Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class page.

To see all forums discussions about the GL-Class, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Mercedes-Benz GL-Class discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• hitman7hitman7 Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2013
    Anyone have the November money factor and residual for a 2014 GL450 specifically the 36 month 12,000 and 15,000 mile options? Also is there a sweet spot for leases with regards to number of months for instance is 39 months better than 36? If so please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    2014 GL450 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    Standard money factor and 59% residual. Add 2% for 12K/yr

36 months is the best term..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• shravancshravanc Member Posts: 14
    Could you please let us know what is the residual value for 7500K/year. Would that be 65%?
    Please let us know if the Standard Money Factor(.00225) would be applied for all below aspects

As well please let us know which one would be an ideal sweet spot.
    7500K/30 months
    7500K/36 months

10000K/30 months
    10000K/36 months

12000K/30 months
    12000K/36 months

15000K/30 months
    15000K/36 months

Thanks for your help.
    All 2014 GL leases use the standard money factor..

For residuals, I need to know which model GL you are shopping for...

As a general rule
    12K/yr residual = 15K/yr residual + 2%
    10K is 1% more than 12K
    7.5K is 1% more than 10K

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• akydakyxakydakyx Member Posts: 9
    based on your post #687, it appears residuals dropped 2%. is that correct? what is current residual for gl450 12k mile 36 and 24 month? same for gl 350 diesel? thank you.
    2014 GL450 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    63% residual
    24 mo, 12K/yr
    70% residual

GL350 Diesel 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    62% residual
    24mo, 12K/yr
    70% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Based on using the standard money factor I believe leasing a GL is not a good idea. I also doubt one is going to get a good discount on the price. The residual is the only factor that is very good on the GL. From a manufactures and dealers perspective, this vehicle is a money maker at this time.
  • gmoxiegmoxie Member Posts: 3

What are the Money Factor and Residual for a 2014 GL450, 36 month lease, 10K miles and 12K miles?

Thanks

Standard money factor and 64%/63% residual

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• frabifrabi Member Posts: 1

New year, new questions about the GL450 lease. Thank you kyfdx for all the help you've provided so far.

I am looking at leasing a 2014 GL450. The MSRP was $73,500 and I negotiated down to $71,500. Need to know the money factor and residual I should using for calculations. Looking at 36 months, 12k per year. If 36 months is not the sweet spot, will you also give me the residual and money factor for a 39 month lease?

Thanks.

December numbers have been extended to January 13th.

So.. standard money factor and 63% for 36mo, 12K/yr lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124

K> @kyfdx@Edmunds said:

December numbers have been extended to January 13th.

So.. standard money factor and 63% for 36mo, 12K/yr lease

Can you post what is MF? Standard = ??

Need to input the number for lease calculation.

Thanks

They don't publish the "standard" money factor. I've seen it quoted from .00195 to .00225.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• scdrj03scdrj03 Member Posts: 2

Hi kyfdx

Could you kindly provide current lease rates/residuals for 2014 GL350, 12k and 15k/yr, 36mos? Thanks!

I'm sorry, but we don't have the January numbers for Mercedes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@scdrj03 said:
    Hi kyfdx

Could you kindly provide current lease rates/residuals for 2014 GL350, 12k and 15k/yr, 36mos? Thanks!

Standard money factor and 60% residual for 15K/yr.. 62% residual for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• scdrj03scdrj03 Member Posts: 2

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    They don't publish the "standard" money factor. I've seen it quoted from .00195 to .00225.

FYI - based on my recent visit to a local dealer, the current "standard" MF is .00225 and the "super tier" (FICO >780 per the salesman) is .00195

No MF discounts on GL at this time, although there are on other cars like E and C class, again according to the local dealer.

Thanks for the heads up on the money factors..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141

@scdrj03 said:
    No MF discounts on GL at this time, although there are on other cars like E and C class, again according to the local dealer.

Honestly though, it doesn't only depend on credit score. Mercedes said it depends on the entire credit report, not just the score. On my application, both signer and co-signer had a score of 780+, but we still got approved for standard not super tier.

• ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2014

My deal on 2014 GL450 I got on Friday:

MSRP: $79695

Fleet Incentive: $2000

Selling Price: $71083

MF: .00215 w/ AutoPay

RV: 64%

Term: 36 months

Miles: 10,000/yr

Total Out-of-Pocket (incl inception & first month): $3500

Monthly Payment: $845/mo (7% tax incl)

As you can see, the car was discounted $6400+, but in order to get this deal, I had to go to Ohio from NJ as no dealer here was willing to come close by $2500 at least! Secondly, the vehicle was sitting in dealer lot for some time which is why I believe they wanted to get rid of it ASAP.

Lastly, I did lose $320 in dual title and registration fees. If you really want a better deal than mine or similar, you really need to travel far from demand as these sell like hotcakes around NJ.

• radoneradone Member Posts: 4

hi
    need mf, residual % on 2014 gl550 for 36 months 10k a year
    thx

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

@radone said:
    hi
    need mf, residual % on 2014 gl550 for 36 months 10k a year
    thx

Standard money factor and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• msinger1msinger1 Member Posts: 2

Just got a 2014 GL350. Ordered a few months ago and out of previous GL lease 2 months early.
    My hard fought deal was

$2,830 due at signing including first month.

$860 per month/12k/36mos

Don't have the cap cost but it has:
    Lane Tracking
    Park Assist
    Heated Wheel
    Premium 1

This is in NJ. Good buying experience.

