Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,962

@psquared said: Looking for Feb. rates on the A5 convertible quattro tip premium plus 36/39/42 10/12k. Thanks

.00093 MF and 54% for 36mo, 12K/yr. Add 1% for 10K/yr

.00113 MF and 52% for 39/12, .00113 MF and 50% for 42/12

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• serephsereph Posts: 2

Thanks kyfdx! My search is going into March now sigh. Did the MF/Residual change this month for the coupe, prestige package? Or did it stay the same?

@sereph said: Thanks kyfdx! My search is going into March now sigh. Did the MF/Residual change this month for the coupe, prestige package? Or did it stay the same?

The numbers haven't changed.

• ryankchenryankchen Posts: 3

Hey kyfdx,

Could you tell me the numbers for a A5 Premium 36 mo. 12k/yr lease? Thanks very much!

@ryankchen said: Hey kyfdx,

Could you tell me the numbers for a A5 Premium 36 mo. 12k/yr lease? Thanks very much!

.00103 MF and 55% residual

Thanks for the quick answer! I'm wondering, how is MF decided? The dealer seems to be quoting me using a 0.002992 MF. Where does the discrepancy between that and the 0.00103 come from?

@ryankchen said: Thanks for the quick answer! I'm wondering, how is MF decided? The dealer seems to be quoting me using a 0.002992 MF. Where does the discrepancy between that and the 0.00103 come from?

I'd say there is a communication problem between you and the dealership... There isn't likely to be a money factor that goes to 6 digits past the decimal point. They might be marking up the money factor for extra profit, but they would never come up with that number.

Thanks kyfdx! You were right, it was not that high, I got the calculation wrong. Their quoted MF is actually 0.00152 which is much closer to 0.00103 than what I originally thought.

I suppose I'll try to get them as close to 0.00103 as possible haha. Thanks a lot.

• yrjwyrjw Posts: 4
    edited March 9
    Could you please tell me the numbers for a 2014 A5 Premium plus s-line coupe 36 mo & 42 mo. 12k/yr lease for march? Thanks very much!

@yrjw said: Could you please tell me the numbers for a 2014 A5 Premium plus s-line coupe 36 mo & 42 mo. 12k/yr lease for march? Thanks very much!

.00106 MF and 55% residual for 36 mo, 12K/yr

.00126 MF and 51% residual for 42 mo, 12K/yr

• callalindcallalind Posts: 6

Does Audi allow for MSDs? Any idea what the MF deduction is for them?

• callalindcallalind Posts: 6

And another question...when calculating lease payments, I have noticed most spreadsheet models I find figure out the monthly rent charge by applying the money factor to the total of the residual value + the negotiated sales price (then divided by the number of months). It seems odd to me that one would be charged rent on the residual portion, since that's not part of the rental. I feel like the rent charge should only be applied to the difference between the residual and the negotiated sales price. Any insight?

@callalind said: Does Audi allow for MSDs? Any idea what the MF deduction is for them?

They do... but, I don't

@callalind said: And another question...when calculating lease payments, I have noticed most spreadsheet models I find figure out the monthly rent charge by applying the money factor to the total of the residual value + the negotiated sales price (then divided by the number of months). It seems odd to me that one would be charged rent on the residual portion, since that's not part of the rental. I feel like the rent charge should only be applied to the difference between the residual and the negotiated sales price. Any insight?

Technically, you are being charged finance charges on an average of the CAP cost and residual value... Rather than divide that number by 2, they just account for it with a money factor that is half the number it would be, otherwise. Finance charges on a lease mimic what they would be on a loan. You start out owing the full price, eventually owing the residual value at the end of the lease (which you pay off by turning the car in).

It helps if you visualize what is actually happening when you lease. A bank buys the car from the dealer, then rents it to you.. So, the bank is putting out the full purchase price, and that is what you are paying finance charges on.. but, just like a loan, the payoff comes down some each month (depreciation), until the last month, you are only paying finance charges on the residual. (which is why it's an average of the residual and CAP cost).

You are renting the whole car... not just the depreciation..

• yrjwyrjw Posts: 4

Thank you kyfdx! with your help I was able to lease a 2014 A5 Premium plus s-line coupe for 36 mo, 12K/yr with 55% residual and 0.00125 MF.(plz tell me this is a good deal) They couldn't do any better with the MF but I was able to get a decent discount on the car! My brand new A5 is intransit from factory and it'll be here by end of this month! Thanks again for you help kyfdx!!

Congrats! Let us know how you like it. I've always thought the A5 looked like a much more expensive vehicle.

• tomy3tomy3 Posts: 20

Looking for the MF and residual % for the Audi A5 Convertible-Premium currently available.

@tomy3 said: Looking for the MF and residual % for the Audi A5 Convertible-Premium currently available.

FWD? 36mo, 15K/yr?

.00037 MF and 50% residual

• tampa_leetampa_lee Posts: 12

Looking for MF and residual on a 2014 A5 Premium PLus S-Line model for 3yr and 15k miles.yr

@yrjw said: What did you negotiate the selling price to be on this car? I am looking at one now....

Thank you kyfdx! with your help I was able to lease a 2014 A5 Premium plus s-line coupe for 36 mo, 12K/yr with 55% residual and 0.00125 MF.(plz tell me this is a good deal) They couldn't do any better with the MF but I was able to get a decent discount on the car! My brand new A5 is intransit from factory and it'll be here by end of this month! Thanks again for you help kyfdx!!

REPOST- Looking for MF and residual on a 2014 A5 Premium PLus S-Line model for 3yr and 15k miles.yr

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,537

@tampa_lee said: REPOST- Looking for MF and residual on a 2014 A5 Premium PLus S-Line model for 3yr and 15k miles.yr

.00092 and 53%

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ne1ggne1gg Posts: 3

@kyfdx@Edmunds said: They do... but, I don't

MSD's is .00005 discount for each single deposit payment -> maximum of nine deposits (.00045 discount)

Thanks!

thank you everyone!

• at1327at1327 Posts: 1

Good morning. I was wondering the MF and residuals for a 36 month 10k lease on an RS5 Cabriolet, S5 cabriolet (Prestige) and S5 cabriolet (Premium Plus) (all with quattro). Thanks for the help.

@at1327 said: Good morning. I was wondering the MF and residuals for a 36 month 10k lease on an RS5 Cabriolet, S5 cabriolet (Prestige) and S5 cabriolet (Premium Plus) (all with quattro). Thanks for the help.

S5 (both trims) have a MF of .00062 for 36 months

RS5 MF is .00157 for 36 months

Residuals (36/10K):

S5 Premium Plus - 56%

S5 Prestige - 54%

RS5 - 51%

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• alekshevalekshev Posts: 5

Hi, I am looking to lease 2014 Audi A5 Premium Coupe with Lighting Package for 36 months / 12K per year. Would would be the best deal in NJ considering DMV and First Payment out of pocket (everything else rolled into the monthly payment)? Thank you!

@alekshev said: Hi, I am looking to lease 2014 Audi A5 Premium Coupe with Lighting Package for 36 months / 12K per year. Would would be the best deal in NJ considering DMV and First Payment out of pocket (everything else rolled into the monthly payment)? Thank you!

I can't speak to selling prices as I'm not in the market for an A5 nor do I live in NJ, but can share with you the current MF and residual.

.00092 and 55%

• akalizzyakalizzy Posts: 3

i am looking for the MF and residual value % on 2014 Audi A5 convertible. premium model with heated sets as the only option added.