Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Lexus IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• iphadkeiphadke NJPosts: 8

Sorry - I can't find a way to edit the earlier post. This is for NJ.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,847

@slickyj said: Wow, thats a huge difference from February. The residual is really down 9% from last month?

Lexus (and Toyota) run so many regional special programs, that the information I get is not necessarily what you'll find in your area (try 20 or more programs across the country). I give the numbers I have, but I wouldn't vouch for them in a specific area of the country.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

@iphadke said: Hi... I am looking for residual and mf for 2014 ES300h, 15K/yr, 24/27 months lease. Thanks.

.00075 MF and 67% for 27mo, 10K/yr lease

• julio91julio91 Miami, FloridaPosts: 56

If anyone needs a good sales rep and does not matter what state you reside in ( he could ship the car pretty much anywhere, he saved my buddy up in Phoenix $80 a month) Inbox me for his info, I purchased 2 Lexus of this gentleman, straight forward, did not catch him in any lies, extremely resourceful, give it a try you know, Best luck everyone keep us posted.

• liljaden11liljaden11 Posts: 14

What's April's MF & Residual for IS350 RWD 12K/15K in NJ... Thank you

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

@liljaden11 said: What's April's MF & Residual for IS350 RWD 12K/15K in NJ... Thank you

We will need to know the lease term in order to provide the residual.

MF is .00085

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• saabguy914saabguy914 Posts: 48

Please post the residual for whatever term is most favorable (27 month?) for an IS350 RWD F-Sport for 10k and 12k miles. MF .00085? Thanks!

• liljaden11liljaden11 Posts: 14

@Michaell@Edmunds said: sorry...36mos

@liljaden11 said: sorry, 36 months

60% for 15K, 62% for 12K

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

@saabguy914 said: Please post the residual for whatever term is most favorable (27 month?) for an IS350 RWD F-Sport for 10k and 12k miles. MF .00085? Thanks!

10K / 12K residuals:

24mo - 73% / 72%

27mo - 71% / 70%

30mo - 68% / 67%

33mo - 66% / 65%

36mo - 63% / 62%

MF is .00085 for IS350 (tier 1+)

Thanks Michaell!

@saabguy914 said: Thanks Michaell!

Good luck - please come back and let us know how your shopping went!

edited April 15

Can anyone comment on these drive-off fees?

• $700 Acquisition Fee
    • $684 License Fee
    • $489 Dealer Doc Fee

Are they legit or can I negotiate them away/down? Thanks in advance!

@saabguy914 said: Can anyone comment on these drive-off fees?

• $700 Acquisition Fee
    • $684 License Fee
    • $489 Dealer Doc Fee

Are they legit or can I negotiate them away/down? Thanks in advance!

Acquisition fee is from Lexus Financial ... can't negotiate

License fee may be for your tags / registration ... check with the dealer

Dealer doc fee ... added by the dealer for extra profit. Negotiate the selling price down by an equivalent amount.

edited April 20

Here's what I was offered on a 2014 IS 350 F-Sport RWD.

• MSRP - $48,298
    • Selling Price - $44,988
    • MF - .00085
    • Residual on 27 mo/10k miles - 71%
    • Drive off amount (acq, doc, license, first mo) - $3,000
    • Payment including 7.95% sales tax - $494

The dealer was shady about detailing the drive-off fees so I suspect there was a small cap cost reduction in there. They would not budge on the doc fee and actually got really defensive about it. Their original offer was $708/mo with a ridiculously marked up MF. They were being very guarded with their numbers and trying to play games so we ended up leaving.

• julio91julio91 Miami, FloridaPosts: 56

Private messaged @saabguy914

@saabguy914 said: Here's what I was offered on a 2014 IS 350 F-Sport RWD.

• MSRP - $48,298
    • Selling Price - $44,988
    • MF - .00085
    • Residual on 27 mo/10k miles - 71%
    • Drive off amount (acq, doc, license, first mo) - $3,000
    • Payment including 7.95% sales tax - $494

The dealer was shady about detailing the drive-off fees so I suspect there was a small cap cost reduction in there. They would not budge on the doc fee and actually got really defensive about it. Their original offer was $708/mo with a ridiculously marked up MF. They were being very guarded with their numbers and trying to play games so we ended up leaving.

When I plug your numbers in, I get a pre-tax payment of $364.51 (with 7.95% tax, $393.49). I'd ask the dealer for a more thorough breakdown of their numbers.

And that's not assuming any cap cost reduction out of the $3000 drive off amount.

What state is this in?

edited April 21

@Michaell@Edmunds said: When I plug your numbers in, I get a pre-tax payment of $364.51 (with 7.95% tax, $393.49). I'd ask the dealer for a more thorough breakdown of their numbers.

And that's not assuming any cap cost reduction out of the $3000 drive off amount.

What state is this in?

Can you please double check your calculations? I get a pre-tax payment of $463.54 and a post-tax (7.95%) payment of $500.39, which is why I suspect there's a small cap cost reduction hidden in the drive-off fee. This is in AZ. Thanks for your help.

@saabguy914 said: Can you please double check your calculations? I get a pre-tax payment of $463.54 and a post-tax (7.95%) payment of $500.39, which is why I suspect there's a small cap cost reduction hidden in the drive-off fee. This is in AZ. Thanks for your help.

Oops .. forgot to change the lease term from 36 months to 27 months.

My numbers now match up with yours.

\

@Michaell@Edmunds said:

Oops .. forgot to change the lease term from 36 months to 27 months.

My numbers now match up with yours.

OK, cool. Thanks.

• lexusman3lexusman3 Posts: 5

how do i send a private message to the admin? I would like some help regarding my lease numbers

Hello,

I have got my pricing and everything sorted out and have been working with a dealer for the lease numbers but they seem really off. Do help me. I do not know the MF either so do help me. I should be tier 1+ They gave me $498 + tax. However, people who bought the car for a higher selling price with similar scenario are paying significantly less.

MSRP: $47008

SP: $42108

Lease Term: 27 months

Zip code: 95134 (Tax Rate 8.75%)

Residual on 27 months/10k :: 71%

Down payment: $1000

And how much should the payment differential be if i want to go for 15k miles. Please help. Much appreciated

@lexusman3 said: Hello,

I have got my pricing and everything sorted out and have been working with a dealer for the lease numbers but they seem really off. Do help me. I do not know the MF either so do help me. I should be tier 1+ They gave me $498 + tax. However, people who bought the car for a higher selling price with similar scenario are paying significantly less.

MSRP: $47008

SP: $42108

Lease Term: 27 months

Zip code: 95134 (Tax Rate 8.75%)

Residual on 27 months/10k :: 71%

Down payment: $1000

And how much should the payment differential be if i want to go for 15k miles. Please help. Much appreciated

At that selling price and MSRP, and using the base money factor of .00085, I get a payment of $387/mo.+tax. But that doesn't account for an acquisition fee or title/license fees. You should ask the dealer the NET CAP cost on the quote. The difference between the selling price and the NET cap will probably tell you why your payment seems too high. (also, ask them to disclose the money factor, as they may be marking it up).

Going to 15K/yr, lowers the residual by 3%, and adds about $51/mo.+tax to the payment. Shorter term leases are great, you are paying an extra 3% of the MSRP, just like if you were doing a 36 month lease, but you have to amortize it over the shorter term, which is why it's such a big jump.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said: Going to 15K/yr, lowers the residual by 3%, and adds about $51/mo.+tax to the payment. Shorter term leases are great, you are paying an extra 3% of the MSRP, just like if you were doing a 36 month lease, but you have to amortize it over the shorter term, which is why it's such a big jump.

Thank you for the reply. I found out the acquisition fee is $700 and the title and registration fees add up to 511.75 to be precise. Is it possible if you could help me with the calculation again? Valid point on the shorter term! You think the paymentst are same 36 months as are the 27 months?

I can add $1211 into the calculation... that brings the payment up to $433+tax. Still short of $498, even if you add $36/mo. tax. I don't think 36 months will be cheaper, especially on a 10K/yr lease, as you've negotiated a big discount.. The numbers get closer if you go to 15K/yr.

But, now that you have more information, we should revisit your first post. Is the "$1000 down" the total amount due at signing? Or is that a down-payment, to which you still need to add 1st payment and acquisition fee, etc? I ask, because now that you know you have a $700 acquisition fee and $511 in title fees, you have to know if they are included in the payment, or are they added to your due at signing?

In addition to the information from your first post, you need three numbers:

1) Money factor being used for your quote
    2) Net Cap Cost (selling price plus any additions or subtractions to amount "financed")
    3) Total amount due at signing

They are giving you information piecemeal, but that makes it hard to know what you are getting into and why their quote seems too high. If their quote doesn't add up, they are adding things into the CAP cost, or they are marking up the money factor. Also, "$1000 down" is an amorphous term. Is that what you pay upfront? Or, is there more?

edited April 25

Okay. So let me break it down for you. Basically, the 1k covers the Registration, Title and other fees of $511.75 and first months payment. It doesn't include the acquisition. It should be considered an amount due at signing. Now, whats frustrating is the fact that I can't get a proper break down for anything. I want everything in my head right now so I can go buy it. I got one quote with an $1100 higher price BUT a lower payment LOL (compared to their quote on 15k) as opposed to your quote (which is 10 dollars less... still insignificant since its a 1100 dollar difference... payment should be atleast 34 dollars lowers shouldnt it? )

@lexusman3 said: Okay. So let me break it down for you. Basically, the 1k covers the Registration, Title and other fees of $511.75 and first months payment. It doesn't include the acquisition. It should be considered an amount due at signing. Now, whats frustrating is the fact that I can't get a proper break down for anything. I want everything in my head right now so I can go buy it. I got one quote with an $1100 higher price BUT a lower payment LOL (compared to their quote on 15k) as opposed to your quote (which is 10 dollars less... still insignificant since its a 1100 dollar difference... payment should be atleast 34 dollars lowers shouldnt it? )

Adding the $700 to the selling price (CAP cost $42808), I get a payment of $414/mo.+ tax for 27mo, 10K/yr, using .00085 as the money factor. That's about $450/mo. with tax. So, i'm seeing about $44/mo. pretax in difference... If they were giving you 15K/yr (68% residual), then the numbers would be right on.

The one answer you haven't received from the dealer is the money factor they are using. It's my slightly educated guess that they are marking up the MF for extra profit.

• mmflpammflpa Posts: 3

Can I please have the MF and residual for a 42 month lease on a 2014 IS convertible for Florida and Pennsylvania? 7,500 miles a year.

I'm pretty sure they are too. I have mentioned it several times and have gotten no reply as of yet. Been 3 days since last contact. Anyways, if i have any problems when i visit the dealership I shall contact you good sir. Thank you for your help! much appreciated! Will make those numbers happen. You wait and see lol

@mmflpa said: Can I please have the MF and residual for a 42 month lease on a 2014 IS convertible for Florida and Pennsylvania? 7,500 miles a year.

IS 350 convertible?

54% residual. I don't have the money factor, but I'm going to guess that this model uses Lexus' standard money factor of .00170