Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• Good afternoon Kyfdx, I'm negotiating a lease deal right now for a Passat SE. Can you please provide the MF and residual on a 2014 Passat 1.8T SE Auto, using 36 months and 12k miles per year? State is FL. MSRP IS $27070. The payment they are offering now is $289.90 excellent credit ,with no money down, just sign and drive.

Thank you

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,921

@winter24 said: Good afternoon Kyfdx, I'm negotiating a lease deal right now for a Passat SE. Can you please provide the MF and residual on a 2014 Passat 1.8T SE Auto, using 36 months and 12k miles per year? State is FL. MSRP IS $27070. The payment they are offering now is $289.90 excellent credit ,with no money down, just sign and drive.

Thank you

.00007 MF and 51% residual. $2500 lease cash.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• What is the current offer on the Passat SEL for Feb? Thanks.

@dokedoke said: What is the current offer on the Passat SEL for Feb? Thanks.

.00007 MF and 49% residual. $2500 lease cash.

• ajames8774ajames8774 Posts: 9

I'm in Cherry Hill New Jersey.

What should be my leasing term targets for a 2014 Passat Sport be for 12,000 mi per yr.

I want my Cap Reduction to be as close to 0 as possible.

I am currently leasing a Honda Accord Special Edition not that this matters to the VW guys but I'm very happy. Just wondering if they will be competitive to a Honda Accord Sport.

Agreed Upon Value of Vehicle

Gross Cap Cost

Cap Cost Reduction (want this as close to 0 as possible)

Residual Value

Monthly Payment

MF

Any other fees I should be looking out for that I should expect to be able to negotiate

Thanks for the help.

No Passat "Sport" model, that I know of..

4 engine choices and 4 trim levels.. You'll have to narrow it down for residuals and money factors.

• ajames8774ajames8774 Posts: 9

The below comment is directly from the Edmunds Review. Does anyone know which engine and trim level this is? Thanks.

"This year's new Passat Sport is similar to the SE but has 19-inch wheels, a rear spoiler, steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles (with the automatic transmission) and special exterior and interior styling details."

If you look on VW's website, it appears to be a variation of an SE model with the 1.8T engine..

If that is indeed the case, then the MF is .00007 and the residual is 51% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

Through Monday, March 3rd...

• bman040bman040 Posts: 8

kyfdx, I know its early but please provide the march numbers once they're available. Specifically 2014 Passat TDI SE manual. 24/36 at 10k/12k/15k. Thanks so much as always.

@bman040 said: kyfdx, I know its early but please provide the march numbers once they're available. Specifically 2014 Passat TDI SE manual. 24/36 at 10k/12k/15k. Thanks so much as always.

.00061 MF and 53% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. Add 2% for 12K, 3% for 10K.

60% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr.

• julio91julio91 Miami, FloridaPosts: 54

FYI Guys,

Anyone leasing any Volkswagen or Audi (same manufacture) if you try to sell the car at lease end or want out early you can't. Only these two companies (that i know of) give you a negotiated price at lease end (which is the remaining balance after the residual) which is only valid for you. Now if you try to terminate the lease early or another dealer attempts to buy out the lease to get you into a new one, the dealer or person will be paying retail/true market value of the car (not the remaining balance of the car when you trade it in at lease end) and you will always be upside down regardless how perfect and low mileage the car has. Ex: leased a Volkswagen Passat had 5 months remaining and the pay off was $16,000 went to a dealer to get another car (decided to go for Lexus) Lexus called the bank from which i was financing the car got quoted $18,000. Which is pathetic to me and sad I was not told of this, But the salesman from Lexus helped me paid the remaining 5 months i owed and left at the dealer parked, since it couldnt get the full pay off, after the 5 months are up he will turning it in for me, it worked out in the end but a head ache non the less. So really do your research guys before getting into anything. any questions inbox, Would not mind answering any questions you may have. (this is just scraping the surface on this story) HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

• digs418digs418 Posts: 1

Hello, these posts are very helpful, thank you! I have a dealer in FL that is advertising a 2014 Passat S (diesel, manual) for $99/mo. $2999 down not including $695 dealer fee and tax,tag,title. It seems like a decent deal. 24 month lease and only 10k/miles per year. Can I negotiate better terms or does this seem solid? I need more miles for sure. Thank you in advance

@digs418 said: Hello, these posts are very helpful, thank you! I have a dealer in FL that is advertising a 2014 Passat S (diesel, manual) for $99/mo. $2999 down not including $695 dealer fee and tax,tag,title. It seems like a decent deal. 24 month lease and only 10k/miles per year. Can I negotiate better terms or does this seem solid? I need more miles for sure. Thank you in advance

Ads like that are gimmicks to obscure the true monthly cost of the vehicle. Ask them for a quote, with nothing due at signing, except the 1st payment.... I'm going to guess you'll be around $300/mo. Another $25-$30/mo, if you need 15K/yr..

