Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,582
    2014 S4 Premium Plus 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00070 MF and 57% residual

Subtract 1% for 12K/yr residual
    Subtract 3% for 15K/yr residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Also if you do Audi Care doesn't this increase the residual by 1%.

So 2014 S4 Premium Plus 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00070 MF would have a 58% residual with Audi Care. I believe Audi Care is ~$830 and makes sense since it raise the residual and you also get ~$500 of services from it.
  • Looking at an S4 premium
    MSRP 55,475
    Cap Cost 52,200
    MF .0007
    36 mths
    NJ tax 7%
    Luxury tax .4%
    Residual 58%

Audi Care $304
    lease inception fee 695
    bank fee 495
    cash down 2995
    audi loyalty 1000

according to the dealer its approx 6K out of pocket if I choose to pay all fees and taxes upfront.

Monthly payment is 523.
    If I roll the taxes in its about 572

not a fan of 6K out of pocket because of the fees. Is that a good cap cost or should there be some wiggle room?

Thanks,
  • What a great forum! It's very cool that everyone is helping each other out.

Would love to know if this is a nice deal.. It seems like a high monthly payment based on the previous posts and lease calculators.

2014 S4 Premium Plus, MSRP $55,140 (nav, sport dif, badges, etc.) -$1000 off for coming off a Lexus -$600 off for no reason

Adjusted price of $53,540 Trade in allowance of $9,500 Doc fee of $75 Tax of $1,136.33 Misc Fees $1,373.25

Balance $46,624.58

36 mos @ 10k/miles payment is $530

Does that seem right to all of you fine people?

• isles1isles1 Posts: 110
    edited December 2013

@teddyted

Your adjusted price a/k/a Negotiated Sales Price should not be MSRP less incentives like Conquest Cash. Use Edmunds.com to calculate invoice price for your car. You are basically aiming for $500 - $1000 over invoice, or somewhere along the lines of 5 - 6% off MSRP as your Negotiated Sales Price. If you can do better than that, then great; but you can rest assured you are getting a fair deal if you fall somewhere in that range.

THEN, your incentives and trade-in allowance are applied.

You need to have MISC fees broken out so you know what is being added on. Do not pay docs fees, vehicle prep fees or the like. Sales tax, tags/tile/registration and $695 AFS Acquisition Fee are all standard; anything else is likely padding.

You also want to ask what money factor and residual value are being used to calculate your lease payment.

Good luck.

• phatkoreanphatkorean Posts: 1
    edited January 2

Hello all! I'm looking for advice before I go into the dealership. I already drove the car and love it. I'm going to try and get the dealer to agree to the numbers below. Does this sound like a doable deal? Could it be better? Am I bonkers?

The car: 2014 Audi S4 Premium Plus – Manual - Monsoon Gray Metallic - M.S.R.P.: $53,550

This is what I'd like to get for a deal:
    15k/36month lease with $0 down.
    Sale Price: $50,070 (6.5% off MSRP).
    Lease Residual Value: $31,059 (58% residual value).
    Money Factor: 0.0007 (willing to put up to $5,000 as security deposit).
    I'll pay all fees at signing (Tax, docs, Acquisition, etc.).
    I'll pay for the AudiCare upfront as well.
    This puts the monthly around $625.

• theskunktheskunk Posts: 2

What's the current Money Factor? .0007 still current? Also, is the residual on 15k still 54%? What is it for 18k miles? Thanks!

2014 S4 Premium Plus 36mo, 15K/yr lease

.00051 MF and 53% residual

• theskunktheskunk Posts: 2

so they are more likely to take an offer at .0007 with a 54% residual... good to know. Thanks!

• What is the current MF and residual, 2014 S4 Premium Plus 10k/yr lease 36 & 42 mos??

@bzimm1126 said: What is the current MF and residual, 2014 S4 Premium Plus 10k/yr lease 36 & 42 mos??

.00051 MF and 56% residual

42 month: .00071 MF and 52% residual

• Thanks for being the most informative lease forum around! I ordered a 2014 S4 Prestige in November of 2013 and it's finally supposed to arrive around the end of February. Do you have current lease rates on the above vehicle for 36 months and 12k as well 15k? Also, is the Audi care residual "discount" still in effect?

Thanks in advance! And of course I will keep everyone updated on what deal I get once it comes down to it.

• krugs246krugs246 Posts: 2
    Live in NH no sales tax, current situation is I drive 24K miles a year. Want to test the high mileage lease options or get a 15K mile lease and add miles during the 1st 6 months. Lease term I was thinking either 24 or 36 months. With this said, what do you feel is my best option...what is todays MF, and any guesses what my residual value would be with both lease terms. I would like to know what my rough payments would be. Thanks guys.

@marko3xl3 said: Thanks for being the most informative lease forum around! I ordered a 2014 S4 Prestige in November of 2013 and it's finally supposed to arrive around the end of February. Do you have current lease rates on the above vehicle for 36 months and 12k as well 15k? Also, is the Audi care residual "discount" still in effect?

Thanks in advance! And of course I will keep everyone updated on what deal I get once it comes down to it.

2014 S4 Prestige 36mo, 15K/yr lease

.00051 MF and 51% residual. Add 2% for 12K/yr

Those rates should be good for the entire 1st quarter, unless there is an unscheduled change.

As far as I know, you still get a 1% residual bump if you add AudiCare.

