Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,827

@colby04 said: Are June money factor and residual values avail for '14 Touring 36 month - 12K/yr in AZ? Any difference in numbers for '14 vs '15?

.00030 MF and 57% residual. (automatic)

2015: .00029 MF and 60% residual

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• inwesterinwester Posts: 14

Can you please share the money factor and residual values for '14 and/or '15 Mazda 6 Grand Touring for June (in NJ)?

Any one leased from New Jersey, what's a good deal and who's a good dealer? This would be the first time I'm leasing a car.

Thank you!

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

@inwester said: Can you please share the money factor and residual values for '14 and/or '15 Mazda 6 Grand Touring for June (in NJ)?

Any one leased from New Jersey, what's a good deal and who's a good dealer? This would be the first time I'm leasing a car.

Thank you!

What lease term? How many miles per year?

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

36 months, 12,000 or 15,000 miles/year.

@inwester said: Can you please share the money factor and residual values for '14 and/or '15 Mazda 6 Grand Touring for June (in NJ)? 36 months, 12,000 or 15,000 a year Any one leased from New Jersey, what's a good deal and who's a good dealer? This would be the first time I'm leasing a car.

Thank you!

2014 6 GT 36/15 - 55% and .00001. Add 1% for 12K

2015 6 GT 36/15 - 57% and .00001. Add 1% for 12K

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Thank you!!

Don't know the exact details on what parameters they've used, but over the phone I was offered a 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Tech package, 3 year 12,000 miles lease with no money down, for $300 a month (including taxes etc.). Payment on delivery would be $2,300 + first month so roughly $2,600. Sounds like a good deal?

@inwester said: Don't know the exact details on what parameters they've used, but over the phone I was offered a 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Tech package, 3 year 12,000 miles lease with no money down, for $300 a month (including taxes etc.). Payment on delivery would be $2,300 + first month so roughly $2,600. Sounds like a good deal?

Hard to say without knowing the MSRP and negotiated selling price.

Also, what does the $2300 cover? Any cap cost reduction in that figure?

MSRP is 32,870. Sales guy said about $3,800-3,900 in discounts. I haven't gone there yet or received the emails with details, this info is just over the phone during the 5-10 minute conversation I had. It includes a $500 discount for comparable competitor car owners (like Camry, Accord, Sonata etc.)

No idea about the cap cost reduction. Will update it once I get it.

Thanks for all the info Michaell!!

@inwester said: MSRP is 32,870. Sales guy said about $3,800-3,900 in discounts. I haven't gone there yet or received the emails with details, this info is just over the phone during the 5-10 minute conversation I had. It includes a $500 discount for comparable competitor car owners (like Camry, Accord, Sonata etc.)

No idea about the cap cost reduction. Will update it once I get it.

Thanks for all the info Michaell!!

When I use the MSRP of $32,870 and a selling price of $29,070 ($3800 off), with a 55% residual and .00001 MF, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $305.79.

If they are offering $300/mo with taxes, that sounds like a pretty good deal.

Thanks for the calculation. I still haven't received the email, but the initial payment of $2,300 (+ 300 first month) might be the catch here.

@inwester said: Thanks for the calculation. I still haven't received the email, but the initial payment of $2,300 (+ 300 first month) might be the catch here.

Almost certain there is some cap cost reduction in that $2300.

Is that bad? I think there is cap cost reduction, but they won't give me the details unless I personally go to the dealership. Not sharing any actual numbers over the email or phone. Also, now they're saying taxes aren't included in the $300 payment. So that would increase by another $2 roughly (7% tax).

@inwester said: Is that bad? I think there is cap cost reduction, but they won't give me the details unless I personally go to the dealership. Not sharing any actual numbers over the email or phone. Also, now they're saying taxes aren't included in the $300 payment. So that would increase by another $2 roughly (7% tax).

Didn't you mean $21 for tax? Remember, my pre-tax calculation was almost $306, so the numbers are pretty close.

edited June 30

Yeah, I meant $21. But now it includes the $2,300 initial cost. Your calculation was assuming $0 down, isn't it? Am I getting a raw deal?

Another dealer is quoting $370/month 36 months /15,000 miles lease for Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Technology Package (MSRP $33,420). No down, no initial payment other than the first month payment of $370 and all taxes, everything included. Deal?

@inwester said: Yeah, I meant $21. But now it includes the $2,300 initial cost. Your calculation was assuming $0 down, isn't it? Am I getting a raw deal?

