Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Toyota Camry Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,273
    dylrex said:

For the 2014.5 Camry SE , I see in a prior post the numbers are .00001 MF and 66% residual for 24/12K. Are those numbers the same for the Cincinnati area?
    Thank you!

Perhaps .. the Toyota lease numbers are very regional, and we don't get all the regions. It should be the same, but I cannot guarantee it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Will_camryWill_camry Member Posts: 8
    New to leasing and have a few questions. I saw advertised price for 2014.5 camry LE for $79 per month with $1789 down payment. I am rolling all fee's and taxes into payment. Dealer offered me $135 per month for 24 months with 10k miles allowance. I am a little confused how it totals to an extra of $56 per month from advertised. Sales tax is 7% and $2250 bonus from TFS. End of lease purchase is $15422 and MRSP is $24005. Could you confirm if it is correct and a good deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

New to leasing and have a few questions. I saw advertised price for 2014.5 camry LE for $79 per month with $1789 down payment. I am rolling all fee's and taxes into payment. Dealer offered me $135 per month for 24 months with 10k miles allowance. I am a little confused how it totals to an extra of $56 per month from advertised. Sales tax is 7% and $2250 bonus from TFS. End of lease purchase is $15422 and MRSP is $24005. Could you confirm if it is correct and a good deal?

When you lease for just 24 months, fixed costs are spread over fewer months... $56 X 24 = $1344. What you want from the dealer is the selling price of the vehicle and the Net CAP cost, and an itemization of the amounts that make the CAP cost different from the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Will_camryWill_camry Member Posts: 8
    I received more information today. They advertised $79 per month but it is now $135 per month with $1795 down with taxes and fees. Does the math seem right?

MSRP: 24,020
    Inv: 22,375
    Selling: 21,540
    NJ Tax: 490.22
    Bank Fee: 650.00
    1ST Pmt: 135.00
    Doc Fee: 399.00
    Temp Tag: 10.00

Residual value: 15,422.90

I received more information today. They advertised $79 per month but it is now $135 per month with $1795 down with taxes and fees. Does the math seem right?

MSRP: 24,020
    Inv: 22,375
    Selling: 21,540
    NJ Tax: 490.22
    Bank Fee: 650.00
    1ST Pmt: 135.00
    Doc Fee: 399.00
    Temp Tag: 10.00

Residual value: 15,422.90

When you average it all out, it's about $210/mo. for a 24 month lease on a $24,000 MSRP car.. Not a bad deal, at all.. Regardless of the original advertised price.

None of those fees seem out of line (though a $399 doc fee is kind of steep, but typical for NJ).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jarbljarbl Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2014
    Can I get the residual and MF for a 2015 XSE V6 on a 36 month, 15k/year lease in Arizona?
    edited November 2014
    I
    jarbl said:

Can I get the residual and MF for a 2015 XSE V6 on a 36 month, 15k/year lease in Arizona?

.00085 and 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• beemergolf24beemergolf24 Member Posts: 18
    Hello can you please provide latest lease numbers for a Camry LE, 12k per year in Jersey? Thanks so much

Hello can you please provide latest lease numbers for a Camry LE, 12k per year in Jersey? Thanks so much

Can't guarantee these are the correct numbers for NJ, but it's the best I've got:

2014.5 - .00001 and 57% for 36/12

2015 - .00085 and 64% for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I took the 63% to my dealer and he showed me some "invoice" document that shows the residual as a $ figure that equates to about 57% of MSRP. Is this right or is he messing with me? It is a v6 xse with only the $500 blind spot monitor option. 
    MSRP is 33,843. Selling price is 31,122. Residual is 19,497. 
    jarbl said:

I took the 63% to my dealer and he showed me some "invoice" document that shows the residual as a $ figure that equates to about 57% of MSRP. Is this right or is he messing with me? It is a v6 xse with only the $500 blind spot monitor option. 
    MSRP is 33,843. Selling price is 31,122. Residual is 19,497. 

No.. your dealer is correct. Toyota doesn't residualize all of the options. So, residual percentages are only accurate (if then) on base models. The only way to get the actual residual for a specific model is off of the invoice..

