Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Lexus RX 350 Deals and Prices Paid

124»

Comments

• jbaby79jbaby79 Posts: 30
    Thanks for the info Steve! I'm the car buyer for my family, so I do the dirty work of e-mailing different dealers and checking to see what people are paying :)

I actually like the car shopping experience... Especially when it is someone else's money :)

I was using 2014 RX350 FWD with base of $40,795 plus navigation package of 8,094 and destination fee of 910 to get to the $49,799
  • jbaby79jbaby79 Posts: 30

Actually now that I'm looking at the Lexus build site again. It is bundling other options into the price of $8,094 the package codes are (FT,WU,NV,TO,CP,EK,PA)

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,868

Ah, the bundling explains why I was so far off in my quick and dirty searching.

I actually like the car shopping experience... Especially when it is someone else's money :)

The world needs more guys like you. B)

Actually I heavily shopped new and used cars the last two months for the first time since 1999 (I purchased a used car in '03, but that was a friend to friend deal and was no hassle). Anyway I have to say, the experience was really good. In '99 we finally found a good Nissan salesperson, but the Honda dealer jacked us around pretty good and we weren't even able to stop the car in the lot at Cal Worthington Ford before several salespeople started chasing our car (we kept rolling, lol).

This time around, the 10 or so salespeople were all pretty good. One was too green to know anything and one was a bit stereotypical, but not bad. Several were exceptional.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• draganerdraganer Posts: 7

@tpandejee said: draganer‌ . I live in the philly area and am looking for the same kind of options. what dealer did u use.

I looked at multiple dealers and bidded out my business. I went between Wilkie and Chester Springs. Wilkie ended up winning. I actually ended up with a better deal than my post above but forgot to update this forum. Here's what I got:

MSRP 2015 RX350 AWD w/ premium, wood/leather trim, cargo mat, net, wheel lock & key glove, cross bars: $47,848

• Sale price: $42,600
    • Tax: $2,556
    • Fees: $271.55
    • OTD: $45,427.55
  • cwaynecwayne Posts: 81

This is the 6th year since major upgrade. Is there any news on the 2016 RX350?

All I've seen for sure is just the "mid 2014" redesign for the 2015 model.

2015 Model Year Changes

Could be a 7 seater coming, per Autoblog.com.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• onomasticonomastic Posts: 1
    edited July 1

Would appreciate information on MR and residual for RX 350 AWD to be purchased in July 2014 in Minnesota.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,243

@onomastic said: Would appreciate information on MR and residual for RX 350 AWD to be purchased in July 2014 in Minnesota.

The 2014 model lost some incentives.. .00170 MF and 58% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. But, they now have $2500 dealer cash.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I have been trying to find a rx350 with adaptive cruse control. no dealer that i could find stocks cars with this feature. a 4 month wait if i order one with no good pricing.

Has any seen rx with adaptive cruse control on dealer lot?

• kmurali70kmurali70 Posts: 6
    edited July 28

What would be a price to pay for a 2015 rx350 for the base model of $40,795. this based in DFW. If the invoice price is 38k, how much should I ask for the car, does 1k sound enough commission for the salesman ?

• kmurali70kmurali70 Posts: 6

Dealer is offering 42,600 for 2015 RX350 FWD w/ premium, wood/leather trim, cargo mat, net, wheel lock & key glove, cross bars. Is this a good deal ?

• hbeanhbean Posts: 4

Looking for a 2015 RX350 AWD with premium package, blind spot monitoring, comfort package, heated seats, preferred accessories, all weather mats, wood trim steering wheel. MSRP is $47,698. What would be a good price to pay in Missouri? Is 10% off MSRP possible? I noted above that someone in PA paid $42,600 for a similar car/MSRP at Wilkie. That seems to be a great deal. Is it possible to pay below the dealer's invoice?

• draganerdraganer Posts: 7

@hbean said: Looking for a 2015 RX350 AWD with premium package, blind spot monitoring, comfort package, heated seats, preferred accessories, all weather mats, wood trim steering wheel. MSRP is $47,698. What would be a good price to pay in Missouri? Is 10% off MSRP possible? I noted above that someone in PA paid $42,600 for a similar car/MSRP at Wilkie. That seems to be a great deal. Is it possible to pay below the dealer's invoice?

It certainly is possible. My strategy is to never focus on what the dealer's invoice price is but focus on your budget which is normally at least 10% off MSRP for me. Set your first asking price to 15% off MSRP and the salesperson will probably think you're nuts. Keep your budget number in mind and don't go above it. Negotiate as much as you can until they come down to your budget. If they can't meet your budget, move on to the next dealer and bid out your business. Let the next dealer know what the previous dealer's offer was and have them beat it. It helps to have all dealers offers in writing. The more dealers you visit, the better chance you have to get a price at your budget or even lower which was my case. The dealers are there to compete against each other so make them compete!

• jessica2011jessica2011 Posts: 18
    Yes, it can be done. The more dealerships in your area that have your desired vehicle on the lot the better. Contact the internet sales/fleet department of all your area dealers and have them bid for your business.
    edited August 9

@draganer, another way to go is to start at invoice and go up.

Invoice is widely available and it's a good target, but remember than dealers can sell below invoice and still make money (thanks to holdback and bonus and incentive money from the manufacturers).

Your walking out technique is a good one too.

124»