Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

2

Comments

  • Hi kyfdx,

    Looking to pick up a 2014 GTI before the end of the month. Looking to lease as they have a promotion going on right now. First time leasing so I have been reading everything here on the forum to educate myself.

    Can you provide me with the money factor and residual on a 2014 Wolfsburg edition DSG for a 36 month 10k and 12k mile lease? Also two salespeople have told me VWoA sends out a letter in your last year of the lease to allow you to purchase additional miles to avoid paying a penalty at the end of the lease. Is this something that can be verified? I don't want to buy any more miles than I need.

    Also any way of finding out what options might add to the lease? I found a car online advertised for $23,500 and it has optional HID lights. Seems like a really good price so I'm hoping they don't try to charge additional for the lights.

    Thanks in advance for the help!

    Ron

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,430

    @ze_autobahn said: Hi kyfdx,

    Looking to pick up a 2014 GTI before the end of the month. Looking to lease as they have a promotion going on right now. First time leasing so I have been reading everything here on the forum to educate myself.

    Can you provide me with the money factor and residual on a 2014 Wolfsburg edition DSG for a 36 month 10k and 12k mile lease? Also two salespeople have told me VWoA sends out a letter in your last year of the lease to allow you to purchase additional miles to avoid paying a penalty at the end of the lease. Is this something that can be verified? I don't want to buy any more miles than I need.

    Also any way of finding out what options might add to the lease? I found a car online advertised for $23,500 and it has optional HID lights. Seems like a really good price so I'm hoping they don't try to charge additional for the lights.

    Thanks in advance for the help!

    Ron

    .00027 MF and 54% for 36mo/12K. Add 1% for 10K miles per year.

    Cannot comment on the 'buy more miles before you lease expires' promotion - never heard of it.

    Lease payments are based on the MSRP (with all options), negotiated selling price, MF and residual value.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • Thanks Michaell!

    Heading up there this afternoon. Hopefully I can make this deal work. I feel much better armed with this info, so thank you very much for the quick response!

    Ron

  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890

    A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer/shopper who delayed purchasing their car because of the cold weather. If inclement weather prevented you from buying a new or used car earlier this year, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, 4/29/14 at 8 a.m. PT/11 a.m. ET.

    MODERATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • So the deal that looked too good to be true was not to be. They tried to bait and switch us into another car (said the car we made an appointment to see just sold ten minutes before we got there), wouldn't honor the sales price on the internet (the sale price is for purchase only, not lease) and I left without getting a car. Going to another dealer tomorrow hopefully they have their act together.

    They said they also have a new 2013 GTI Wolfsburg DSG. Any idea on money factor and residual on a year old but still new model? They should be really motivated to move these right?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,430

    @ze_autobahn said: So the deal that looked too good to be true was not to be. They tried to bait and switch us into another car (said the car we made an appointment to see just sold ten minutes before we got there), wouldn't honor the sales price on the internet (the sale price is for purchase only, not lease) and I left without getting a car. Going to another dealer tomorrow hopefully they have their act together.

    They said they also have a new 2013 GTI Wolfsburg DSG. Any idea on money factor and residual on a year old but still new model? They should be really motivated to move these right?

    Sorry to hear about your experience yesterday ... but it happens.

    Yes, VW does have lease numbers for 2013 MY. MF is .00159 and residual is 46% for 15K miles. Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10k

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • So I ended up getting a 2014 Candy White GTI DSG Wolfsburg edition yesterday. Using the money factor (.00027) and residual information I got here I was able to get a 36 month/36k mile lease for $2k out the door (which covered 4.9% taxes, acquisition fee and first month payment) with a $257 monthly payment including taxes. Came with Monster mats and cargo area protector/cargo blocks option. I wanted the Laguna 18" wheels so the dealership swapped them from another car. I also negotiated the "dealer fees" down to $50 from $499. I was trying to hit $250 a month so I got pretty close. Overall not a bad purchase experience thanks to the info from this forum!

