year and $1000 less for the down payment boost the monthly payment by $132 per month? Seems too much.

    2014 A4 2.0T FWD MULTITRONIC, IBIS WHITE, AUDI NAVIGATION SYSTEM

    MSRP $36,795

    Your ePrice for this vehicle is $33,769 + tax & fees!

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898

    @gmoney28 said: So there is nothing wrong with the STI, however, I am adding a new addition to the family and will now need 2 carseats instead of 1 and Daddy can't eat the stearing wheel all the time, so its time to get a more family friendly car.
    As for the note about wanting the Premium +, I really wanted Audi Driver Select, however, I was comparing the option in the A4 with the option that was with the 2012 A6 that I went for a ride in some time ago and it is nothing alike, so I am ok with the Premium trim line.
    As for the figures above, I was incorrect on a couple of points, below I have redefined the deal with the most up to date numbers I have received. Could you confirm if I should continue beating on this dealer or try to find another that will work on the "factors"?
    MSRP - $39,495 (Not $39,945) Selling Price $38,100 - 3.67% discount from MSRP Taxes/Fees +1st payment - $2,273 (Paid from $4K down)
    Down payment - $4,000
    $500 Audi Cash for Presidents Day
    CapCost Buy Down - $1,727 - (Remainder of $4K down)
    Monthly payment $470 - 42mo - 15K/yr (including Audi Care)
    The dealer I am working with is the only one in the area and they are not a big one at all. They are quite small actually and I am thinking that they probably don't have as much room to bargain as other larger dealers. I have also heard from a co-worker they are harder to bargain with as well.
    Thank you for the feed back. I have never leased before and am worried about jumping froma car that "never" loses its value to a car that depreciates instantly once you roll off the lot...

    Well... none of that is unusual for an Audi dealer. I've never found one that was very easy to deal with. Well, they are easy if you don't mind paying a lot.

    That just seems like a big monthly payment for a $39,500 car, especially with $4K upfront. That doesn't make it a bad deal, just an expensive car to lease..

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898

    @jimmymac6 said: Just wondering if this is a good deal?

    Their deal: $500 down, 15k miles per year, 36 months, monthly payment is $431 including tax

    There are similar deals out there right now with a $1499 cap cost reduction and 10k miles for $299 per month. Does this Audi deal not include state sales tax?

    I calculated the payment to be approx $415 per month with a 50% residual and .00018 money factor. Am I missing something? Does 15k miles per year and $1000 less for the down payment boost the monthly payment by $132 per month? Seems too much.

    2014 A4 2.0T FWD MULTITRONIC, IBIS WHITE, AUDI NAVIGATION SYSTEM

    MSRP $36,795

    Your ePrice for this vehicle is $33,769 + tax & fees!

    Regarding the advertised deal. $1000 more down, plus $700 acquisition fee, plus $1100 for 15K/yr mileage (- 3% residual). That's $80 more per month.... then add sales tax, title and registration.... Getting pretty close.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • sjl136sjl136 Posts: 7
    Looking for latest lease info (MF and residual) on 2014 allroad premium plus; 36 mo @ 15k/yr. Sorry to post in this forum but couldn't get to the allroad forum on my phone.
  • sjl136sjl136 Posts: 7
    Also, does Audi participate in MSDs?
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898

    @sjl136 said: Looking for latest lease info (MF and residual) on 2014 allroad premium plus; 36 mo @ 15k/yr. Sorry to post in this forum but couldn't get to the allroad forum on my phone.

    .00092 MF and 53% residual

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898

    @sjl136 said: Also, does Audi participate in MSDs?

    Yes, but I'm not sure of the specifics, as far as how many MSDs and the MF discount for each one.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • churwitzchurwitz Posts: 5
    edited March 5

    Are the new March rates out? Looking for mf and residual for a 2014 Audi A4 Premium Plus Quattro with manual transmission, 36 months @ 10k miles per year. Are the rates for 39 months different? Many thanks!

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898

    @churwitz said: Are the new March rates out? Looking for mf and residual for a 2014 Audi A4 Premium Plus Quattro with manual transmission, 36 months @ 10k miles per year. Are the rates for 39 months different? Many thanks!

    .00039 MF and 55% residual.

    39 month: .00059 MF and 53% residual

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • imagiroimagiro Posts: 6

    Ok so stupid question - I'm starting a car search and am considering luxury cars for the first time. I've noticed some have special lease deals like the one below:

    1) Is the asking price still negotiable on these?
    2) Are these usually good deals if they match the car you are looking at? 3) If you add on a new option to these deals - does it "break" the deal or does it just add to the capitalized cost?

    Also whats the MF on 36 month lease and residual on the below car? (36 month, 10k miles)

    2014 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Rate based on MSRP $37,545 of 2014 Audi A4 2.0T quattro Premium Package, Tiptronic, Cold Weather Package and destination charges, excluding taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer Offer $379 per month for 36 months $2,873 cash due at signing Offer only valid 3/01/2014 through 3/31/2014 $379 per Month Lease for 36 Months, $1,799 Customer Down, Security Deposit Waived, $2,873 Due at Signing

    Sorry for the stupid question - new to luxury cars and want to go in and not give into the "dazzle" :)

Sign In or Register to comment.