Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Toyota Highlander Lease Questions

Comments

• boatguy2boatguy2 Posts: 3

I have a question on leasing. Does the manufacturer set the MF and residual? Or dealer? And does it vary state to state? I've been told by a local dealer here in Northern IL, this is the case and all toyota dealers must use the same numbers. My lease quote was based on a MF of .00180 and 59.52 residual for a 36 month 12k per year lease. This was on a limited platinum.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

@boatguy2 said: I have a question on leasing. Does the manufacturer set the MF and residual? Or dealer? And does it vary state to state? I've been told by a local dealer here in Northern IL, this is the case and all toyota dealers must use the same numbers. My lease quote was based on a MF of .00180 and 59.52 residual for a 36 month 12k per year lease. This was on a limited platinum.

The finance company sets the residual and MF. The residual cannot be changed, but the MF is often marked up by the dealer for extra profit.

Toyota does have different numbers for different parts of the country.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kzevokzevo Posts: 13
    Can you please provide residual and MF for a 10k 36month lease on XLE AWD and limited for VA area. Also any incentives? Thank you .
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,809

I don't see any lease information for Highlanders, this month.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mtlawmtlaw Posts: 2

Hi All...I just found this forum. We're picking up a 2014 Highlander XLE AWD tomorrow. 36 mos., $409/mo., 12K miles/yr. Only paying first month and DMV. Long Island, NY area. Found the dealer through Costco (!). We saw the signs while shopping in Costco and figured we'd try it. They're also taking my 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS for 12800 - my payoff is 12106. I only have 7500 miles on that car. (I commute by train to work. The car sits in the parking lot all day). I think it's good, no? I'm not following all these MF numbers. Would have been good if I had found this forum earlier but I think it's turning out ok. Thanks to all for all their info

• mtlawmtlaw Posts: 2

1 more thing - this is the first time that I'm leasing a Toyota. Any horror stories about end of leases issues? Anything besides a disposition fee?

• daveb22daveb22 Posts: 18
    edited May 18

mtlaw.....what was your purchase price, residual value and money factor? That looks like a pretty good deal.

• dvrmandvrman Posts: 12
    edited May 19

I just got a quote for Highlander 2014 XLE for 35000 Selling price Capped fees (includes dest) for 650$ total taxes tax (1451 including upfront fees, license and registration) drive off 939.98 monthly rental of 445.90 before California tax or 486.03 including tax. IS there a better deal to be found in Southern Cal ? residual was 63.1 (23426/37125) MF .00180 for 36 months

• dvrmandvrman Posts: 12

@kyfdx said: I'm sorry, but we don't have any Highlander lease information, this month. I was quoted same pricing thru JUne 30 in California 63.10 residual and MF of .0018

• bdf1bdf1 Posts: 2

Just leased a new 2014 Highlander Limited (sticker $43,580). Toyota is a bit funny with residuals as unlike most, they don't use %, instead give you a residual for each car (in this case worked out to 59%). This was for 36 months/12K mileage per year. Not thrilled about the low residuals as more accustomed to Lexus and much better residuals. The Toyota offered money rate was .0017 but dealer offered .0013 through 3rd party bank.

Ended up paying no capital cost reduction, $535/month. Car was in transit. If I took one off lot, it would have been $525. Because the model is new, limited inventory and no specials.... I like to buy cars at invoice to invoice + 500. This was closer to invoice +1,000 but still a decent deal given situation.

Prefer dealing with Lexus.

• bdf1bdf1 Posts: 2

I should not the lease pament above included 7% NJ Sales Tax

Thanks for reporting in... Calculating a lease deal with Toyotas is frustrating, if you are used to a straightforward deal..

• gq3856gq3856 Posts: 39

any one have any info on the june numbers.

We don't have any solid numbers on the Highlander, except for residuals. It doesn't look like Toyota is running any special leases on this model, in any region.