• @kyfdx@Edmunds said: 2014 S4 Prestige 36mo, 15K/yr lease

.00051 MF and 51% residual. Add 2% for 12K/yr

Those rates should be good for the entire 1st quarter, unless there is an unscheduled change.

As far as I know, you still get a 1% residual bump if you add AudiCare.

Awesome, thanks a lot! I'll post back once I get my car. I'm pleasantly surprised that the MF went down from the 4th quarter last year. Almost makes it easier waiting so long.

• krugs246krugs246 Posts: 2
    Any advice on my post?

@krugs246 said: Live in NH no sales tax, current situation is I drive 24K miles a year. Want to test the high mileage lease options or get a 15K mile lease and add miles during the 1st 6 months. Lease term I was thinking either 24 or 36 months. With this said, what do you feel is my best option...what is todays MF, and any guesses what my residual value would be with both lease terms. I would like to know what my rough payments would be. Thanks guys.

The S4 residual for 36 months is only 7% less than the 24 month residual, so the longer lease term is definitely going to be cheaper. Of course, at 24K/yr, you'll be out of warranty for the 3rd year, so you have to balance that against the lower payment. The money factor for either term is .00051.

The 36mo. 15K residual is 53%. I'm not sure how Audi handles high-mileage leases, but other Euro brands charge by the mile, over the 15K/yr limit. Assume $0.15/mi. and that reduces the 15K/yr residual by a further $4050 (27K mi. X $0.15).

My local Audi dealer has one S4 in stock, with an MSRP of $56,840, so I'll use that one as an example.

$56,840 MSRP

$54,000 Selling price (- 5%)

Adjusted residual of 46% (to account for the extra $4050)

.00051 MF

$815/mo. with 1st payment, acquisition fee and title/registration/dealer fees due at signing.

On the 24 month lease, the payment would be around $985/mo.

All that is based on the assumption that your extra miles will be paid for by a residual reduction of $0.15/mile.. (that's how BMW does it).

• farazafaraza Posts: 21

Vow this is an amazing forum it has helped me a lot. I have a question for you guys I just had a discussion with a dealership regarding a premium plus MT S4 with sports diff and adaptive suspension MSRP 51,095, which they plan to order for me. The sales manager is willing to agree to a sale price of 47,518 (7% below MSRP). As I understood from this forum that that is a decent sales price. however there were a couple of things he said which I did not quiet understand he wants me to deposit 2k (insurance apparently refundable or can be added to the upfront payment) after finalizing the deal prior to delivery. Any body else seen that for cars that are ordered. Secondly he told me that the current residual and MF for a 12k 36 month lease is 56% and 0.00051 which seemed right but he can not guarantee that for when the car arrives and he will use the residual and MF that AFS has at that time to calculate lease payment. Is that accurate? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

That all sounds accurate.. Audi doesn't let you lock in rates on ordered cars, like BMW.

So, the sales manager can't guarantee the terms, but what he can do..is guarantee that you'll get the base money factor with no mark-up, when your car shows up..

$51K is pretty spartan S4, and I'm guessing he wants a deposit, because that might be a hard car to retail, if you decided not to take it. (I wouldn't mind it, though.. lol)

Thank you very much. what do you think of the sale price do you think I can push further?

Most of the "supplier discount" programs only get you 6% off on an Audi. Check the incentives tab above under "Car Research" to see if there are any extra incentives on your model. But, 7% off MSRP seems pretty good from what I've seen in the forums.

Just an update went to the dealership verified from two different dealers actually AFS is allowing dealers to lock in rates at the time of agreement... both dealers confirmed that in the event at the time of delivery the terms of lease are beneficial to the leasee than the terms can be updated however not vice versa if they are not.. will update once the car is delivered sounds like it will be in early april... Thanks kydx this forum certainly taught me a lot...

That's good to know about locking lease rates.. .thanks!

does anybody know what inception and assignment fees are? I know AFS charges 695 which I suspect is the assignment fee but dealer is charging a 1250 inception fee which I can't quiet understand

sorry one more question does any body know if audi has multiple security deposit program to lower the MF further?

Inception fees are a garbage term that dealers use to indicate the amount due at signing, in addition to the 1st payment and any down-payment.

So, if your dealer is giving you an "estimate" of inception fees, then the $1250 should include the acquisition fee, dealer doc fee, title and license fees..

If these are specific numbers, and inception fee is a $1250 line item, then I would be worried...

And, yes... Audi has an MSD program.

kyfdx how does the msd work? And what is the lowest money factor you can get down to? The only fees listed are the inception fees and assignment totaling 1945 so i guess thats ok

If the total fees are $1945, you want a breakdown of that amount.. I assumed the "inception fee" included the acquisition fee (acquisition fee is the term... not assignment). Dealers can hide a lot of crap in there, without a breakdown..

I'm not certain of the Audi program.... At one time it was .00008 reduction for each deposit, up to a maximum of 8 deposits (.00064 total reduction). Each deposit is your payment rounded up to the next $50 increment..

MSRP 51,095 Sale Price 47,518 Residual 55% 36 month 12 k MF 0.00051 5000 due at signing

Cap reduction: 3812.88 Cap reduction tax: 238.31 Admin fee: 295 Plate fee: 125 1st payment: 528.81 Acquisition fee 695

Asked them they said it will be up to a max of 10 deposits each decreasing the MF by 0.00005. Thought the SA will get back to me on monday she wasn't sure what would it mean for me to switch from no security deposit lease ( I am not sure why this makes any difference to them since they are offering base MF to me any way)

Do the above numbers look ok to you? They are without any buying down of the MF.