Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Toyota 4-Runner Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,224

@potstill said: Totally 100% sure on those figures kyfdx‌ ?
    I'm going to argue like hell with a sales guy tomorrow morning...

I'm never 100% sure on Toyota figures... They have dozens of regions, and distributorships that don't use TFS figures... Those numbers did come from the LA region, though.

Something to keep in mind about Toyota residuals. They only apply to base cars. Higher priced units, with a lot of options tend to have lower overall percentage residuals. Before you start offering, pick a car, and ask for the residual on that vehicle.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• automan822automan822 Posts: 10

When the August MF, and residuals come in, can you post for 24/12, 36/12 4-Runner SR-5 in CA., thanks

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,663

@automan822 said: When the August MF, and residuals come in, can you post for 24/12, 36/12 4-Runner SR-5 in CA., thanks

The only Toyota numbers we have at the moment are for the Gulf States region; as Toyota has so many different programs regionally, I don't have anything that would be valid in CA, sorry.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• taekimtaekim Posts: 2

do you have rate and residual for NJ on SR5, Trail and Limited? 10K or 12K miles, 36 months? Thank you!!

@taekim said: do you have rate and residual for NJ on SR5, Trail and Limited? 10K or 12K miles, 36 months? Thank you!!

We don't have any numbers for NJ from Toyota this month, sorry!

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• ROBRTM5ROBRTM5 MIAMI FLORIDAPosts: 19
    Hi Kyfdx - Can you please share the MF and residual for a 2014 4Runner limited 24/12 and 36/12.

Thank you

RM

@ROBRTM5 said: Hi Kyfdx - Can you please share the MF and residual for a 2014 4Runner limited 24/12 and 36/12.
    Thank you
    RM

Assuming you are in the SouthEast Toyota Distributor area?

.00197 MF

But, I don't have any solid residual information.

• Hi Kyfdx - Need your assistance. I am looking for SR5 Premium/regular model with 3rd row seats (compulsory) in Memphis, TN.

What is the MF and residuals on 24/12 and 36/12. I dont want to pay more than $350 a month on my lease. Please advise if I can get a 4runner lease for around $350 with zero down?

thanks

@ronnyme77 said: Hi Kyfdx - Need your assistance. I am looking for SR5 Premium/regular model with 3rd row seats (compulsory) in Memphis, TN.

What is the MF and residuals on 24/12 and 36/12. I dont want to pay more than $350 a month on my lease. Please advise if I can get a 4runner lease for around $350 with zero down?

thanks

.00185 MF. No residual information available.

Without knowing the MSRP and selling price, we won't be able to model a payment, though $350/mo does seem a bit of a stretch.

• New member on these forums, thanks in advance for your help.

I just got quoted the following at my local Toyota dealership:

Dealership is in TN
    36 months @ 15K/year
    $1,000 cash back
    $7,000 Trade-In Allowance (2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport)
    $21,270 Residual
    Monthly Lease Payment $412

Seems high to me, but I respectfully submit to other's opinions. This will be my first lease and the process and terms are a bit more complicated than buying. Thanks Again!
  • Sorry, it's a 2014 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 (with Nav and Entune).
    volhalla said:

New member on these forums, thanks in advance for your help.

2014 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 (with Nav and Entune)
    Dealership is in TN
    36 months @ 15K/year
    $1,000 cash back
    $21,270 Residual
    MSRP $36670

Seems high to me, but I respectfully submit to other's opinions. This will be my first lease and the process and terms are a bit more complicated than buying. Thanks Again!

What is the breakdown of the $7000 of trade equity? Do you know the selling price?

Toyota leases are notoriously hard to decipher. Options are not residualized the same way as for other brands.

• The sale price of the 4Runner is $36670. Not sure what you mean by break down of trade equity...sorry. I'm trading in a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport (hard&soft tops/4.0 L/4WD) with 158K miles.
    volhalla said:

The sale price of the 4Runner is $36670. Not sure what you mean by break down of trade equity...sorry. I'm trading in a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport (hard&soft tops/4.0 L/4WD) with 158K miles.

Your original post showed the MSRP as $36,670 .. is the sale price lower?

The dealer has told you that the trade in value of your Jeep is $7000. There are start up costs associated with a lease that you can cover with that equity (or you can pay it out of pocket). This includes the first months payment, acquisition and dealer fees, and possibly taxes.

The equity can also be used to lower the sale price and your monthly payment - though we don't recommend you do this, because if the new car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money.

