Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 4,981

@tylerw49 said: Can I please get the residual/MF on a 2014 I Touring w/Manual Trans and a 2015 I Touring w/Manual Trans, 36 month 15k per year lease. Iowa.

Sorry, one more question - sedan or hatch?

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tylerw49tylerw49 Posts: 10

Michaell, looking at the hatch on both. Thanks.

@tylerw49 said: @tylerw49 said: Can I please get the residual/MF on a 2014 I Touring w/Manual Trans and a 2015 I Touring w/Manual Trans, 36 month 15k per year lease. Iowa. Michaell, looking at the hatch on both. Thanks.

2014 3i Touring - 59% and .00081

I have no information on the 2015's as yet.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• hoosierbmwhoosierbmw Posts: 9

Thought I would share my latest deal... I just leased a Mazda3 Touring i. Price out the door was $230 including sales tax. ...36/36 i added the tech package and fog lights....I traded my leased Kia Forte for this lease..it was a 2011 Kia Forte 28K miles on it. They showed me a trade of 11K..so that seemed fair according to Edmunds TMV. I welcome comments.

Could you provide the figures for the 3 on a 42 month lease? Same mileage/trim as before.

Thanks!

@tylerw49 said: Could you provide the figures for the 3 on a 42 month lease? Same mileage/trim as before.

Thanks!

Sorry, the May lease numbers for Mazda aren't available to us yet.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,572

@tylerw49 said: Could you provide the figures for the 3 on a 42 month lease? Same mileage/trim as before.

Can I please get the residual/MF on a 2014 I Touring w/Manual Trans and a 2015 I Touring w/Manual Trans, 36 month 15k per year lease. Hatchback in Iowa

Thank you!

2014:
    .00064 MF and 58% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.
    .00108 MF and 54% residual for 42mo, 15K/yr.

I don't have any 2015 Mazda 3 info, for this month.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• nymed1986nymed1986 Posts: 1

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help from this forum so far, it's really been great. Currently I am looking at leasing a 2014 Mazda 3 i Touring manual transmission sedan with Technology package in New York. Looking to do a 36month 36k mile lease with as little down as possible. MSRP of the vehicle is $22,195 with a sale price right around $21,700. Was hoping to receive a little more information regarding the money factor and residual for this vehicle for the month of May, if available. Also, the dealer mentioned to me a sign and drive lease for $229 a month with no money down on a car priced at 20,300. Just wondering if this deal would scale up accordingly to the slightly more expensive model I'm looking at or how that would work. Any information would be extremely helpful. Thank you in advance for all the help.

@nymed1986 said: Hi all,

Thanks for all the help from this forum so far, it's really been great. Currently I am looking at leasing a 2014 Mazda 3 i Touring manual transmission sedan with Technology package in New York. Looking to do a 36month 36k mile lease with as little down as possible. MSRP of the vehicle is $22,195 with a sale price right around $21,700. Was hoping to receive a little more information regarding the money factor and residual for this vehicle for the month of May, if available. Also, the dealer mentioned to me a sign and drive lease for $229 a month with no money down on a car priced at 20,300. Just wondering if this deal would scale up accordingly to the slightly more expensive model I'm looking at or how that would work. Any information would be extremely helpful. Thank you in advance for all the help.

We don't yet have the NY numbers from Mazda.

So I have to ask.. am I being lied to by the dealer? I brought the numbers you provided to them and they said they get their numbers directly from Mazda and they do not stack up to what you guys are getting... MF is almost double (I have excellent credit) and the Residual is off by a few %. Thanks for your insight!

@tylerw49 said: So I have to ask.. am I being lied to by the dealer? I brought the numbers you provided to them and they said they get their numbers directly from Mazda and they do not stack up to what you guys are getting... MF is almost double (I have excellent credit) and the Residual is off by a few %. Thanks for your insight!

The bank allows dealers to mark-up the money factor for extra profit. I would assume that is what is happening, in your case. Our numbers come from Mazda, too. I'll check, but I'm pretty sure that we have no motivation to lie. :p

• roadrageeroadragee CaliforniaPosts: 70

Hi

Do you have numbers 36 month 12k miles/year lease on Mazda3 S Touring hatchback in California?

Thank you!

@roadragee said: Hi

Do you have numbers 36 month 12k miles/year lease on Mazda3 S Touring hatchback in California?

Thank you!

58% and .00031

@Michaell@Edmunds said: 58% and .00031

Thanks! One for the Sedan as well pls?

.00014 MF and 57% residual

Thank you!