• quickreplyquickreply Posts: 30

Just leased a Highlander XLE 6/12/14. No real deals/incentives out there. MSRP $39,084 Cap Cost $36,500 (dealer discount off MSRP) MF .0018 36 months/ 12K per year 63% residual $1000 down $450/month

@quickreply said: Just leased a Highlander XLE 6/12/14. No real deals/incentives out there. MSRP $39,084 Cap Cost $36,500 (dealer discount off MSRP) MF .0018 36 months/ 12K per year 63% residual $1000 down $450/month Not too bad still waiting and hoping that the mf comes down a bit.

Enjoy your new ride.

• Hi all - this forum is very informative. I got a quote yesterday for an AWD XLE 2014 (bench seat) at $472/mo + tax (in Philly it brings it right to $525/mo.). $0 down. They're also taking my old car at about $600 over what I owe on it, which is fair based on my research (so really, it's like I'm putting down $600).

They still have not shared cap cost, residual or money factor, because I know they're manipulating pricing between my trade in and the cap. Any thoughts on if I still have room to move on this? Thanks for your help!

• chuckjrchuckjr Posts: 61

@digitaltobin they can't manipulate a math equation. Call and ask for the money factor, residual and sale price of the vehicle. discussing payment only allows them to manipulate the deal.

• kchoprakchopra Posts: 4

Do we have any latest numbers for DENVER, CO for AWD XLE model? I have never leased a car so any tips or inputs will be of great help to me....

• kchoprakchopra Posts: 4

Hello friends,

Do we have any latest numbers for RWD or AWD models for DENVER, CO.

• allan62allan62 Posts: 1

Priced a 2014 Highlander Limited Platinum with a few options today. Money factor reported was .0017, residual was 56%, 15k miles 36 month...$670 per mo. I thought that was way high and the dealer did not seem interested to negotiate. The money factor seems good but the residual seems low. What should this be for Westchester County NY?

@allan62 said: Priced a 2014 Highlander Limited Platinum with a few options today. Money factor reported was .0017, residual was 56%, 15k miles 36 month...$670 per mo. I thought that was way high and the dealer did not seem interested to negotiate. The money factor seems good but the residual seems low. What should this be for Westchester County NY?

I'm showing 58% for 4x2 and 59% for 4x4 Ltd Plat. 36/15. Could be that your dealer was not quoting you TFS numbers.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

any info on july lease numbers

@gq3856 said: any info on july lease numbers

We have some numbers from Toyota.

What state are you in? Lease term and miles per year?

• daveb22daveb22 Posts: 18
    edited July 9

What are the July lease numbers for New York. 3 year, 36,000 mile lease. What is the residual and money factor for a 2014 Highlander XLE AWD?

@daveb22 said: What are the July lease numbers for New York. 3 year, 36,000 mile lease. What is the residual and money factor for a 2014 Highlander XLE AWD?

We don't have any numbers for NY, yet. However, in looking at other regions in the US, there don't seem to be any lease incentives on the Highlander this month.

@Michaell said: ny 36 months 12000 miles

@gq3856 said:

Nothing from NY just yet. The numbers from Toyota are trickling in slowly this month.

• nizzonizzo Posts: 7

bdf1, that's an excellent lease money factor you got from the 3rd party. Sigh, I should have looked into that myself. How did you get Toyota to be offering .0017? I thought it was .0019 nationwide for the 2014 Highlander? Anyway, I did a Limited Platinum lease, $44,675 sticker, and same as you 36 months/12K per year, and my payment ended up being $566, which includes my state taxes. I paid nothing up front, just the mandatory fees and of course my first month's payment. I think I did pretty good but yeah the only thing that sucked was the set-in-stone TFS money factor. :( I mean come on, .0019 x 2400 = 4.56% ! :neutral_face:

• Michaell, Do you know the MF and residual on a '14 XLE AWD, 12k/3 yr. for Colorado. Thanks!