Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Toyota Prius Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,135

@atos2012 said: Michaell with your numbers and my calculation i have got $322/month including 8% CA tax. and 0 down of course. This is based on fare profit/offer to the dealer of 3%. What do you think?

Are you saying that your offer to the dealer is 3% over invoice? You should be much closer to invoice - check the pricing tools at the top of the page.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• roadrageeroadragee CaliforniaPosts: 70
    edited May 25

Sat down at a dealer in So.Cal to talk numbers today - Prius Hatchback Five trim.

Dealer quote------------------------------
    MSRP $31040
    Price $26435 (including $1000 rebate)
    Residual 57%
    MF 0.00101
    Fees + Tag + Other $1046
    Payment $346

My excel sheet----
    MF 0.00001
    Payment $297

They are insisting on MF with a substantial mark-up over the posted 0.00001. I've told them No Way. After couple rounds of going back and forth, the top man came out and told me 'No Deal', and I simply walked away.

He said with their low 'Price', MF 0.00101 is the best they can do. I don't get his rational. If I finance, price stays same and I get 0%. If I pay cash, they can do it even better at $25,935. Yet, for leasing they won't do the base TFS MF of 0.00001. I don't get his reasoning, but I assume they need to make more $$$ with leasing?

@roadragee said: Sat down at a dealer in So.Cal to talk numbers today - Prius Hatchback Five trim.

Dealer quote------------------------------
    MSRP $31040
    Price $26435 (including $1000 rebate)
    Residual 57%
    MF 0.00101
    Fees + Tag + Other $1046
    Payment $346

My excel sheet----
    MF 0.00001
    Payment $297

They are insisting on MF with a substantial mark-up over the posted 0.00001. I've told them No Way. After couple rounds of going back and forth, the top man came out and told me 'No Deal', and I simply walked away.

He said with their low 'Price', MF 0.00101 is the best they can do. I don't get his rational. If I finance, price stays same and I get 0%. If I pay cash, they can do it even better at $25,935. Yet, for leasing they won't do the base TFS MF of 0.00001. I don't get his reasoning, but I assume they need to make more $$$ with leasing?

There are a whole lot of Toyota dealers in SoCal - I'm sure you can find one willing to sell you a car on your terms.

You were right to walk away from a deal where the MF is marked up.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Thanks. Let see which one will be willing and ready to make the deal.

• atos2012atos2012 Posts: 30
    edited May 26

@Michaell said: Are you saying that your offer to the dealer is 3% over invoice? You should be much closer to invoice - check the pricing tools at the top of the page.

No, i am saying 3% over the actual car cost to dealer (holdback, incentives etc.) What pricing tool you are talking about? couldn't find it.

** Saved Money - Earned Money **

edited May 29

@atos2012 said: No, i am saying 3% over the actual car cost to dealer (holdback, incentives etc.) What pricing tool you are talking about? couldn't find it.

At the top of each discussion page are pull down for make model and year. Selecting the car you want will take you to the edmunds pricing tools.

edited May 29

@michaell yeah i already got it )) thank you, so what does dealer contribution mean?

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,747

@atos2012 said: michaell yeah i already got it )) thank you, so what does dealer contribution mean?

In an advertised lease, "dealer contribution" is the discount from MSRP, before any incentives are applied

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

@kyfd ok, good to know, thanks

edited June 1

So, another dealership visit today in So California. This one will indeed sell me the Prius package Five on my terms

MSRP $31040
    Price $26435 (incl. $1000 rebate)
    36 month - 12k/year
    Residual 57%
    MF 0.00001
    $0 Down - $297 including tax.

Will sign and pick up the car tomorrow.

Big 'Thanks' to the team at Edmunds, esp @Michaell and @kyfdx Wouldn't have done it without valuable Residual & MF information from this forum!

@roadragee said: So, another dealership visit today in So California. This one will indeed sell me the Prius package Five on my terms

MSRP $31040
    Price $26435 (incl. $1000 rebate)
    36 month - 12k/year
    Residual 57%
    MF 0.00001
    $0 Down - $297 including tax.

Will sign and pick up the car tomorrow.

Big 'Thanks' to the team at Edmunds, esp Michaell and kyfdx Wouldn't have done it without valuable Residual & MF information from this forum!

