Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Mazda6 Lease Questions

123578

Comments

  • john420john420 Posts: 28
    edited February 5

    2014 Mazda 6 GT 36 month & 39 months 15K miles in NJ. MF & Residual

  • pmarchvspmarchvs Posts: 2

    Do you have lease rates and residuals for a Mazda6 Sport and Touring with a 12k mile and 15k mile lease, 36mo in the Orlando, FL area? Thank you!

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904

    @john420 said: 2014 Mazda 6 GT 36 month & 39 months 15K miles in NJ. MF & Residual

    I only have the national numbers, this month.. I think NJ might have better money factors, but I don't have that info.

    .00058 MF and 55% residual for 36 months.

    .00066 MF and 53% for 39 months.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904

    @pmarchvs said: Do you have lease rates and residuals for a Mazda6 Sport and Touring with a 12k mile and 15k mile lease, 36mo in the Orlando, FL area? Thank you!

    Sport: .00058 MF and 57% residual for 15K, 58% for 12K/yr

    Touring residuals are 2% lower.

    Again, Florida may have a lower money factor, but I don't have that info, this month.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • rbfrommarbfromma Posts: 1

    Do you have MF and residual for MA?
    2014 Mazda6 GT and Touring - 36 mo/12K yr

  • swatsswats Posts: 3
    edited February 6

    Hi, can I please get the MF and Residual for a 2014 Mazda6 GT for 36mo and 10K per year in Connecticut? Thanks.

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904

    @rbfromma said: Do you have MF and residual for MA?
    2014 Mazda6 GT and Touring - 36 mo/12K yr

    .00058 MF and 56% residual for 36 months.

    That's the national numbers. Money factor may be lower in MA.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904

    @swats said: Hi, can I please get the MF and Residual for a 2014 Mazda6 GT for 36mo and 10K per year in Connecticut? Thanks.

    .00058 MF and 57% residual for 36 months.

    That's the national numbers. Money factor may be lower in CT.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904

    Money factors for MA and CT are actually .00030 for 36 months!

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Posted in the 3 forum, but do you have the numbers for a sport in CA?

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904

    @aigochamaloh said: Posted in the 3 forum, but do you have the numbers for a sport in CA?

    .00002 MF and 56% for 36mo, 15K/yr lease. Subtract 1% for manual transmission.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Hi kyfdx,

    I was hoping to get your opinion on this offer I have from a local TX Mazda dealer. It's for a 2014 Mazda i Touring with tech package, black w/ black interior.

    MSRP: $27,490 Sale Price: $23,000 (includes $1000 loyalty rebate and $400 lease incentive rebate) plus TTL. Terms: 36 months, 15k miles per year - 55% residual - .00032 MF. Acquisition fee of $595 and disposition fee of $300. Dealer is throwing in tint and 2 years of oil changes for free. I'm calculating $311 + TTL for the monthly payment. Does that sound about right? What do you think of the deal overall? Thanks for all of your help on the forums!

  • Also, it's an automatic transmission. Thanks!

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904

    Are you adding something to the selling price, before calculating the lease? Because with the selling price as the Cap cost, I'm getting $231/mo, plus tax.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • You're absolutely right. I was using my good ol' math skills instead of an online calculator specific to leasing. I just got $231 per month plus TTL as well. Good deal you think?

  • Question. How close do people get to calculated prices? Can you walk into a dealership using, say a price promise quote, and use that as the cap cost? Do they even go for that?

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904

    @lexusguy23 said: You're absolutely right. I was using my good ol' math skills instead of an online calculator specific to leasing. I just got $231 per month plus TTL as well. Good deal you think?

    Yeah.. that's cheap.

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904

    @aigochamaloh said: Question. How close do people get to calculated prices? Can you walk into a dealership using, say a price promise quote, and use that as the cap cost? Do they even go for that?

    Not necessarily Mazda, but in general, some incentives are only good for purchase, but not for a lease. I'm not that up on the Price Promise (I should be, though, huh?), so I'm not sure how that would work with a lease.

    If you know every variable, there is no reason that you couldn't calculate a lease down to the penny. But, for example, in the $231/mo. payment above, that payment doesn't include taxes, acquisition fee, doc fees, title/registration fees, etc, etc, etc.. But, I've negotiated leases that have everything spelled out to the penny, and made exactly that deal. Not my first lease, though... lol

    Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • @kyfdx@Edmunds said: If you know every variable, there is no reason that you couldn't calculate a lease down to the penny. But, for example, in the $231/mo. payment above, that payment doesn't include taxes, acquisition fee, doc fees, title/registration fees, etc, etc, etc.. But, I've negotiated leases that have everything spelled out to the penny, and made exactly that deal. Not my first lease, though... lol

    Haha yea I have two spreadsheets I made and it helped me understand all the math much better. I feel very prepared come Monday.

    Do dealers get all the same kickbacks and holdback whether they lease or sell?

    I calculate 198/month on the sport before taxes and fees and blah blah. Around 242 after all fees and everything rolled in.

    On that note, can dealers roll in every fee into the monthly payment so you can drive off with only first month payment?

  • Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,175

    @aigochamaloh said: On that note, can dealers roll in every fee into the monthly payment so you can drive off with only first month payment?

    It may depend upon the state ... I recently leased a Hyundai here in Colorado and my only out of pocket expense was the first month's payment (no license fees paid at the dealer). Everything else was either rolled into the payment or taken care of by the incentive cash available from Hyundai.

    michaell@edmunds.com

    Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.