• fjjamesfjjames Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2014

Can you post the April tier one money factor for the gl450? Thanks

@fjjames said:
    Can you post the April tier one money factor for the gl450? Thanks

Standard MF is in play.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

im not sure what is the standard money factor.

@fjjames said:
    im not sure what is the standard money factor.

Had to look it up ... ranges from .00195 to .00225, but can (and often is) marked up by the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

that is correct. they more often than not mark up the factors. thanks. i appreciate it.

• trumaine03trumaine03 Member Posts: 8

What is the current Money factor and residual value for a 2014 GL450 and GL550 for a 36 month lease & 12K miles a year?

@trumaine03 said:
    What is the current Money factor and residual value for a 2014 GL450 and GL550 for a 36 month lease & 12K miles a year?

Standard money factor for either. 62% and 57% residual, respectively

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• billt18billt18 Member Posts: 15

Hi, I am thinking a 36 month 12k/yr lease, and trying to figure out MF and residual with the advertised deal: $69900 MSRP, sale price $68314, $5000 down payment, with 0.00195 MF, I have to use residual of $47700 to get $729 monthly payment - this means 68% residual. Does this make sense to you? I would imagine 10k/yr will bring residual to 64%. Appreciate your comments.

On a GL450, the residual is 63% for the 36mo, 10K/yr terms that the advertisement is for...

I can't get it to add up, either.... I get $744/mo., not $729. It's possible that the Super Tier standard MF has dropped below .00195. At a MF of .00180, it comes out, just about right.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• billt18billt18 Member Posts: 15

Thanks for the reply! Could you kindly post the numbers you used to get $744/mo, like sale price etc? Also did you include $725 acquisition?

@billt18 said:
    Thanks for the reply! Could you kindly post the numbers you used to get $744/mo, like sale price etc? Also did you include $725 acquisition?

I used your numbers... Selling price minus the $5000 upfront. .00195 MF and 63% residual. The advertised lease is for a $5000 cap cost reduction. You have to add the acquisition fee and the first payment to that.. $6523 due at signing on the advertised deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151

Can you share residual for a GL350 Blue with 36/15?

@jddssc121 said:
    Can you share residual for a GL350 Blue with 36/15?

Standard MF (.00190-.00220) and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• fq1fq1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2014

kyfdx, thank you for all your help on this forum. Would you or anyone know the MF discount for doing a one-pay lease. A few years ago I did a one-pay lease and the MF discount was 0.0011 from the Standard MF. Thanks again!!!

The last time I saw it mentioned it was .0010

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fq1fq1 Member Posts: 56

Thank you very much! And the MF for a GL450 is still 0.0019?

@kyfdx said:
    The last time I saw it mentioned it was .0010

It's the "standard" money factor, which can fluctuate.... .00195-.00225 has been the latest range..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stlcity1stlcity1 Member Posts: 2

I am in the process of leasing a GL 450. Got a good deal. But the MF that I was quoted was 0.00225. Seems a little too high to me. Credit score is not an issue. Was wondering if anyone has any input. Thanks.

@stlcity1 said:
    I am in the process of leasing a GL 450. Got a good deal. But the MF that I was quoted was 0.00225. Seems a little too high to me. Credit score is not an issue. Was wondering if anyone has any input. Thanks.

.00225 is the high end of the 'standard' MF MB uses. You might be able to negotiate that down to .00195, which is the 'low' end of the scale.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stlcity1stlcity1 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

Thanks much. Will try to bang it down. Also I have a question: they are installing the rear entertainment system and charging 999 for MB care. They want to include both in the lease. If my calculations are right with that MF, I will be paying 1800$ extra over the 36mnths if I include both in the lease and not pay it upfront.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

@stlcity1 said:
    Thanks much. Will try to bang it down. Also I have a question: they are installing the rear entertainment system and charging 999 for MB care. They want to include both in the lease. If my calculations are right with that MF, I will be paying 1800$ extra over the 36mnths if I include both in the lease and not pay it upfront.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

All that matters is if the MB care or the RES are residualized.. Whether you pay for them upfront or within the lease is a small difference compared to that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hello just wondering what is the money factor and residuals for a 36m 15k per gl450 with auto pay? Last month the money factor was .00185.

@fjjames said:
    Hello just wondering what is the money factor and residuals for a 36m 15k per gl450 with auto pay? Last month the money factor was .00185.

Standard MF is in play this month (.00195-.00225) before autopay discount. Residual is 60% for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Does any one now what credit score typically qualifies for tier a1 credit? I was told around 700 for tier 1 and 750 for tier a1. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks much appreciated.

• cabbqkingcabbqking Member Posts: 11

i was quoted by an orange county dealer a money factor of 0.0021 this week...and they said that is their buy rate....how do I get the 0.00195? that is before the 0.0001 auto pay discount...tier one credit...thanks!

@fjjames said:
    Does any one now what credit score typically qualifies for tier a1 credit? I was told around 700 for tier 1 and 750 for tier a1. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks much appreciated.

The information we have doesnt have a breakdown of what scores qualify foe what tier. Sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@cabbqking said:
    i was quoted by an orange county dealer a money factor of 0.0021 this week...and they said that is their buy rate....how do I get the 0.00195? that is before the 0.0001 auto pay discount...tier one credit...thanks!

Check with other MB dealers to see what they quote you for the MF..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.