  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,764

    I'm sort of tire kicking a Sportswagen and wondered about the optional Monster mats - are they like those heavy rubber WeatherTech ones?

    Congrats on the new ride - love the white. Feel free to post some pics over in Reader's Rides.

    Moderator
    Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,077

    @ze_autobahn said: So I ended up getting a 2014 Candy White GTI DSG Wolfsburg edition yesterday. Using the money factor (.00027) and residual information I got here I was able to get a 36 month/36k mile lease for $2k out the door (which covered 4.9% taxes, acquisition fee and first month payment) with a $257 monthly payment including taxes. Came with Monster mats and cargo area protector/cargo blocks option. I wanted the Laguna 18" wheels so the dealership swapped them from another car. I also negotiated the "dealer fees" down to $50 from $499. I was trying to hit $250 a month so I got pretty close. Overall not a bad purchase experience thanks to the info from this forum!

    Wow.. that's a great deal! Congrats!

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • ze_autobahnze_autobahn Posts: 5

    @Stever-yes the Monster mats are the heavy duty all weather mats. These are a actually a little more cushy than the ones in my Audi. I like them because you can get in the car with snow on your feet and it doesn't soak into the mat like it would with carpet. I also prefer the monster mats to the weather tech ones 'case they have a cool GTI logo on them ;-) The factory package also included the cargo cover which is great to have if you haul stuff like mulch or a Christmas tree. You can just pull it out and shake the dirt out so it doesn't get ground into the short pile carpeting. I wasn't planning to get them from the dealer but they were included with the car.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,077

    I have a lease that is up in October... considering a nice cheap GTI lease. A lot of bang for the buck!

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • shakeel3shakeel3 Posts: 6

    Kyfdx - do you have numbers on a 27 month lease @ 10K/year?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,430

    @shakeel3 said: Kyfdx - do you have numbers on a 27 month lease @ 10K/year?

    .00027 and 59%

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • platopodplatopod Posts: 6
    What are the numbers for 36 month/ 36k, Wolfsburg w/DSG. What can I seriously offer? Dealer wants 26k, MSRP is 27.3k. I'd like to get closer to 24k is this possible? I'm in the New England area.

    Also, saw a dealer with a 0down $236 a month with 36month/30k deal. Possible? Real?
  • platopodplatopod Posts: 6
    null
    What are the numbers for 36 month/ 36k, Wolfsburg w/DSG. What can I seriously offer? Dealer wants 26k, MSRP is 27.3k. I'd like to get closer to 24k is this possible? I'm in the New England area.

    Also, saw a dealer with a 0down $236 a month with 36month/30k deal. Possible? Real?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,077

    @platopod said: What are the numbers for 36 month/ 36k, Wolfsburg w/DSG. What can I seriously offer? Dealer wants 26k, MSRP is 27.3k. I'd like to get closer to 24k is this possible? I'm in the New England area.
    Also, saw a dealer with a 0down $236 a month with 36month/30k deal. Possible? Real?

    .00027 MF and 53% residual. $500 lease cash.

    I've been crunching the numbers on the GTI, because I have a lease that is up in 5 months, and I'm hoping that the deals will get better, as the 2015 is showing up in a few months... But, I don't see you getting anywhere close to $24K. Most dealers quote $900-$1100 off MSRP.

    I also can't see that 0 down, $236/mo. Somewhere around $300-$325, I think..

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • platopodplatopod Posts: 6
    edited May 9

    I got a dealer offering 1700 off MSRP, but the thing is the GTI residual almost makes it not worth because it's so low. I need to pull the trigger on a new car May 25th and I don't think the 15' GTI will be out by then. Dilemma.

  • platopodplatopod Posts: 6
    Hey can you give the money factor and residual for a Wolfsburg w/DSG for 36month, 15k miles ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,077

    @platopod said: Hey can you give the money factor and residual for a Wolfsburg w/DSG for 36month, 15k miles ?

    All GTIs have the same program. .00027 MF and 51% residual, with $500 lease cash.

