Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,026
edited January 28 in Subaru
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Subaru Legacy leasing questions. Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Legacy, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Subaru Legacy page.

To see all forums discussions about the Subaru Forester, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Subaru Forester discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• 1jsully1jsully Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Hello all,

Would anyone have the latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 12000 miles lease?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,951
    2014 Legacy 2.5i Premium 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00023 MF and 54% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• belvettebelvette Posts: 13

Hi Car_man,

Would you have the latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 15000 mile and 2014 Legacy Sport 36 month 15000 mile lease.

Thanks!

@belvette said: Hi Car_man,

Would you have the latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 15000 mile and 2014 Legacy Sport 36 month 15000 mile lease.

Thanks!

Premium: .00023 MF and 52% residual

Sport: .00025 MF and 51% residual

thanks for the quick response!

Kyfdx, would you know if February's lease program numbers have changed from January's for both the 2014 Legacy Premium & Legacy Sport for 36 month 15000 miles per?

New Subaru numbers don't come out until Tuesday.... Probably a few days after that before we get them.

Hi Kyfdx do you know yet if the Subaru lease programs changed for February

@belvette said: Hi Kyfdx do you know yet if the Subaru lease programs changed for February

Same numbers as last month..

• jimvtjimvt Posts: 8

What are latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 12000 miles lease?

Thank you!

@jimvt said: What are latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 12000 miles lease?

Thank you!

I don't have those numbers, right now.. still trying to run them down.

Sorry, I should have asked this yesterday. Do you have them for the 2014 Legacy Limited same time, same mileage.

Thanks again.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

@jimvt said: Sorry, I should have asked this yesterday. Do you have them for the 2014 Legacy Limited same time, same mileage.

Thanks again.

Legacy Premium - 54% and .00043

Legacy Limited - 54% and .00047

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Thank you very much! Jim

@jimvt said: What are latest residual and money factor for a 2014 Legacy premium 36 months 12000 miles lease?

Thank you!

.00043 MF and 54% residual

Hello again,

My dealer is telling me they agree with the residual but that the MF is .00093. What? Has my credit rating gone down and I didn't notice, very hard to do now that Discover tells me every month and it just went up a few points.

Thanks again, Jim

@jimvt said: Hello again,

My dealer is telling me they agree with the residual but that the MF is .00093. What? Has my credit rating gone down and I didn't notice, very hard to do now that Discover tells me every month and it just went up a few points.

Thanks again, Jim

Subaru Finance allows dealers to mark-up the money factor for extra profit. The maximum mark-up: .00050. I'll allow you to draw your own conclusions. :p

Oh wow! Is that something new? How about any other new tricks or maybe old ones I don't know about? I'm wondering because even with the increased MF I can't get the payment to match, mine is about $20 lower. Has the lease cost gone up? My previous ones have all been $595.

@jimvt said: Oh wow! Is that something new? How about any other new tricks or maybe old ones I don't know about? I'm wondering because even with the increased MF I can't get the payment to match, mine is about $20 lower. Has the lease cost gone up? My previous ones have all been $595.

The acquisition fee is still $595. I don't think that mark-ups are new, but they were more prevalent with luxury makes, and now seem to be filtering down into the mass market arena.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,782

@‌kyfdx

can you tell me the May lease MF & residual for 36 month/12K per year on a Legacy premium & limited?

Thanks as always!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

@nyccarguy said: @‌kyfdx

can you tell me the May lease MF & residual for 36 month/12K per year on a Legacy premium & limited?

Thanks as always!

Premium: 53% and .00030

Limited: 53% and .00035

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

@michaell@edmunds

Thanks for getting back to me so instaneously:) I wasn't sure which one of you in particular are monitoring this board:)

@michaell@edmunds

I just worked out a pre tax lease payment on a Premium with an MSRP of $25,835 (Moonroof Pkg) assuming a selling price of $23,299 ($1K under invoice) of $240.07 ($255.31 including 6.35% Tax in CT). That seems reasonable to me.

@nyccarguy said: michaell@edmunds

Thanks for getting back to me so instaneously:) I wasn't sure which one of you in particular are monitoring this board:)

We both monitor all the lease question discussions.

I just worked out a pre tax lease payment on a Premium with an MSRP of $25,835 (Moonroof Pkg) assuming a selling price of $23,299 ($1K under invoice) of $240.07 ($255.31 including 6.35% Tax in CT). That seems reasonable to me.

That's a lot of car for the payment.

• dicaniodicanio Posts: 6

How many months/miles? Below is the quote I got in CT for a Premium. Quite a few dollars difference.

MSRP $24,585 Selling price $22400 $1500 down with 35 monthly payments of $280 ZERO down 36 monthly payments of $325.

Forgot to add months and miles myself lol 36 months , 10k miles.

@dicanio said:

How many months/miles? Below is the quote I got in CT for a Premium. Quite a few dollars difference.

MSRP $24,585 Selling price $22400 $1500 down with 35 monthly payments of $280 ZERO down 36 monthly payments of $325.

It's possible the dealer is marking up the money factor on you for extra profit.

The money factor is 0.00043 which is low. Are you including a the doc fee, the acquisition fee and title reg? That all adds up to $1200. if you manage to get a lease at that price in CT, let me know which dealer because I could possibly save myself some money.

@dicanio

I didn't mean to post that I MADE that deal, just put some numbers together using the current lease rates & money factors. Where in CT are you? Looks like you are getting the "base" money factor which is good. Now, what's the MSRP & selling price of the car you are looking at?

How many dealers have you called? Have you tried neighboring states? NY has doc fees capped at $75, while we have to pay the dreaded "conveyance fee." Here in CT.