Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Lease Questions

Comments

• alexu01905alexu01905 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

Do you possibly know the residual value and the money factor for a 2014 fwd CX-5 Touring in the Boston area for the month of August? 10K miles and 42 month lease. also what is the invoice price for this car?

Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090
    For the state of MA,

.00046 and 52%

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi CarMan.

Would it be possible for you to provide the money factor and residual on a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring (AWD), in Washington state? The model I'm specifically looking at has $405 worth of options added, in addition to the Tech package.

I've been quoted the following:

- MSRP of $31,895
    - Cap Cost at invoice - $30,798
    - Term - 36 months with 12K miles a year
    - Down payment - $3,000
    - Residual - $17,861.20
    - Payment - $357.08 plus tax ($392.07 total)

Do your figures line up with this? Is this a bad deal?

Thanks so much in advance!
    Matt
    To hit that number, your net CAP cost would have to be about $29,800..

So... if you are putting $3000 down, where did the other $2000 go?

regards,
    kyfdx

• Hi kyfdx,

I'm not sure I follow. Could you clarify what you mean by the other $2,000, and where you're getting the $29,800 from?

Thanks for your help!
    Matt
    I ran your numbers in a spreadsheet... To achieve the payment that you were quoted, the CAP cost would have to be $29,800..

You said your CAP cost was $30,800, and you put $3000 down.... I assume $1000 of that went to lower the CAP cost... That still leaves $2000.

So, unless you are making up for negative equity on a trade-in, or there is something else we don't know, then the deal doesn't add up.

regards,
    kyfdx

• Ahh, i see what's happened.

OK, the MSRP original cost was $31,895, but through our employer relationship with the local dealership, we are given invoice pricing (i believe depending on the model etc). This automatically gets it down to the $30,798 as the starting point.

It's on this figure, that we apply the $3,000 down.

Does that clarify the situation? Apologies - a lot of this is new to me!

Thanks so much for your help!
    Matt
    edited August 2013
    To come up with your payment, the net CAP cost would have to be about $29,800..

Since the selling price is $30,800, and you put $3000 upfront, then about $1000 of your upfront money went to reduce the CAP cost... Where does the other $2000 go? (1st payment? Acquisition fee? Title/license fees? Document fee?)

Some of those charges can be legitimate, but others can be predatory... Beware the $699 dealer fee or document fee... that's just added profit...
    I'd want to see a breakdown of how the $3000 was allocated.

regards,
    kyfdx

• Hi CarMan.

Can you provided the money factor and residual for Alabama for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease on a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring (FWD) with the Tech Package?
    .00052 and 54%

• Hi Car Man, could you please provide the residual and money factor for a 2014 CX-5 Touring at 12k a year in Miami, Florida?
    .00014 and 55%.. Assuming 2WD, since you are in Florida..

• dbl_ddbl_d Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Hi Car Man, could you please provide the residual and money factor for a 2014 AWD CX-5 Touring at 12k a year for 3years in Minneapolis , MN
    .00024 MF and 56% residual..

regards,
    kyfdx

• Hi Car Man and others on this forum,

Can you please tell me if the below lease option on a Mazda CX-5 in Indianapolis, IN is a good deal or no?

Mazda CX-5 Touring (AWD) with Bose/Moonroof Package and Appearance Package
    Downpayment of $2000, 36 month lease/12k a year = $362
    if it is a 48 month lease, they quoted $349 a month

Is AWD worth it in Indiana? We do get quite a lot of snow about 3 months in a year.

Thanks,
    SS
  • I can't get the answer from Chase so I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm in Florida and I have a leased '14 CX5 Touring, I've only made 5 payments, so 31 to go @ $286/mo, 15k/yr and my situation has changed, making it necessary for me to get rid of my beloved CX5. Does anyone know how much the fees are for a lease transfer? How long it will take? Will I be off the lease completely or will I still be held responsible if the person that assumes my lease stops making payments? I've read some high end leases will come after the original lessee if the new owner flakes, but I have no experience with this as its my first leased vehicle. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,056
    Will you still need a car in your new circumstances? Your best bet would be to ride out the lease. Most alternatives to exit the lease early are going to be expensive.

There are a number of third party websites where you can list your Mazda and have someone take over the lease payments. However, you may have to provide a cash incentive to that person.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I would like to know the money factor and residual for a 2014 Grand Touring AWD on a 36 mo 12,000 mi per year lease. I live in Grand Rapids , Michigan Thanks
  • Hi kyfdx,
    Could you please provide the residual and money factor for a 2014 CX-5 AWD Grand Touring without technology package at 15k miles/year for 3 years in Minneapolis, MN?
    Thank you!
    2014 CX-5 AWD Grand Touring 36mo, 15K/yr lease in MN
    .00011 MF and 54% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

• jmsamlerjmsamler Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    Can you please provide the MF/Residual for a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring front wheel drive in Michigan, 36 months, 15k miles. Thanks
    2014 CX-5 Grand Touring front wheel drive in Michigan, 36 months, 15k miles
    .00011 MF and 53% residual

• rodistrodist Posts: 36
    edited October 2013
    kyfdx@Edmunds Can you be so kind to provided the October Money factors and Residuals for a
    2014 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring ALL WHEEL DRIVE. 36 / 12 and 42 / 12
    Thank You
    2014 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring AWD in IL 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00040 MF and 55% residual

42mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00065 MF and 52% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

• Could you let me know what MF and residual would be on 36 month lease for CX-5 AWD GT and also Touring in IL in November?

It looks to me like their incentives for leasing on CX-5 got worse today unless I'm not remembering October correctly...
    It will be a few days before we get the new rates..

• I feel like i've read everything but still don't get it. I'm considering the Mazda 5 (not sure which trim yet, but likely the automatic base model).

I want to be able to walk into the dealership knowing the lowest lease that is possible to get so i can not budge until i get it. The problem is no matter how much i've read i still can't figure out what that is.

Can someone kindly help me by providing the exact calculation (feel free to use an example) i should be using to determine lease rate on a 36 mo, 10,000/yr, all in (including taxes), no money down Mazda 5. (I want to be able to use this calculation to compare other cars - though i know they'll have different residuals and money factors)

Also, i know i'm supposed to find the residual and money factor from the finance dept of the dealership but is this constant? Will it be the same no matter where i ask? I'm in New York City (in case that matters).

Lastly, how do i determine what might be the rock bottom cost for the car - to include in the calculation? When i see average price ranges listed for the car on Edmunds, should i just take the lowest average or is that still high? Thanks so much for your help. I want to do all my research before walking into the dealership. Thanks!
  • Hi kyfdx,,
    Any chance you have the numbers for 36 months with 10k miles in NY?

Thanks!
    Sure.... what model?

• Usually helps doesnt it....

Both CX-5 Touring AWD and GT AWD please.