• axle451axle451 Posts: 1

Do you have the MF and residual #s in NC for a 2014 Mazda 3 iTouring HB? MSRP $21940, cap cost $20702, 3Yr/10k per

@axle451 said: Do you have the MF and residual #s in NC for a 2014 Mazda 3 iTouring HB? MSRP $21940, cap cost $20702, 3Yr/10k per

60% and .00064

What would the residual/MF be on a 2014 I touring Sedan? Do additions change these figures? Looking at adding the Tech package and Fog Lights/Interior lighting.. If they do change the residual/MF can you throw out the #s with and without the additions? Could you also provide the figures for the I Grand Touring Sedan with Fog Lights/Interior lighting?

Thank you very much!

@tylerw49 said: What would the residual/MF be on a 2014 I touring Sedan? Do additions change these figures? Looking at adding the Tech package and Fog Lights/Interior lighting.. If they do change the residual/MF can you throw out the #s with and without the additions? Could you also provide the figures for the I Grand Touring Sedan with Fog Lights/Interior lighting?

Thank you very much!

The only thing that changes the residual for Mazda is whether the car is a manual or automatic transmission; specific options or packages do not affect the residual.

I Touring Sedan AT - 60% for 36 months, 15K per year. .00050 MF

I Grand Touring Sedan AT - 58% for 36 months, 15K per year. Same MF

Add 1% for 12K, 2% for 10K

Deduct 5% for stick on Touring, and deduct 2% for stick on Grand Touring.

I appreciate the input! Any suggestions on how to go about getting the dealer to honor these figures? They continue to tell me that your figures are wrong and that they get theirs directly from Mazda... You all have no reason to lie while they get financial gain by marking up my costs... Is it possible to secure these numbers by calling Mazda/JP Morgan myself to initiate the lease, or do I just have to refuse to leave with the car unless they use the correct figures?

Thank you!!

@tylerw49 said: I appreciate the input! Any suggestions on how to go about getting the dealer to honor these figures? They continue to tell me that your figures are wrong and that they get theirs directly from Mazda... You all have no reason to lie while they get financial gain by marking up my costs... Is it possible to secure these numbers by calling Mazda/JP Morgan myself to initiate the lease, or do I just have to refuse to leave with the car unless they use the correct figures?

Thank you!!

It seems like it's time to contact another Mazda dealer.

You can certainly try to contact Mazda/JPMC directly to see what they have to say about the lease figures, but I'm not sure how far you'll get.

You won't get anywhere calling the bank. The money factor is a negotiable number between the dealer and you, and no bank that has a working relationship with the dealer would disclose that information, and undercut their customer (the dealer)

• ashasashas Posts: 2

Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2014 Mazda 3 i sv automatic and the quote I got from the dealer for a 36 Month lease:is MSRP: $18,790 Sale Price:$17,980 Down: $2500 Residual: 61% / $11,461.90 Money Factor: 0.00013 Base Payment: $155 Total Payment including Tax: $168.56

It feels like a good deal to me, but this is the first I've ever done a lease and I would appreciate a 2nd opinion.

@ashas said: Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2014 Mazda 3 i sv automatic and the quote I got from the dealer for a 36 Month lease:is MSRP: $18,790 Sale Price:$17,980 Down: $2500 Residual: 61% / $11,461.90 Money Factor: 0.00013 Base Payment: $155 Total Payment including Tax: $168.56

It feels like a good deal to me, but this is the first I've ever done a lease and I would appreciate a 2nd opinion.

What state is this? How does the $2500 break down? How many miles per year?

• ashasashas Posts: 2

California, 10k and It's like pulling teeth to get the breakdown, I said "down payment of 2500" but they seem to be rolling everything into it, first payment, Licence and Reg and I can't get the acquisition fee out them with pliers

• tuditudi Posts: 1

Does any one have residual/MF numbers on a 2014 I touring Sedan 10K 36MO in California? Much appreciated.

@tudi said: Does any one have residual/MF numbers on a 2014 I touring Sedan 10K 36MO in California? Much appreciated.

.00014 MF and 62% residual. Deduct 5% for manual transmission

• presicepresice Posts: 2

Looking for residual/MF numbers on a 2014 S touring Hatchback, 12K 36 months. I'm a NY resident. If I get the car from a dealer in NJ, would they charge me the NY rate or NJ rate? Thanks in advance!

@presice said: Looking for residual/MF numbers on a 2014 S touring Hatchback, 12K 36 months. I'm a NY resident. If I get the car from a dealer in NJ, would they charge me the NY rate or NJ rate? Thanks in advance!

NJ and NY rates are the same - 57% and .00014