Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• thatsdamorethatsdamore Posts: 2
    edited February 24

What can I expect to pay for a lease: 36 months 10,000 miles MSRP $50,175 Dealer is offering 5% discount I have dual residence in IL & Ohio Q5 2014 Premium Plus 3.0T

Thank you very much.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057

@thatsdamore said: What can I expect to pay for a lease: 36 months 10,000 miles MSRP $50,175 Dealer is offering 5% discount I have dual residence in IL & Ohio Q5 2014 Premium Plus 3.0T

Thank you very much.

About $660/mo, plus tax. Due at signing; 1st payment, title/license, document fee ($250 in Ohio). That assumes base rate of .00159 MF and 58% residual. Acquisition fee rolled into the payment.

Illinois charges tax on the full selling price, while Ohio taxes the sum of the monthly payments (upfront, but you can roll into the lease), so you definitely want to lease as an Ohio resident, if possible.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• What are your thoughts of a lease vs purchase? Our financial situation is solid, we can put down any amount of money. My guess is that we will sell after 3 years. I drive about 7k miles per year.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,930

@thatsdamore said: What are your thoughts of a lease vs purchase? Our financial situation is solid, we can put down any amount of money. My guess is that we will sell after 3 years. I drive about 7k miles per year.

If your plan is to sell after 3 years, I would think a lease is the right way to go. You are only paying for that part of the car you are using. A 36 mo / 10K per year lease would be just about right.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rbergmandcrbergmandc Posts: 10

Hi there.. looking for the INVOICE price on the following.. i have an affiliate/control # that supposedly gets me pricing at 5-6% UNDER invoice as my wife works for SIRIUS.. .But i'm trying to get that number before I tell my dealer..

2014 Q5 2.0t tiptronic, Premium plus w/ nav, monsoon gray w/ black int.

Base: 37,300 STicker: 47,050

Add ons are $3900 for nav and $3550 for premium plus..

Any helps are much appreciated

(i'm in NY)

Use the Car Research tab at the top of the page, then choose, "New Cars". You can build your car and get invoice pricing, there.

@rbergmandc said: Hi there.. looking for the INVOICE price on the following.. i have an affiliate/control # that supposedly gets me pricing at 5-6% UNDER invoice as my wife works for SIRIUS.. .But i'm trying to get that number before I tell my dealer..

(i'm in NY)

I, too, work for a company that has employee pricing for Audi. I think the deal is 6% off MSRP, not invoice. You may want to double check that.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• alfredckalfredck Posts: 9

@jmca said: Hi - Anyone have experience buying Q5 TDI? I am looking at Premium Plus with MMI, Side Assist, and B&O. I'm in CA and got a recent quote only $1000 below MSRP. Rejected the offer, but was wondering what others had experienced. Thanks!

Did you end up finding a better quote? I am in Chicago and was able to get an offer approximately 4.6% below MSRP. I tried my best to talk them down to invoice but they were not willing to budge given the Q5's popularity. Anyone experiencing similar challenges?

• jmcajmca Posts: 5

@wlhsu said: All - any recent quotes on the 2014 TDI Premium Plus with MMI, B&O, and side assist? How difficult is it to get a preferred color (in my case, the monsoon grey)?

They lowest I got offered was 2.5% off MSRP, and I wanted monsoon grey and fine ash inlay. I had to to order mine. MG was hard to find, and without the polished oak was even harder. If you want a black one, you can find one tomorrow.

• jmcajmca Posts: 5

@rbergmandc said: Hi there.. looking for the INVOICE price on the following.. i have an affiliate/control # that supposedly gets me pricing at 5-6% UNDER invoice as my wife works for SIRIUS.. .But i'm trying to get that number before I tell my dealer..

(i'm in NY)

It's 5-6% off MSRP - not invoice. Big difference.

• lukeaudilukeaudi Posts: 1

@alfredck said: Did you end up finding a better quote? I am in Chicago and was able to get an offer approximately 4.6% below MSRP. I tried my best to talk them down to invoice but they were not willing to budge given the Q5's popularity. Anyone experiencing similar challenges?

Can you tell me which dealer offers the best price in Chicago area?

• beagle10beagle10 Posts: 5

I saw on Edmund there's a $2,000 incentive for dealers on Q5 purchase. Is that accurate? Any other incentives (like conquest incentive) that you guys are aware of? Thanks!

