Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Cougar or Audi A6?

sir_northsir_north Posts: 0
edited January 25 in Audi

Hi! I'm in the process of buying another car, and thought I would ask around for opinions from other enthusiasts.

I'm looking for a reliable daily driver that is fun to drive, but also a good long distance cruiser.

So far I've found two reasonable options around budget:

I can get a 2000 Ford Cougar with the 2.5 V6 in excellent condition and with fairly low milage. Manual trans. These appear to be reliable, and I like the looks. Not sure about the interior, and would like a more powerful engine. Would prefer auto trans & cruise control for long distance driving, but that hurts performance too much on these, apparently.

I can get an Audi A6 2.8 Quattro saloon/sedan from around the same year with a Tiptronic trans, but it's going to be higher milage. These have a much nicer interior. Should also be slightly faster (but still not really as fast as I'd like). I hear they are high maintenance, so maybe a more costly option in general?

Any advice on the options above? Other alternatives to consider? Really appreciate all opinions on this!

Ford Cougar or Audi A6?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Tagged: