Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Subaru Outback Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• nyker1nyker1 Posts: 1

Folks, What do you think about this quote? 2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium, automatic, in Tungsten Metallic with the all weather package included as well as all weather floor mats, rear seat back protector, rear bumper cover, splash guards, wheel arch moldings, and body side moldings.

The MSRP is $29,021 and discounted internet price would be $25,799 plus tax/DMV. Out the door price on this vehicle would be $27,702.43 including all fees and sales tax.

Comments Pls.

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,679

@nyker1

A sale price that is a shade under 89% of the MSRP... and you haven't bought it yet?!

2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
  • elialucaelialuca Posts: 1

@nyker1

That's exactly what I'm looking for - mind telling me what dealer is giving you that quote?

• zeebzeeb Posts: 3

Sharing our experience buying an Outback on 3/15/2014 in the Twin Cities

Model: Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium with CVT and Moonroof package Year: 2014 Condition: New Color: Indigo Pearl exterior, tan cloth interior Dealer: Walser Subaru in Burnsville Options: Moonroof package (includes rearview camera) and factory installed side body moldings (so basically nothing extra, just a 2.5i Premium with moonroof and CVT transmission)

MSRP: $29,561 Sale Price: $26,292 Final price: $26,042 - this included an extra $250 off Subaru coupon we got from the 2014 Twin Cities Auto Show Final Discount: 11.90% off MSRP

My sense is that the 2014 Outbacks are attracting good discounts because of the upcoming 2015 updated version. We got prices from 4 local dealerships, and these guys had the best pricing by far and best reviews on google.

No haggle experience, decent value for trade-in (2001 Golf with 107,000 miles in very good condition). Showed us 3 cars (different colors), test drove two cars, settled on the color and drove off in the new car 3 hours later. Highly recommend this dealership and Chasson, the sales associate who helped us.

Wife (primary driver - commuter car for her) very happy with purchase and overall experience.

Good luck all. -zee

We also got 0% financing for 36 months from Subaru. Obviously, this is credit score dependent.

Walser also threw in a "lifetime" powertrain warranty for "as long as you own the car". The factory warranty for powertrain is 5 years/60,000 miles. So if the original owner keeps the car for 10 years, then that's an additional 4 years of warranty from Walser. This could mean one or more of three things: (i) Walser wants to attract customers by giving an additional value perk, or (ii) Walser is so confident of the Subaru powertrain that it will not incur major costs backing up this insurance, or (iii) they're confident that the original owner will hate the so much before the factory warranty expires that they'll sell it, and thus the extended warranty expires before its ever used by the original owner :) In any event, I'm roughly estimating that the value of this extended warranty is around 300 bucks today.

• rossdmrossdm Posts: 39

Does anyone know if you can get the Saddle Brown leather with the Carbide Gray Metallic WITHOUT the Special Appearance Package? The configurators on both Subaru.com and here at Edmunds.com will let you select that combination without adding the SAP. But if I search dealer inventories far and wide, I can't find one with that color combination without the SAP. Thanks.

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,942
    edited April 25

@r8rcr8z‌, would love to see a "real world" pic - please post one over in Reader's Rides. My '97 Outback is the first pic there. B)

Any other new owners, please post as well. Thanks!

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• Looking to buy a 2015 Forester 2.5i premium w/ all weather package in the Chicago area. I used AARP Trucar pricing & was sent "Savings Certificates to dealers. The lowest price on the responses was $24,002 including destination but when I spoke to the internet rep I found out I would have to order the car with a deposit and wait 6-12 weeks. A second dealer's certificate price was $24, 889 . I spoke to that rep and I was told again at that price I'd have to order it. Then I emailed a third dealer for their internet price and got a price of $24906. for an in stock car. Any advice ?

2»