Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1999 Ram pickups

2»

Comments

• emaleemale Posts: 1,380
    i suppose the new electronic tranny will probably accompany the new ohc engines. i read that the new tranny/ohc powertrain in the 1999 grand cherokee has been designed for a minimum life of 150k miles. hopefully even more durability will be built into the powertrain when it bows in the ram.
  • 33huntr33huntr Posts: 8
    I've been looking for a dealer that can tell me if I can order a 99 Quad Cab Cummins with a 6 spd. manual. I have'nt found one yet that can tell me if the 6 spd. will definitely be available or not. Does anyone know of a dealer with the information on the options available for the 99's.

A friend of mine told me that their is a huge dealer in Oklahoma that gets in more trucks than most other dealers, and has the best selection. Is that true? And which dealer is it?
  • jkendalljkendall Posts: 30
    33huntr: The Oklahoma dealer is Lynn Hickey Dodge
    In OK City. Ask for Jim Homan who is an upper level type manager. Tell him Jim Kendall, friend
    of Dick Stowers referred you. He'll make you a
    really good deal. He'll even order one for you.
    Good luck.
    Thanks for the info, jkendall. I will give him a call early tomarrow.

I will be ordering a Quad Cab 2500HD 4x4 Diesel, I hope I don't have to wait too long. But I know I'am looking at 14-16 weeks.....It WILL be worth it!!!
    Well, I got bad news for anyone looking for a 6 spd. tranny like I was for a 99 Quad Cab 4x4 Diesel.
    I saw a dealer option list for the "New Dodge" and guess what? No six speed tranny available when ordering a new Dodge. The lists are updated every 3 months, so I was told. I also was told that no six spd. is foreseen till mid 99 or early 2000.

I hope that I am NOT right, and if someone has better news I'll be willing to listen.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    first batch of 1999 Ram prices are in. Barely an increase at all.

http://www.media.chrysler.com/wwwpr98/276e.htm
2»
This discussion has been closed.