• ezericsezerics Posts: 17
    edited April 23

Could you please let me know Audi’s current residual and money factor for a 36 month lease, 12k miles per year for a Q5. Not sure if it matters whether I’m looking at the 2T or 3T or what trim level (have not yet decided). Also, would you also know the current APR Audi is offering for a purchase? Are there any current incentives (I currently lease a lexus so perhaps there is a conquest, etc.) Thanks.

I’m in long island, so if anyone else has any recent experience leasing or purchasing in the area, please let me know, thanks.

@ezerics said: Could you please let me know Audi’s current residual and money factor for a 36 month lease, 12k miles per year for a Q5. Not sure if it matters whether I’m looking at the 2T or 3T or what trim level (have not yet decided). Also, would you also know the current APR Audi is offering for a purchase? Are there any current incentives (I currently lease a lexus so perhaps there is a conquest, etc.) Thanks.

I’m in long island, so if anyone else has any recent experience leasing or purchasing in the area, please let me know, thanks.

It does matter which engine and trim level you are specifically looking for, as residuals and money factors do vary.

Same with APR.

• ezericsezerics Posts: 17

Thanks for the response Michael, could you please give me Audi's purchase APR as well as MF and RV for a 36 mo. lease w/ 12k mi per year for both the 2T Premium Plus and 3T Prem Plus? Thank you

@ezerics said: Thanks for the response Michael, could you please give me Audi's purchase APR as well as MF and RV for a 36 mo. lease w/ 12k mi per year for both the 2T Premium Plus and 3T Prem Plus? Thank you

2.0T Premium Plus - .00126 and 55%

3.0T Premium Plus - .00128 and 56%

1.9% up to 66 months; 2.4% for 67-72 months

• jb247jb247 Posts: 14

Looking to lease a Q5 3.0 Premium Plus in Florida... Standard Paint, Milano leather, MMI Nav, Sport Interior Pkg, B&O Sound. By my calculations, the sticker should be around 52,000. Any idea what this would go for in Florida? Is $49k possible?

• firfir Posts: 3
    edited June 25

Does 4% off MSRP + 0%APR for 36 months sound like a good deal? I am considering Q5 Premium Plus + Side Assistant

@fir said: Does 4% off MSRP + 0%APR for 36 months sound like a good deal? I am considering Q5 Premium Plus + Side Assistant

AFS is offering 0.9% for 36 months on the Q5 - how is your dealer able to offer 0% financing?

You might be able to get another point or two knocked off the MSRP - I've heard of folks getting up to 6% off.

The dealer told me that the 0% APR is a limited time promotion offered by them only to move their inventory of Q5.

@fir said: The dealer told me that the 0% APR is a limited time promotion offered by them only to move their inventory of Q5.

Nothing better than free money. I would doubt you could get more knocked off the price, then.

It seems that the dealer would not budge: either taking the supplier program + 1.9% APR, or 4% discount + 0%APR 36 months.

@fir said: It seems that the dealer would not budge: either taking the supplier program + 1.9% APR, or 4% discount + 0%APR 36 months.

Yeah, that makes sense. Either or. You'll have to run the numbers to see which choice results in the lower out of pocket.

• hadsig2637hadsig2637 Posts: 1

when just paying cash what is a good value in terms of % of MSRP for premium plus models (whether it be TDI, 3.0 or 2.0)? and to that you simply add taxes and hopefully a small amount of dealer fees and that should be it right?

@hadsig2637 said: when just paying cash what is a good value in terms of % of MSRP for premium plus models (whether it be TDI, 3.0 or 2.0)? and to that you simply add taxes and hopefully a small amount of dealer fees and that should be it right?

Generally, 6% off MSRP is a good price for an Audi, assuming no other incentives apply.

Hi Kyfdx,

What is the apr for 2015 Q5 premium plus model? Thank you!

edited July 10

@beagle10 said: Hi Kyfdx,

What is the apr for 2015 Q5 premium plus model? Thank you!

1.9% for up to 36 months.

2.4% for 37-48 months.

2.9% for 49-66 months.

3.4% for 67-72 months.

Thank you Michaell!!

@Michaell said: 3.4% for 67-72 months.

2»