    It's more important to get the right car, at the best price you can, than to just go for the cheapest lease deal. A cheap lease on a car that you don't want, will seem to last forever.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • nateonatornateonator Posts: 2

    Is the money factor dependent on credit score?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,077

    Yes... .the money factors we quote here are for top tier.. That's usually a FICO score of 675-700 and above.. Lower tiers have pretty substantial increases.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • adam_gadam_g Posts: 6

    @kyfdx@Edmunds said: Yes... .the money factors we quote here are for top tier.. That's usually a FICO score of 675-700 and above.. Lower tiers have pretty substantial increases.

    Pretty amazing that 675 is considered top tier.

  • platopodplatopod Posts: 6

    The problem I'm having is with the credit tiers. I have a 740 FICO and they said its not enough. I'm young and and never leased before, so they are asking for a co-signor. From what I've looked up VW credit is especially stringent. :(

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,430

    @platopod said: The problem I'm having is with the credit tiers. I have a 740 FICO and they said its not enough. I'm young and and never leased before, so they are asking for a co-signor. From what I've looked up VW credit is especially stringent. :(

    I don't think it's the number - 740 is certainly high enough. I suspect it's the type of credit you have (and don't have) that are driving VW to this decision.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • platopodplatopod Posts: 6

    You may be right, this is my first time leasing/buying any sort of auto credit. I was able to get the price of the car down to 23.4k (wolfsburg w/dsg) which gives me a great deal but the credit is the issue. Trying to work it out now.

  • synergy77synergy77 Posts: 2

    Looking for numbers on a 13 and 14 GTI in cook county, IL with 15k mileage allowance. MF/Residual/any incentives 13 GTI DE 4d advertised sale price of 26800 14 GTI DE 4d advertised sale price of 28600 13 GTI Base 4d Convenience and Sunroof MSRP 30960 Sale price 25704

    Should the capital cost reflect something near the sale price??

    FICO is between 675 – 700

    Trying to figure out the best deal I can get with minimal down and at 300 a month.

    Thanks in advance!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,430

    @synergy77 said: Looking for numbers on a 13 and 14 GTI in cook county, IL with 15k mileage allowance. MF/Residual/any incentives 13 GTI DE 4d advertised sale price of 26800 14 GTI DE 4d advertised sale price of 28600 13 GTI Base 4d Convenience and Sunroof MSRP 30960 Sale price 25704

    Should the capital cost reflect something near the sale price??

    FICO is between 675 – 700

    Trying to figure out the best deal I can get with minimal down and at 300 a month.

    Thanks in advance!

    A couple of observations .. in Illinois, you will pay sales tax on the entire value of the vehicle for a lease, not just the monthly payment. This substantially increases the payment. There is legislation on the governor's desk to change this, but I haven't yet heard if it's been signed or not. If so, the change is supposed to go into effect on 7/1/14.

    Capital cost should be your lowest negotiated price minus any lease cash available. I would use the Edmunds pricing tools found at the top of the page to determine the invoice price and use that as a starting point.

    You didn't mention a lease term, so I'll assume 36 months.

    For 2014 MY, the MF is .00027 and the residual is 51%. $500 lease cash.

    For 2013 MY, the residual is 45%. I don't see any MF or lease cash numbers, however.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • adam_gadam_g Posts: 6

    @Michaell said: A couple of observations .. in Illinois, you will pay sales tax on the entire value of the vehicle >for a lease, not just the monthly payment. This substantially increases the payment. There is >legislation on the governor's desk to change this, but I haven't yet heard if it's been signed or >not. If so, the change is supposed to go into effect on 7/1/14.

    Law was signed last month, goes into effect on vehicles purchased on 7/1/14 and after.

    http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/fulltext.asp?Name=098-0628

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,077

    That's awesome!

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • ccasey1ccasey1 Posts: 15

    I'm seeing a few 14's at my local dealer (Charles Maund in Austin) being advertised at $3000 off for Memorial Day.

    Can you provide lease figures for 24 and 36 month leases, with 10k/yr?

    Thanks!

2
Sign In or Register to comment.