Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,597

@dpadro said: Update to my last post, these are the specific numbers maybe it'll help.

36 month 12K price with discounts 44,547 with all fees 47.791.00 again not sure of the MF but I know the residual is 51% my payment paying off the signing fees which amout to about 3,500 comes out to 603. The care is an A4 Premuim plus brilliant black, S-line, sport, MMI, black optic, back spoiler. Just wondering if that was a decent deal? I wanted to get the payments down to about 500-550 but I know putting money down besides the signing fees on a lease kind of defeats the purpose of a lease. Any input will help, thanks!

Is this FWD or Quattro? The MF and residuals are different.

You are right - putting money down to de-cap the lease is not a good idea. If the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. Rather, use the upfront cash to make multiple security deposits (MSD) - these reduce the MF and your payment, and you get the money back at the end of the lease term.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dpadrodpadro Posts: 20

It's a Quattro, automatic transmission forgot to mentnion that. How do I make the security deposits? Is it like paying to the principle of a normal auto loan? or do I just tell the dealer I will do that? Thanks for the help.

Also I'm located in Maryland.

@dpadro said: It's a Quattro, automatic transmission forgot to mentnion that. How do I make the security deposits? Is it like paying to the principle of a normal auto loan? or do I just tell the dealer I will do that? Thanks for the help.

A4 Quattro Prem Plus - .00039 and 54% for 36/12

Multiple security deposits are used to reduce the base MF. Audi allows 9 MSDs - each MSD is the payment amount rounded up to the next $25 - and each MSD reduces the MF by .00005. If your payment is $485/mo each MSD would be $500 and the maximum 9 ($4500) would lower the effective MSD to .00001 (can't be lower than 0).

The best part is you get the MSD money back at the end of the lease.

Your salesman may not be aware of the MSD program - but the finance person ought to be.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Sweet thanks for the info, just a couple of last questions to make sure I'm understanding correctly. So if my payment is 580 the MSD would be 600 each right? Also the dealer told me the residual was 51% max and they didn't dictate that is the % dictated by state/area or just by the dealership/lease provider? Lastly using the example you gave doing the multipe MSD's how much would the payment go down and they just give you that money back at the end of the lease? If so that's awesome!

@dpadro said: Sweet thanks for the info, just a couple of last questions to make sure I'm understanding correctly. So if my payment is 580 the MSD would be 600 each right? Also the dealer told me the residual was 51% max and they didn't dictate that is the % dictated by state/area or just by the dealership/lease provider? Lastly using the example you gave doing the multipe MSD's how much would the payment go down and they just give you that money back at the end of the lease? If so that's awesome!

Yes, if your payment is $580 then the amount of each security deposit would be $600.

Residual is set by the finance company and cannot be modified by the dealer. The residual amounts are constant by geography.

The payment would be reduced based on the reduction of the MF used in the payment calculation. And yes, the money given as MSD is returned to you at the end of the lease - presumably, to be used in the next lease.

Super Sweet! Again thanks for the help and the quick responses. So based on Maryland Geografical area you're saying the residual should be 54%? I'm trying to figure out why they told me 51%? Is this information public? Could I find it and go to the dealer with proof? Or am I stuck with whatever they tell me fo rthe residual %?

@dpadro said: Super Sweet! Again thanks for the help and the quick responses. So based on Maryland Geografical area you're saying the residual should be 54%? I'm trying to figure out why they told me 51%? Is this information public? Could I find it and go to the dealer with proof? Or am I stuck with whatever they tell me fo rthe residual %?

The only factors that will affect the residual value are the lease term, miles per year and trim level. Double check with your dealer that they are providing the residual for A4 Quattro Premium Plus - 36 months and 12K miles per year.

No, the information is not public. No, you are not stuck with whatever your dealer tells you - you can always go to a different Audi dealer.

LOL, sweet thanks for the info and the help!

Quick question are MSD's allowed on any car or is that an Audi type deal?

@dpadro said: Quick question are MSD's allowed on any car or is that an Audi type deal?

MSDs are available from multiple manufacturers, though mostly on luxury makes (MB, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti). Not aware of MSDs being available for Honda, Hyundai, Ford, etc.

Cool, yeah looked at a Q50S yesterday because I'm having a hard time finding the A4 I want, but wasn't sure if they did the MSD's for all types. Thanks though!

• drengifodrengifo Posts: 1

Hello - I'm interested in a new 2014 A4 and when I visited the dealer they proposed this deal. The dealership claims to have no haggle pricing. Please review and let me know if this is a good deal.

2014 A4 Premium Plus Quattro, Navigation

36 mo 52% Residual, 15k miles MSRP 42,780 Cap Cost $39,738 $4k trade in

Payment $504 including tax

@drengifo said: Hello - I'm interested in a new 2014 A4 and when I visited the dealer they proposed this deal. The dealership claims to have no haggle pricing. Please review and let me know if this is a good deal.

2014 A4 Premium Plus Quattro, Navigation

36 mo 52% Residual, 15k miles MSRP 42,780 Cap Cost $39,738 $4k trade in

Payment $504 including tax

Is the trade in equity being used to lower the cap cost? If so, we recommend against that - if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Instead, use the equity to make multiple security deposits to lower the MF. You get your money back at the end of the lease.