It depends on what the $2300 is used for ... it may not all be cap cost reduction.

@inwester said: Another dealer is quoting $370/month 36 months /15,000 miles lease for Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Technology Package (MSRP $33,420). No down, no initial payment other than the first month payment of $370 and all taxes, everything included. Deal?

What is the net cap cost? We need that to model the payment to ensure that the MF isn't being marked up.

• daved292daved292 Posts: 2

Hi all,

I just moved down to Nashville, TN and looking for a new car. I was checking out the Mazda 6, loved it, but I didn't ask for numbers just yet on it. Plan on doing so this weekend, hopefully they have some extra rebate for 4th of July.

One thing I was curious, I asked the manager I might be interested in taking one of their remaining 2014's Touring (no tech package) and leasing that instead and he mentioned that leasing previous years model might actually come out to be more expensive because of the residual value and less incentives. Is this true? If not, could you please help provide some information on what type of money factor/residual value I would be expecting for a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring in Tennessee?

Thanks

@daved292 said: Hi all,

I just moved down to Nashville, TN and looking for a new car. I was checking out the Mazda 6, loved it, but I didn't ask for numbers just yet on it. Plan on doing so this weekend, hopefully they have some extra rebate for 4th of July.

One thing I was curious, I asked the manager I might be interested in taking one of their remaining 2014's Touring (no tech package) and leasing that instead and he mentioned that leasing previous years model might actually come out to be more expensive because of the residual value and less incentives. Is this true? If not, could you please help provide some information on what type of money factor/residual value I would be expecting for a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring in Tennessee?

Thanks

The information we have from Mazda for July is incomplete, and doesn't yet include the lease numbers on the 2014 Mazda 6.

• bri_turnbri_turn Posts: 4

Hey Guys, any idea on July MF and residual for the following in New York?

2015 Touring, manual trans 36 mo / 15k

Thanks!!!

@bri_turn said: Hey Guys, any idea on July MF and residual for the following in New York?

2015 Touring, manual trans 36 mo / 15k

Thanks!!!

55% and .00001

• bri_turnbri_turn Posts: 4

@Michaell said: 55% and .00001

Wow, thanks, that was quick!

• djverbaldjverbal Posts: 3

Hi, any idea on July MF and residual for 14/15 Mazda 6 Touring and Sport in Minnesota? Looking at 36mon 10 or 12K per yr.

Anyone else have any experience leasing from a Mazda dealer in the Twin Cities recently?

Thanks!

@djverbal said: Hi, any idea on July MF and residual for 14/15 Mazda 6 Touring and Sport in Minnesota?
    Looking at 36mon 10 or 12K per yr.

Anyone else have any experience leasing from a Mazda dealer in the Twin Cities recently?

Thanks!

2015 Touring 36/12 - 58%. Add 1% for 10K

2015 Sport 36/12 - 59%. Add 1% for 10K

MF is .00001 for both.

I have no numbers for 2014 in MN.

Thank you Michaell!

One other question- Does adding either the tech package or moonroof package change the residual %?

@djverbal said: One other question- Does adding either the tech package or moonroof package change the residual %?

Nope - the residual is based on the trim level only - Sport, Touring, Grand Touring. Oh, and whether you get manual or automatic on the Sport.

• shap4shap4 Posts: 6

Hi, I'm looking at a 2015 lease and was quoted this... Can someone tell me how it sounds for Phoenix, AZ?

This vehicle: http://www.chapmanmazda.com/2015-Mazda-MAZDA6-i+Touring-Phoenix-AZ-Z15161.htm

Cap Cost $24,690 MF .00029 Residual 58%

36mo - 12,000 miles p/yr - $0 out of pocket - $1500 trade - $295p/mo + tx = $319 p/mo

@shap4 said: Hi, I'm looking at a 2015 lease and was quoted this... Can someone tell me how it sounds for Phoenix, AZ?

This vehicle: http://www.chapmanmazda.com/2015-Mazda-MAZDA6-i+Touring-Phoenix-AZ-Z15161.htm

Cap Cost $24,690 MF .00029 Residual 58%

36mo - 12,000 miles p/yr - $0 out of pocket - $1500 trade - $295p/mo + tx = $319 p/mo

Using the MSRP from the link and the cap cost, MF and RV in your post, I get a pre-tax payment of $283.42/mo.

Is the3 $1500 trade equity being used to cover your up front costs?