Ask your dealer what your payment would be if they simply gave you a check for your trade in.

What state is this in? Tax obligations vary wildly depending on where you live.

• Thanks Michaell-

The sale price will be $36670, I'm pretty sure this is what they're basing the lease payments on.

I'm not sure exactly what they are using my T/A equity for, but I'll find out when I meet with them this afternoon.

I live and will be purchasing this vehicle in Tennessee (Nashville Area). Our tax rate is 9.25%.
    volhalla said:

Thanks Michaell-

The sale price will be $36670, I'm pretty sure this is what they're basing the lease payments on.

I'm not sure exactly what they are using my T/A equity for, but I'll find out when I meet with them this afternoon.

I live and will be purchasing this vehicle in Tennessee (Nashville Area). Our tax rate is 9.25%.

The way a lease works is that the MSRP is used to calculate the residual amount, and the sale price is used to calculate the monthly depreciation. Every $1000 you save on the sale price equates to a $28/mo savings on your lease payment (for a 36 month lease). So, it behooves you to try to get the lowest price possible.

volhalla said:

New member on these forums, thanks in advance for your help.

Dealership is in TN
    36 months @ 15K/year
    $1,000 cash back
    $21,270 Residual

Seems high to me, too.. Amortizing the $7000 trade, your payment is almost $600/mo. for a $36K car.. I would shop around.. 4Runners have great resale. Before I'd lease at that amount, I'd just buy it and with the $7K down, have payments of $600/mo for 60 months.

• Looking for 4Runner lease numbers on 2014 SR5 premium 3/45k please. Also 2014 Limited 3/45k. Northern Cal.

Does anyone know the 2015 numbers yet?

thanks!

ttribeca said:

Looking for 4Runner lease numbers on 2014 SR5 premium 3/45k please. Also 2014 Limited 3/45k. Northern Cal.

Does anyone know the 2015 numbers yet?

thanks!

MF is .00082 and 61% MF

• volhallavolhalla Posts: 7
    edited September 15
    Thanks KYFDX. They bumped us up to a black SR5 Premium (with leather and remote start) and an MSRP of $40,408 for the same monthly payment of $412. The new residual is $22,643. We will probably purchase it at the end of the lease. It seemed like a much better deal so we took it. Thanks again for your help.
  • @ronnyme77 said: Hi Kyfdx - Need your assistance. I am looking for SR5 Premium/regular model with 3rd row seats (compulsory) in Memphis, TN.

thanks

.00185 MF. No residual information available.

Without knowing the MSRP and selling price, we won't be able to model a payment, though $350/mo does seem a bit of a stretch.

Kyfdx - A dealer in Arkansas gave me the following OTD prices.

1. 1. SR5 regular (black) - $35,983
    2. SR5 Prem (Gray) - $39,520
    3. SR5 Prem (Black) - $38,441.

All have 3rd row seating. When I asked her for lease quotes she said only SR% Prem is available and quoted me a lease of $554.28 per month. I dont know where she got his rate. With a quote of $35,983 what is the best lease deal I can get for 12000/36 months lease. Zero down.

I have asked her if she can send me the calculations so that I can check.
  • @Vollaha you are paying a total of $44475 for a $40,408. thats almost $4000 up.
  • I am trying for a SR5 black 3rd row seating for OTD of $35,000. Has anyone done that kind of deal here. Once I have this price I would try to negotiate a lease of $350 per month. Lets see how for I can go.
  • cewozcewoz Posts: 8
    Any NJ numbers on a trail premium sales price $37981 w/ msrp $40161.
    MF? RV?

cewoz said:

Any NJ numbers on a trail premium sales price $37981 w/ msrp $40161.

MF? RV?

I've got a MF of .00147 for 36 months, but no residual information. Be advised that Toyota leases don't always work the same as other manufacturers; they don't residualize options the same way.

• What are the current MF and residuals for a 36 mos/12k and 15k lease on a 2014 4Runner:
    SR5 and SR5 Premium
    alex_msu1 said:

What are the current MF and residuals for a 36 mos/12k and 15k lease on a 2014 4Runner:
    SR5 and SR5 Premium

MF of .00147 for 36 months, but no residual information. Be advised that Toyota leases don't always work the same as other manufacturers; they don't residualize options the same way.

• Looking for MF/Residual on 2014 SR5 Premium or Limited on 36mo/12k (or 10k if available) in Indiana. Thanks!!!