• khiweekhiwee Posts: 4
    Hi all,

I'm looking at a 2014 A4 Quattro Premium Plus package, Navi plus, Audi Side Assist that is being leased with 4,650 miles on it in NY.(Ibis White)

MSRP- $44375
    CAP COST- $36672.61
    RESIDUAL %- 52
    MONEY FACTOR- .00193
    TERM- 36
    Payment $494 per month.

Dealer won't give out specific numbers until i come in again, but i paid 500 to hold the car and offered a total of 2500 down. I have Tier B credit. With taxes total paid upfront $2704
    They said it was the last of 6 loaners given to them every 6 months or so from Audi.

Can someone let me know if I should run screaming out the door? Is really appreciate it. My very first lease.

I also have another offer at a different dealer but i don't know the money factor yet. This is for a brand new A4 Quattro Premium, moonlight blue, navi package, cold weather package.

MSRP 40,450
    Purchase Option 21,843
    RESIDUAL ?
    MONEY FACTOR- ?
    TERM- 36
    Disposition fee 350.........
    Then
    Amount due on signing
    Acquisition Fee 650
    Fees ~Insurance 155
    Upfront taxes 1,679
    Cap reduction 300
    -------------
    Total inception fees 2,829.01
    Rebate as cap reduction 750.00
    Total drive off?? 3,579,01

Total cash required on delivery 2829.01
    Payment $487 per month,

Any comments would be welcome.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,916

On the loaner, it looks like they are using the standard money factor, adjusted higher for B-tier, and it appears to be correct.

I'm not sure how B-tier affects the money factor on the brand-new vehicle, though.

Comparing the two deals, it looks like the loaner vehicle has a lot more options, and is about the same overall price, or maybe a little less than the new one... If I'm just leasing for 36 months, I think I'd pick the loaner. You'll want to verify that it still has at least 3 full years of warranty left (ask for the "in-service date").

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kshaykshay Posts: 18

Hello, what are the MF and residuals for 2014 A4 Premium 36mo/12k? We are in Southern California. Are there any current promos running this weekend? Thanks much.

null

null

Thank you so much! @ kyfdx. They did say they would restart the warranty, so the 4650 miles would be reset to 0 for warranty purposes.

@kshay said: Hello, what are the MF and residuals for 2014 A4 Premium 36mo/12k? We are in Southern California. Are there any current promos running this weekend? Thanks much.

FWD - .00018 and 52%

Quattro - .00039 and 54%

Audi will make your first payment, this month.

• kshaykshay Posts: 18

Thanks. What are your thoughts on advertising and port fees? Dealer's quote includes almost $700 of advertising and port fees which they say are on every car that comes into U.S. Are those standard fees and are they negotiable? Thanks.

@kshay said: Thanks. What are your thoughts on advertising and port fees? Dealer's quote includes almost $700 of advertising and port fees which they say are on every car that comes into U.S. Are those standard fees and are they negotiable? Thanks.

Check with a second (or third) dealer - if they all include it, it's probably not negotiable. Destination is part of the sticker price of every car.

@kshay said: Thanks. What are your thoughts on advertising and port fees? Dealer's quote includes almost $700 of advertising and port fees which they say are on every car that comes into U.S. Are those standard fees and are they negotiable? Thanks.

Those are part of the dealer's cost... did you offer to pay a certain amount over invoice?

@kyfdx said: On the loaner, it looks like they are using the standard money factor, adjusted higher for B-tier, and it appears to be correct.

I'm not sure how B-tier affects the money factor on the brand-new vehicle, though.

Comparing the two deals, it looks like the loaner vehicle has a lot more options, and is about the same overall price, or maybe a little less than the new one... If I'm just leasing for 36 months, I think I'd pick the loaner. You'll want to verify that it still has at least 3 full years of warranty left (ask for the "in-service date").

Thank you so much... I called the 2nd Audi dealer and he told me my money factor was 0.00079 versus the 0.00193 they are quoting me for the loaner. Is the higher money factor because its a loaner, even though it's being used with the new limited warranty. Also, do loaner cars have warranty type issues even during the first yes of the lease because of the mileage (4,650 in my case. )

@khiwee said: Also, do loaner cars have warranty type issues even during the first yes of the lease because of the mileage (4,650 in my case. )

Yeah... it looks like the loaner doesn't qualify for the new car rates.

If the car is under warranty for the full lease term, the mileage wouldn't bother me. I've leased two loaners in the past, with no issues. (and, if there are issues, you have the warranty).

@kyfdx ... thank you so much!
  • volnedanvolnedan Posts: 3

Can you provide MF and residual for 2014 A4 Premium 6MT with only S Line Style package? 36 month term, 12K mi/yr in Michigan.

@volnedan said: Can you provide MF and residual for 2014 A4 Premium 6MT with only S Line Style package? 36 month term, 12K mi/yr in Michigan.

Is that FWD or Quattro?

• xmmsxmms Posts: 3

Hi -- Can you provide MF and residual for 2014 A4 Premium FWD with cold package? 36 months, both 10k and 12k per year.

Thank you

@xmms said: Hi -- Can you provide MF and residual for 2014 A4 Premium FWD with cold package? 36 months, both 10k and 12k per year.

Thank you

.00007 MF and 52%/51% residual.

• southnumasouthnuma Posts: 4

What are the MF and Residuals for a 2014 and 2015 A4 AWD 12K a year 36 month with and without audi care?