Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,808

@aigochamaloh said: Posted in the 3 forum, but do you have the numbers for a sport in CA?

.00002 MF and 56% for 36mo, 15K/yr lease. Subtract 1% for manual transmission.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi kyfdx,

I was hoping to get your opinion on this offer I have from a local TX Mazda dealer. It's for a 2014 Mazda i Touring with tech package, black w/ black interior.

MSRP: $27,490 Sale Price: $23,000 (includes $1000 loyalty rebate and $400 lease incentive rebate) plus TTL. Terms: 36 months, 15k miles per year - 55% residual - .00032 MF. Acquisition fee of $595 and disposition fee of $300. Dealer is throwing in tint and 2 years of oil changes for free. I'm calculating $311 + TTL for the monthly payment. Does that sound about right? What do you think of the deal overall? Thanks for all of your help on the forums!

• Also, it's an automatic transmission. Thanks!

Are you adding something to the selling price, before calculating the lease? Because with the selling price as the Cap cost, I'm getting $231/mo, plus tax.

• You're absolutely right. I was using my good ol' math skills instead of an online calculator specific to leasing. I just got $231 per month plus TTL as well. Good deal you think?

• Question. How close do people get to calculated prices? Can you walk into a dealership using, say a price promise quote, and use that as the cap cost? Do they even go for that?

@lexusguy23 said: You're absolutely right. I was using my good ol' math skills instead of an online calculator specific to leasing. I just got $231 per month plus TTL as well. Good deal you think?

Yeah.. that's cheap.

@aigochamaloh said: Question. How close do people get to calculated prices? Can you walk into a dealership using, say a price promise quote, and use that as the cap cost? Do they even go for that?

Not necessarily Mazda, but in general, some incentives are only good for purchase, but not for a lease. I'm not that up on the Price Promise (I should be, though, huh?), so I'm not sure how that would work with a lease.

If you know every variable, there is no reason that you couldn't calculate a lease down to the penny. But, for example, in the $231/mo. payment above, that payment doesn't include taxes, acquisition fee, doc fees, title/registration fees, etc, etc, etc.. But, I've negotiated leases that have everything spelled out to the penny, and made exactly that deal. Not my first lease, though... lol

• @kyfdx@Edmunds said: If you know every variable, there is no reason that you couldn't calculate a lease down to the penny. But, for example, in the $231/mo. payment above, that payment doesn't include taxes, acquisition fee, doc fees, title/registration fees, etc, etc, etc.. But, I've negotiated leases that have everything spelled out to the penny, and made exactly that deal. Not my first lease, though... lol

Haha yea I have two spreadsheets I made and it helped me understand all the math much better. I feel very prepared come Monday.

Do dealers get all the same kickbacks and holdback whether they lease or sell?

I calculate 198/month on the sport before taxes and fees and blah blah. Around 242 after all fees and everything rolled in.

On that note, can dealers roll in every fee into the monthly payment so you can drive off with only first month payment?

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,353

@aigochamaloh said: On that note, can dealers roll in every fee into the monthly payment so you can drive off with only first month payment?

It may depend upon the state ... I recently leased a Hyundai here in Colorado and my only out of pocket expense was the first month's payment (no license fees paid at the dealer). Everything else was either rolled into the payment or taken care of by the incentive cash available from Hyundai.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

@aigochamaloh said: On that note, can dealers roll in every fee into the monthly payment so you can drive off with only first month payment?

If you are in a state that taxes the monthly payment, you may want to pay true government fees, like title/registration upfront.. So, that you aren't taxed on those amounts within the monthly payment. Acquisition and doc fees are usually taxed anyway, if paid upfront, so I always roll all of those in. Generally, my "due at signing" payments are equal to the first payment + $150, more or less.. I've done a couple of leases where the first payment was waived under a special program. On those, ZERO due at signing...

• andantandant Posts: 11

Could you please tell me MF and Residual on Mazda 6 Touring Automatic, 36mo, 15K miles lease in NY for February? Thanks!

@andant said: Could you please tell me MF and Residual on Mazda 6 Touring Automatic, 36mo, 15K miles lease in NY for February? Thanks!

.00002 MF and 55% residual

• Well. Leased a 2014 sport in soul red with absolutely zero drive off at $250 a month, including taxes. I feel like I did well. thanks for all the help!

$250/mo is good for just about any car... Congrats!

• @kyfdx@Edmunds said: $250/mo is good for just about any car... Congrats!

Thanks so much for all the help. Depending on the experience of this lease at the end, I may have to completely change my thoughts on leasing. So far so good!

• deevedeeve Posts: 10
    edited February 15

Hello, I am looking for lease numbers on a 2014 Grand Touring in Oregon for 36 month at 15k year miles. Thanks! DAVE

• Hi kyfdx,

Could you please look up the money factors and residuals for a 2014 Mazda6 Sport & Touring Auto for 36mo/15k miles per year in Philadelphia, PA? Thanks!

• I thought i got a good deal. After reading this forum, I'm not so sure.

New 2014 Touring. Zero out of pocket: Dealer covered all costs including 1st month payment, new title and license - plus gave me check to cover the last four payments on my 2010 Mazda 6, which I keep until its lease runs out.

42 months, 10k miles, $306/month after taxes.

@deeve said: Hello, I am looking for lease numbers on a 2014 Grand Touring in Oregon for 36 month at 15k year miles. Thanks! DAVE

.00032 MF and 57% residual

@balthazar9 said: Hi kyfdx,

Could you please look up the money factors and residuals for a 2014 Mazda6 Sport & Touring Auto for 36mo/15k miles per year in Philadelphia, PA? Thanks!

.00030 MF and 57%/55% residuals, respectively. Automatic transmission.

• @kyfdx@Edmunds said: .00030 MF and 57%/55% residuals, respectively. Automatic transmission.

Thanks kyfdx! The figures you quoted deeve above got me curious, if it's not to much trouble can you get me the GT figures too?

@balthazar9 said: Thanks kyfdx! The figures you quoted deeve above got me curious, if it's not to much trouble can you get me the GT figures too?

GT residual is 57% in PA.

I might have given you the wrong residual on the Sport, above.. It is 56%, not 57%

• Hope I'm not being redundant here. Looking for numbers for Mazda 3 and 6 Sport, Touring and GT, 24 or 36 mos., 15k per year. In NJ, all automatic. Thanks!

@leslied11 said: Hope I'm not being redundant here. Looking for numbers for Mazda 3 and 6 Sport, Touring and GT, 24 or 36 mos., 15k per year. In NJ, all automatic. Thanks!

Mazda6 Sport: .00002 MF and 56% residual

Touring residual is 55%. GT residual is 57%.

24 month terms aren't worth quoting, given the low residuals.

• tanyet38tanyet38 Posts: 3
    edited February 27

does anyone have the MF and Residual for Mississippi on a 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 36 months? Thanks for all the assistance in the past. This site is a wonderful resource.

@tanyet38 said: does anyone have the MF and Residual for Mississippi on a 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 36 months? Thanks for all the assistance in the past. This site is a wonderful resource.

.00058 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

• thanks for the reply. I just got .00032 and 57% from my local dealer a few hours ago. Maybe he's mixed up

@tanyet38 said: thanks for the reply. I just got .00032 and 57% from my local dealer a few hours ago. Maybe he's mixed up

He gave you 2014 model numbers