One more reason that I've never leased a Toyota.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kbraz1kbraz1 Member Posts: 22
    Can you give me residual value and money factor in NY for 2015 Camry hybrid SE for both 24/12 and 36/12? Thanks
    kbraz1 said:

Can you give me residual value and money factor in NY for 2015 Camry hybrid SE for both 24/12 and 36/12? Thanks

36/12 - .00073 and 65%

24/12 - .00073 and 74%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. Do you know if residual values should be calculated off of invoice price, MSRP, or the actual cap cost they offer? The dealers I have asked for the residual give a dollar figure rather than a percentage and that figure has been consistent for each of the dealers. However I'm not sure how to tell whether it matches the percentage you gave
    kbraz1 said:

Thanks. Do you know if residual values should be calculated off of invoice price, MSRP, or the actual cap cost they offer? The dealers I have asked for the residual give a dollar figure rather than a percentage and that figure has been consistent for each of the dealers. However I'm not sure how to tell whether it matches the percentage you gave

The residual is calculated off the MSRP.

However ... Toyota doesn't residualize their options the way other manufacturers do, so it makes it difficult for us to figure out the lease payment. Even the dealer has to review the option sheet to determine the residual value, which may explain why you are getting dollar amounts and not percentages.

Leasing a Honda (or Nissan, or Hyundai, or Mazda) is so much easier by comparison...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. If a few dealers are giving the same dollar figure residual value, do you think that means it is not negotiable, even if it comes out lower than the set percentages? I assume they are all getting the same number from Toyota
    kbraz1 said:

Thanks. If a few dealers are giving the same dollar figure residual value, do you think that means it is not negotiable, even if it comes out lower than the set percentages? I assume they are all getting the same number from Toyota

Residual percentages are fixed by Toyota Financial Services and cannot be modified by the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    I am looking for the December money factor and residual percentage for Rhode Island for the 2015 Toyota Camry SE (automatic) with 10K miles per year Is any lease cash available? Thanks!

I am looking for the December money factor and residual percentage for Rhode Island for the 2015 Toyota Camry SE (automatic) with 10K miles per year Is any lease cash available? Thanks!

.00060 and 64% for 36/12 - Toyota does not support 10K leases. No lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited December 2014
    Does this seem to be a good deal in NY for a 24 mos. lease of a 2015 Toyota Cambry Hybrid SE with moonroof package:

MSRP: $31,260
    Adjusted cap cost: $29,233
    Residual value: $21,936
    MF: .00060
    Taxes: $720
    Fees: $132.50
    Down payment: $1300
    Monthly lease payment: $368.96
    kbraz1 said:

Does this seem to be a good deal in NY for a 24 mos. lease of a 2015 Toyota Cambry Hybrid SE with moonroof package:

MSRP: $31,260
    Adjusted cap cost: $29,233
    Residual value: $21,936
    MF: .00060
    Taxes: $720
    Fees: $132.50
    Down payment: $1300
    Monthly lease payment: $368.96

$336.96 before tax. Another good quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell. Are you able to tell me how you figured the lease payment. I take the figures the dealer gave me and plug them into a few online calculators but they all come out different from each other and from the dealer's numbers. It all seems rather opaque to me and I would like to get a sense of how the dealer calculates the numbers
    kbraz1 said:

Thanks Michaell. Are you able to tell me how you figured the lease payment. I take the figures the dealer gave me and plug them into a few online calculators but they all come out different from each other and from the dealer's numbers. It all seems rather opaque to me and I would like to get a sense of how the dealer calculates the numbers

I built my own lease calculator using a spreadsheet .. nothing more complicated than 4th grade math.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited December 2014
    Can you share how the calculations are actually done? I found a site that states monthly payment should be the sum of the following:

(Cap cost plus fees) minus residual) divided by lease term = monthly depreciation cost
    (Cap cost plus fees) plus residual) multiplied by money factor = monthly interest payment
    Sum of depreciation cost and interest payment multiplied by tax rate = monthly tax payment

However, when I use this formula, I get a much lower payment. Does this sound like the right formula to use?
    kbraz1 said:

Can you share how the calculations are actually done? I found a site that states monthly payment should be the sum of the following:

(Cap cost plus fees) minus residual) divided by lease term = monthly depreciation cost
    (Cap cost plus fees) plus residual) multiplied by money factor = monthly interest payment
    Sum of depreciation cost and interest payment multiplied by tax rate = monthly tax payment

However, when I use this formula, I get a much lower payment. Does this sound like the right formula to use?

