Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

2»

Comments

• fred25fred25 Posts: 90

Geoff1 My friend purchased his 2.5i premium auto three weeks ago. This did not include the all weather package. The OTD price was $27,500. For New York City this was a very good price.

Please keep in mind the the 2014 Forester is a very high demand vehicle. In addition since Subaru does not manufacture the number of vehicles as the other manufactures, the Dealers are limited as to what vehicles they receive. Therefore, if you do not purchase the vehicle, someone else will.

I strongly suggest that you do your research and then pay the dealer I mentioned a visit if it is not too far for you. Good luck and I hope this helps you.

Fred

• vivekian2 that is a great deal not much more room to negotiate in my opinion - please share where you are getting this deal

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,524

@subshopper said: vivekian2 that is a great deal not much more room to negotiate in my opinion - please share where you are getting this deal

Have to agree. That's solidly under invoice, so you're definitely in "great deal" territory. :)

2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
  • bb126bb126 Posts: 1

I'm in Atlanta, and have been offered this from a nearby dealer (I'm in Atlanta):

2014 Forester Limited with about 6k miles - dealer loaner with Certified-Pre-Owned Powertrain warranty - All weather mats/splash/guards/side molding/rear bumper cover/side cargo nets Asking price $25,250. OTD $27,538.75.

That's not too far above quotes (on TrueCar) for new Premiums (around $25k). New Limiteds are more like $27,800 before fees/taxes. This is all before any negotiating.

Is this deal worth considering? If so, what might be a reasonable negotiating target?

• I'd take that deal in a second over the deal that I was offered today, which was 27,571 for new 2014 Premium w/AWP (all tax/fees, inspection, etc. included).

@bb126 said: I'm in Atlanta, and have been offered this from a nearby dealer (I'm in Atlanta):

2014 Forester Limited with about 6k miles - dealer loaner with Certified-Pre-Owned Powertrain warranty - All weather mats/splash/guards/side molding/rear bumper cover/side cargo nets Asking price $25,250. OTD $27,538.75.

That's not too far above quotes (on TrueCar) for new Premiums (around $25k). New Limiteds are more like $27,800 before fees/taxes. This is all before any negotiating.

Is this deal worth considering? If so, what might be a reasonable negotiating target?

• cowxl4cowxl4 Posts: 12

Got a quote for 2014 2.5i Limited for $27.9 K OTD. Is this a good one? thanks!

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,874

@cowxl4 said: Got a quote for 2014 2.5i Limited for $27.9 K OTD. Is this a good one? thanks!

Can you break down the selling price, fees and taxes? That will help us with our evaluation.

Thanks!

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Frugaldad,

You indicated that you are looking for a 2.5i touring and have been looking north of NYC. What pricing have you been getting for the touring up north?

• laney4laney4 Posts: 2

I would like to buy a 2014 Forrester 2.5i Touring SUV. If you have one with the Nav are you happy with it?

• kmart00kmart00 Posts: 16

Hi all! Anyone recommend a dealership in NJ to work with?

Just moved to Union county and looking to get a Forester this summer

Kmart00 I suggest you look at Liberty Subaru, 55 Kinderkamack Rd, Emerson, NJ, telephone 1-201-261-9000. They are one of the largest Subaru Dealerships in NJ. In addition they have one of the largest inventory of subaru's. It will be worth the trip. If you do go, let me know how you made out

Fred

• kmart00kmart00 Posts: 16

thanks, Fred!

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,814
    edited May 11

kmart00

Dealers to get pricing in NJ.

Avoid.... Brad Benson if your not a good negotiator.. They will lie, and pull the wool over your eyes... They got game over there. Try below dealers along with your other targeted dealerships. Timing is everything...... buying at the end of the month will help you make the best possible deal. End of june ends the 2nd quarter for all car companies. Great deals can be had if you wait til the last days in June.

Liberty, Lester Glen

Liberty honda may give you a better price due to there high volume store. Excellent dealership.

Lester glen will sell about 300 to 500 below dealers invoice price if you know how to negotiate. But they have a 300 dollar doc fee charge. That knocks your below invoice price down. Glen will also give you a lifetime oil change plan if you buy the vehicle with them.

I plan on buying my cousin a 2014 Forester next month. if you dont care what dealership you buy from i will suggest you email and call as many dealerships your willing to travel to.... Letting each dealerships internet sales manager know you will buy that day if your price is meet. Holding sale with a credit card deposit.

A good target price for NY/NJ is between 500 and 1000 below invoice price excluding any incentives and taxes etc. I will also suggest printing a true car price check from area dealerships to see pricing in and around N.J. / NY area.

If you purchase in NY............. all dealer doc fee's are capped at 75 dollars.

NJ doc's = 299 to 499

Liberty doc fee's are................ $295

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

2»