Looks like a solid deal - under $300/mo for a $30K car is a great payment. Enjoy!

Ended up not leasing due to some matters. However, it just means now I will have get this done this month. Do you have June MF and residual for Prius 36month-12k/year on Prius pkg Five?

Thanks

@roadragee said: Ended up not leasing due to some matters. However, it just means now I will have get this done this month. Do you have June MF and residual for Prius 36month-12k/year on Prius pkg Five?
    Thanks

.00001 MF and 57% residual

• aytayt Posts: 8

Hello.. I am new at this. I am interested in leasing a 2014 Prius (model 3). I was quoted a lease price of $283 per month (tax included) with $1,000 down at 15K miles per year over the phone with a dealership in California. Can you please let me know if this a good deal or close to it for that model. Thank you for you input and help

edited June 9

@ayt said: Hello.. I am new at this. I am interested in leasing a 2014 Prius (model 3). I was quoted a lease price of $283 per month (tax included) with $1,000 down at 15K miles per year over the phone with a dealership in California. Can you please let me know if this a good deal or close to it for that model. Thank you for you input and help

We will need the MSRP and the negotiated selling price of the vehicle in question in order to evaluate the deal for you.

Also, what was the lease term?

The MSPR is $26,575 and the lease term is 36 months. The $1,000 down includes the 1st payment. I don't have the negotiated selling price.

The MSPR is $26,575 and the lease term is 36 months. The $1,000 down includes the 1st payment. the selling price is $25,950...please let me know if good deal or how close...thank you

Sorry... I wrote the wrong selling of $25,950...the correct selling price on the deal is $25,096

@ayt said: Sorry... I wrote the wrong selling of $25,950...the correct selling price on the deal is $25,096

Using your MSRP and selling price with the MF of .00001 and residual of 59%, I get a pre-tax payment of $261.98 for 36 months. 9% tax takes the payment to $285.56, so very close to the $283/mo you were quoted.

• lijelije Posts: 3
    edited June 17

I got a 36 month lease (12,000 miles/yr) in NJ for a 2014 Prius Four (Blizzard Pearl) for $1,000 down (inclusive of first month payment) and $290/month (inclusive of taxes). Good deal?

@lije said: I got a 36 month lease (12,000 miles/yr) in NJ for a 2014 Prius Four (Blizzard Pearl) for $1,000 down (inclusive of first month payment) and $290/month (inclusive of taxes). Good deal?

Seems decent .. what were the MSRP and selling price?

MSRP on sticker is $28,435. Gross Capitalized Cost is $29,055.06. Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $27,201.06. Which one is considered the selling price?

@lije said: MSRP on sticker is $28,435. Gross Capitalized Cost is $29,055.06. Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $27,201.06. Which one is considered the selling price?

None of them, probably...

The Gross CAP cost is the selling price plus additions (like acquisition fee, etc). Adjusted CAP cost is the same as Net CAP cost, which is the Gross CAP minus subtractions (rebates and downpayment/trade equity).

Ah so the selling price is probably $27,576.67 which is the agreed upon value of the vehicle stated on the lease contract.

• jbrady3324jbrady3324 Posts: 33

I am looking to lease a Prius Two/Three this weekend. Any target prices I should aim for? Based on truecar via my employer, a buy price of $21,100 (two) and 22,400 (three) are being offered. The only reason I am considering the three is to get the moonroof.

I prefer as little down as possible and plan on neg car price with the dealer.

Any advice?

• mtbamtba Posts: 2
    edited June 24

Just got an offer on a lease for a PIP in Northern California. Is this a good deal? 2014 Prius Plug in base model 36 month / 15K miles per year Drive off (First payment + DMV) = $499 Monthly payment: $249 (including tax) After much negotiation this is the lowest I could get, should I go forward with it?

Holy Cow! That seems awfully cheap. What is the MSRP?

• mtbamtba Posts: 2
    edited June 24

If that is the car you want, I'd grab it..

edited July 8

Are numbers for July-August same as June for Prius Hatchback Package 5?
    and for package Three?

June numbers were... [pkg FIVE] 0.00001 MF and 57% residual [pkg THREE] 0.00001 MF and 59% residual

Thamks.