Looks right.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

OK. Taking the above figures as follows I get a different number than you

(Cap cost $29,233 + 133 fees - $1300 down - $21,936 residual) divided by 24 mos. = $255.42
    (Cap cost $29,233 + 133 fees - $1300 down + $21,936 residual) divided x .0006 MF = $30

This comes out before taxes to monthly payment of $288.42. Your figure before taxes is $336.96.

Am I missing something or doing it wrong? Just want to make sure because when I am sitting down with the dealer, I want to make sure his lease calculations are correct.

Thanks so much for your help
    kbraz1 said:

(Cap cost $29,233 + 133 fees - $1300 down - $21,936 residual) divided by 24 mos. = $255.42
    (Cap cost $29,233 + 133 fees - $1300 down + $21,936 residual) divided x .0006 MF = $30

This comes out before taxes to monthly payment of $288.42. Your figure before taxes is $336.96.

Am I missing something or doing it wrong? Just want to make sure because when I am sitting down with the dealer, I want to make sure his lease calculations are correct.

@Michaell likely assumed that your "$1300 down" was the amount Due at Signing, and included 1st payment, acq.fee, doc fee, etc.. and didn't actually include a CAP cost reduction.

To simplify your calculation, instead of adding fees, subtracting down payments, etc.. just make that first figure the NET CAP Cost (similar to the amount financed on a loan).

When leasing, you should always ask for that number, and see how it matches up to what you think you are paying for the car... some downpayments aren't really downpayments, if you know what I mean..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

kbraz1 said:

@Michaell likely assumed that your "$1300 down" was the amount Due at Signing, and included 1st payment, acq.fee, doc fee, etc.. and didn't actually include a CAP cost reduction.

To simplify your calculation, instead of adding fees, subtracting down payments, etc.. just make that first figure the NET CAP Cost (similar to the amount financed on a loan).

When leasing, you should always ask for that number, and see how it matches up to what you think you are paying for the car... some downpayments aren't really downpayments, if you know what I mean..
    What @kyfdx‌ said .... that's exactly the assumption I made.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi - I heard from one dealer that Toyota is now offering $500 in lease cash bonus on all leases of the 2015 Camry Hybrid. However, the dealer from whom I have the best offer so far, said he has not heard of this incentive but if it exists at the time I sign the lease, I would be entitled to it.

Can you let me know if Toyota is actually offering this $500 cash bonus lease incentive now on the 2015 Camry Hybrid and if so, through what date? Thanks
    kbraz1 said:

Hi - I heard from one dealer that Toyota is now offering $500 in lease cash bonus on all leases of the 2015 Camry Hybrid. However, the dealer from whom I have the best offer so far, said he has not heard of this incentive but if it exists at the time I sign the lease, I would be entitled to it.

Can you let me know if Toyota is actually offering this $500 cash bonus lease incentive now on the 2015 Camry Hybrid and if so, through what date? Thanks

If there has been any mid-month changes to the lease information or incentives, we wouldn't know about it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    Michaell said:

.00060 and 64% for 36/12 - Toyota does not support 10K leases. No lease cash
    Thanks!

• moodyhankmoodyhank Member Posts: 240
    Hello,

Can I get the 36/15 (or another lease term if that is a sweeter spot) numbers for 2015 LE in WA?

Thanks!
    moodyhank said:

Hello,

Can I get the 36/15 (or another lease term if that is a sweeter spot) numbers for 2015 LE in WA?

Thanks!

.00060 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• moodyhankmoodyhank Member Posts: 240
    Michaell said:

moodyhank said:

Hello,

Thanks!

