Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Buehler, Anyone?

• What sort of MF can someone with a low 700's credit score reasonably expect?

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,850

@neoskizzle said: What sort of MF can someone with a low 700's credit score reasonably expect?

Low 700s should get you the rates quoted here...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• gorilla55gorilla55 Posts: 2

GLK 2014 AWD - 36mo, 15k/yr - it looks like there may be a new lease program out from MB... Trying to find current MF and RV. Thanks!

@gorilla55 said: GLK 2014 AWD - 36mo, 15k/yr - it looks like there may be a new lease program out from MB... Trying to find current MF and RV. Thanks!

.00113 MF and 55% residual

• gorilla55gorilla55 Posts: 2

KYFDX - thank you... Is the .00113 and 55% the standard for the GLK or is this part of advertised program scheduled to end March 31?

@gorilla55 said: KYFDX - thank you... Is the .00113 and 55% the standard for the GLK or is this part of advertised program scheduled to end March 31?

Those are the subsidized lease numbers for this month.

• jwb3rxjwb3rx Posts: 10

Would you have the April lease rates for the GLK350 4matic 27mo and 36mo at 12k miles? Thanks for your help!

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,410

@jwb3rx said: Would you have the April lease rates for the GLK350 4matic 27mo and 36mo at 12k miles? Thanks for your help!

68% for 27 months; 57% for 36 months

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jwb3rxjwb3rx Posts: 10

Thanks Michael for the quick reply!

• speedcpuspeedcpu Posts: 5

Any may rates for Tier1, GLK350 4Matic, 27mo, 10k miles/yr. Thanks!

@speedcpu said: Any may rates for Tier1, GLK350 4Matic, 27mo, 10k miles/yr. Thanks!

.00103 and 69%

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Thanks. Follow up.. Does MB restrict certain programs/rates by location. I am in New York City and have already been told there is no 27 mo program by a dealer. Is that possible? He quoted me .00133 at 63% for 30mo, 10k/yr. ?? Is that even correct? Thanks.

@speedcpu said: Thanks. Follow up.. Does MB restrict certain programs/rates by location. I am in New York City and have already been told there is no 27 mo program by a dealer. Is that possible? He quoted me .00133 at 63% for 30mo, 10k/yr. ?? Is that even correct? Thanks.

The MB programs are national.

The featured program this month for the GLK350 4Motion is 36 months/10K miles per year. 58% residual and .00103 MF.

63% residual is correct for 30 month leases. It looks like the dealer is marking up the MF for extra profit.

Might be time to check with a different dealer.

Yeah, I think so too. What about the 27mo program, is that an actual available program I can expect from other dealers? Thanks again!

@speedcpu said: Yeah, I think so too. What about the 27mo program, is that an actual available program I can expect from other dealers? Thanks again!

Mercedes uses the 27 month term as a "special" on certain models. When they do, they usually use the 24 month residual for the 27 month term. This month, the GLK is not one of the models with a 27 month special.

So, while technically, they can quote a lease for any number of months that you wish, the 27 month term would not be a good choice, for this model, this month.

Great info! Very much appreciated!

@speedcpu said: Yeah, I think so too. What about the 27mo program, is that an actual available program I can expect from other dealers? Thanks again!

MB does have a program where some models are eligible for a 27 month program using 24 month residuals, but the GLK is not part of it.

Gotcha, again, thanks! That dealer indeed changed their tune to match your numbers... 24mo., 10k, .00103 and 69%. Those are fine with me. Will let you know if I make a deal and what it was. Thanks!

• chicagoggchicagogg Posts: 1
    edited May 16

I have been pricing out MB350GLK 2014 4Matic vehicles and getting leases in the $700 range with taxes on a car selling for $43K. Seems like a rip off. What would good #'s look like for a 2014 350GLK 4Matic, black, moonroof, heated seats for 36 months.

Dealers are showing me residuals of 55% which seems like they are screwing me.

@chicagogg said: I have been pricing out MB350GLK 2014 4Matic vehicles and getting leases in the $700 range with taxes on a car selling for $43K. Seems like a rip off. What would good #'s look like for a 2014 350GLK 4Matic, black, moonroof, heated seats for 36 months.

If, as your name implies, you live in Illinois, you are paying sales tax on the entire purchase price of the car, not just on the monthly payment. This makes the payment much higher.

55% is the residual for 36mo and 15k. MF is .00103.

• kar_freakkar_freak Posts: 22

@chicagogg said: I have been pricing out MB350GLK 2014 4Matic vehicles and getting leases in the $700 range with taxes on a car selling for $43K. Seems like a rip off. What would good #'s look like for a 2014 350GLK 4Matic, black, moonroof, heated seats for 36 months.

If you live in Illinois or Texas, you will be taxed for the entire sales price which makes leasing unattractive in these states. To make leasing attractive in these states, manufacturers offer 'Tax Credits' so you only have to pay a very small amount (~1.5%). Ask your dealer to apply tax credits which will drop the monthly payment significantly. These are different from the tax credits when trading in (where you only pay taxes on value over trade-in). You may have to shop around a couple dealers to find one that will agree to offer them. I have leased in both IL and TX and always got tax credits.

@kar_freak said: If you live in Illinois or Texas, you will be taxed for the entire sales price which makes leasing unattractive in these states. To make leasing attractive in these states, manufacturers offer 'Tax Credits' so you only have to pay a very small amount (~1.5%). Ask your dealer to apply tax credits which will drop the monthly payment significantly. These are different from the tax credits when trading in (where you only pay taxes on value over trade-in). You may have to shop around a couple dealers to find one that will agree to offer them. I have leased in both IL and TX and always got tax credits.

Illinois just passed legislation to change that. Any lease executed on 7/1/14 or later will only have the payment taxed.

• gvitalik1gvitalik1 Posts: 29
    Hi Everyone,

Looking for some feedback on lease deal offered:

MSRP 38605
    Sale price: 33050
    MF: 0.00088
    36months
    10k /yr
    $3k drive off
    Payment: 357.44 including 8.75% sales tax

@gvitalik1 said: Hi Everyone,
    MSRP 38605 Sale price: 33050 MF: 0.00088 36months 10k /yr $3k drive off Payment: 357.44 including 8.75% sales tax

Base money factor (with AUTOpay) and a nice discount.. Looks pretty good, given that it includes sales tax.

• billmvbillmv Posts: 145

@gvitalik1 said: Hi Everyone,
    MSRP 38605 Sale price: 33050 MF: 0.00088 36months 10k /yr $3k drive off Payment: 357.44 including 8.75% sales tax Can you break down the $3k drive off please? How much cap cost reduction was in that number?

• billmvbillmv Posts: 145

Can you break down the $3k drive off please? How much cap cost reduction was in that number?

• roylaroyla Posts: 1

Id like to get an opinion for a lease offer: GLK350 MSRP 47,250.00 30 MONTH OR 24 MONTH LEASE 15K miles a year 2000 DRIVE OFF, 515 a month out the door. is this a good deal?

@royla said: Id like to get an opinion for a lease offer: GLK350 MSRP 47,250.00 30 MONTH OR 24 MONTH LEASE 15K miles a year 2000 DRIVE OFF, 515 a month out the door. is this a good deal?

Can't give an educated opinion without the detail... A breakdown of the $2000, the selling price.. and, the tax rate.

• melonball3melonball3 Posts: 17

Could you please give me lease numbers for the following vehicle:

GLK 350 4matic 12K/year most attractive lease term (27? 30? 36?) Money factor Residual

GLK 250 Bluetec 12K/year most attractive lease term (27? 30? 36?) Money factor Residual

THANK YOU!