Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Audi S4 Lease Questions

123457»

Comments

• mcfuzzmcfuzz Posts: 4

@Michaell said: With $0 down and the base MF, I calculate your pre-tax payment as $655 (residual is 56%)

Thanks for the input. I did some additional digging and the dealer now offered the following:

$6K down, .00051 MF, $565ish per month @ 36 months with 56% residual.

I see that MSDs have been recommended cap reduction -- how does that work and how does it affect monthly payments?

Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,549

@mcfuzz said:

each security deposit is in the amount of the base payment, rounded up to the next $25. each security deposit then reduces the MF by .00008. the lower MF then reduces your payment - and, that money is returned to you at the end of the lease

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

@Michaell‌ -- these MSDs don't count towards cap reduction, correct?

I also heard that they collect interest, like a CD... Is that true?

Thanks!

@mcfuzz said: Michaell‌ -- these MSDs don't count towards cap reduction, correct?
    I also heard that they collect interest, like a CD... Is that true?
    Thanks!

MSDs are used instead of cap cost reduction ... by lowering the borrowing cost, you lower the payment.

And, since you get that money back at the end of the lease, there is a time value of money at play. The deposits themselves don't earn you interest.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

@Michaell said:

Pardon for the barrage of questions -- I am just trying to get myself as educated as possible.

Let's assume that in order for me to get payments down to $550 a month, I need to put $5000 down on a lease. If, instead of dropping $5K, I put $3K in security deposits, does that mean that theoretically I need to drop just $2K in down payment to get to that $550/month number?

Thanks again for all your help.

@mcfuzz said: Thanks again for all your help.

Not necessarily. It's not wise to put any money down on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled you are out that money.

But, I do understand wanting to be at a specific payment, so some sort of cap cost reduction will be necessary above the MSDs to get there.

• Any changes for July S4 lease rate? Info on the 2014, or if you have it 2015s as well,

I am looking for premium plus, 36 month, 15k miles a year

@neversatisfied said: Any changes for July S4 lease rate? Info on the 2014, or if you have it 2015s as well,

I am looking for premium plus, 36 month, 15k miles a year

2014 - .00032 and 52%

2015 - .00140 and 56%

• Great, thanks!

• zosezose Posts: 2

Can you tell me what the current rates are on a 2014 S4 Premium Plus 36 month 10k per year.

Thank you

@zose said: Can you tell me what the current rates are on a 2014 S4 Premium Plus 36 month 10k per year.

Thank you

55% and .00032

• zosezose Posts: 2

Thank you!

123457»