.00060 and 62%
    Thank you very much! Can I also get the numbers for SE Hybrid?
    moodyhank said:

Michaell said:

moodyhank said:

Hello,

Thanks!

.00060 and 62%
    Thank you very much! Can I also get the numbers for SE Hybrid?
    .00073 and 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• carguy513carguy513 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please provide the MF/Residual on a 24/10 in WA for the 2015 LE
    carguy513 said:

Can you please provide the MF/Residual on a 24/10 in WA for the 2015 LE

.00060 and 73% for 24/12. Toyota does not support 10K leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• anoceranocer Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Hello!

What are the Residuals and MFs for a 24mo/36mo 12k miles on a 2015 Hybrid XLE in Southern California?

Are the numbers better in Iowa?

Any incentives or deals this month or coming up next month?

Thank you!
    anocer said:

Hello!

What are the Residuals and MFs for a 24mo/36mo 12k miles on a 2015 Hybrid XLE in Southern California?

Are the numbers better in Iowa?

Any incentives or deals this month or coming up next month?

Thank you!

.00056 MF for either 24 or 36 months. $750 lease cash.

Can't predict what will happen with the numbers for February.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited January 2015
    Michaell said:

Thank you Michaell! Great to know about the $750 lease cash.

Can you please share the Residual Value for 24/36mo w/ 12k for the XLE Hybrid?

Does Toyota do 27/30/33 month leases?

And is an increase from 12k to 15k a flat 1% reduction of the residual value? Same for 18k? (or what is the mileage increase to % inc trend?)
    anocer said:

Michaell said:

Thank you Michaell! Great to know about the $750 lease cash.

Can you please share the Residual Value for 24/36mo w/ 12k for the XLE Hybrid?

And is an increase from 12k to 15k a flat 1% reduction of the residual value? Same for 18k? (or what is the mileage increase to % inc trend?)
    I don't have any residual values - Toyota doesn't make it easy to understand, as they don't residualize all the options the same way other manufacturers do.

Moving from 12K to 15K usually results in a 2% reduction in the residual. Toyota doesn't support 18K leases; you'll likely have to pre-purchase those miles up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

I don't have any residual values - Toyota doesn't make it easy to understand, as they don't residualize all the options the same way other manufacturers do.

I'm sorry as I am confused - is it that you don't have residuals for the Hybrid XLE or for Southern California or something else?

I only ask because I see above some residual values posted for the Hybrid SE at 63%, for example.

Thank you again in advance!

anocer said:

Michaell said:

I'm sorry as I am confused - is it that you don't have residuals for the Hybrid XLE or for Southern California or something else?

I only ask because I see above some residual values posted for the Hybrid SE at 63%, for example.

Thank you again in advance!

The 63% number may have been from December.

The numbers change each month, but the information we were provided with from Toyota for January does not include any residual values - for any models. Or any geographies.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• edsmed1edsmed1 Member Posts: 11
    Hello,

May I get the numbers on a 2015 camry le and xle in St. Louis on a 3yr/12k mile lease?

Thanks in advance.
  • carandetccarandetc Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2015
    anocer said:

I can confirm I was offered a 30 month lease term, it came out about $1 cheaper/month that 36 month.

edsmed1 said:

Hello,

May I get the numbers on a 2015 camry le and xle in St. Louis on a 3yr/12k mile lease?

Thanks in advance.

.00043 MF, but no residual information from Toyota this month. Toyota has an odd method of establishing residual values - specific options are included or excluded. The dealer even has to look it up, it's that confusing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dylrexdylrex Member Posts: 111
    Can you please provide the numbesr for the 2015 Camry SE for 24/12 and 36/12? I'm located in the Cincinnati area. Thank you.
    dylrex said:

Can you please provide the numbesr for the 2015 Camry SE for 24/12 and 36/12? I'm located in the Cincinnati area. Thank you.

.00025 MF and 71% / 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lquestionslquestions Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2015
    Can I get MF and residual for 2015 Camry se without options for 36mo/12k, and same for xse and le. I live in Los Angeles, CA. Thanks for all the work u do.
This discussion has been closed.