• kermynatorkermynator Posts: 2
    edited March 15

@ascalise1 said: I cant find a decent lease calc online and not to sure how to calculate this.

Try this: http://www.leaseguide.com/lease08.htm

I used their formulas to build an excel spreadsheet that I use to compare lease deals.

• insureusinsureus Posts: 8

Please post mf and residual for 15,000 yr 36 month for passat wolfsburg. I understand there is $3000 lease cash as well?

@insureus said: Please post mf and residual for 15,000 yr 36 month for passat wolfsburg. I understand there is $3000 lease cash as well?

2.5 engine? .00022 MF and 48% residual. $3000 lease cash.

1.8T? .00021 MF and 49% residual. $2500 lease cash.

• kevingleekevinglee Posts: 2
    edited March 19

Hello, thank you so much for these posts! I have a dealer in south cal that is advertising a Passat 2014 1.8T SE w/sunroof (MSRP=27688) with 12k/36mo. The down payment is 3000 includes acq fee, dmv fee, tax, and everything. Monthly payment is $210 after tax. The price also includes a Lease Excess Wear Protection, which worth ~$1000. Can I negotiate better terms or does this seem a good deal? Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,601

@kevinglee said: Hello, thank you so much for these posts! I have a dealer in south cal that is advertising a Passat 2014 1.8T SE w/sunroof (MSRP=27688) with 12k/36mo. The down payment is 3000 includes acq fee, dmv fee, tax, and everything. Monthly payment is $210 after tax. The price also includes a Lease Excess Wear Protection, which worth ~$1000. Can I negotiate better terms or does this seem a good deal? Thanks!

While the payment quoted of $210 sounds pretty good, can we get a full breakdown of where the $3000 is going? Any cap cost reduction included with that? Also, do you have the selling price and the money factor used in those calculations? There might be some savings to be had.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kevingleekevinglee Posts: 2
    edited March 23

@Michaell Thanks for your reply. If i decline Lease Excess Wear Protection, the down payment includes ~2,300 cap cost reduction. The pkg is ~20,800 sell price, 50% residual, 0.00131 MF, ~27,800 MSRP. Down + Monthly payment is around ~10500 in total.

• SlimmsSlimms Posts: 19

Are there any differences in the numbers for a tdi se? And what about lease cash? That's considered "down payment" right? Anyone know when VW does their sign then drive event

@kevinglee said: Michaell Thanks for your reply. If i decline Lease Excess Wear Protection, the down payment includes ~2,300 cap cost reduction. The pkg is ~20,800 sell price, 50% residual, 0.00131 MF, ~27,800 MSRP. Down + Monthly payment is around ~10500 in total.

I'd roll that $2300 CAP reduction into the lease, and you'll still be around $280-$290 month for a $28K car... That's a nice low lease payment for that vehicle.

Now, if the price of diesel wasn't so darned high!

@Slimms said: Are there any differences in the numbers for a tdi se? And what about lease cash? That's considered "down payment" right? Anyone know when VW does their sign then drive event

All Passat TDI have the same lease program, regardless of option packages or trim level.

I think that the lease cash is a dealer bonus... So, you take advantage of that by negotiating a lower selling price. So, it's not a "down-payment".

• jenrenee536jenrenee536 Posts: 1

Checking if this is a good lease deal for a 2014 Passat 1.8T SEL Premium in Texas

MSRP - 3275.00 SellingPrice - 29632.00 Purchase Price - 31122.47

48 Month Lease/12000 Miles Cash Due - 436 Monthly Payment - 436 Residual 43%

Thanks for your help

@jenrenee536 said: Checking if this is a good lease deal for a 2014 Passat 1.8T SEL Premium in Texas

MSRP - 3275.00 SellingPrice - 29632.00 Purchase Price - 31122.47

48 Month Lease/12000 Miles Cash Due - 436 Monthly Payment - 436 Residual 43%

Thanks for your help

Missing a digit from your MSRP. What is the $1500 difference between selling price and purchase price? The payment doesn't look great... but, how much of that is sales tax?

• 3kidsinback3kidsinback Posts: 53

Please post mf and residual for 10,000 yr 36 month for passat Wolfsburg 1.8T. Is there still $2500 lease cash? What is a reasonable price to negotiate to? Thank you!

@3kidsinback said: Please post mf and residual for 10,000 yr 36 month for passat Wolfsburg 1.8T. Is there still $2500 lease cash? What is a reasonable price to negotiate to? Thank you!

.00021 MF and 52% residual. $2500 lease cash.

I'd start at Invoice price - $500 - $2500 lease cash. And, see what happens.. It might take $1000 more to do the deal, but I've seen some seriously low prices, if you are willing to shop around. The Passat doesn't have $2500 of lease cash for nothing... they are having a hard time moving them.

• 3kidsinback3kidsinback Posts: 53

OK, thank you. Invoice is 23842, So I could start at 23K. What would a "sign and drive" monthly payment be? When you say $1000 more needed to get a deal done, could you clarify what you meant? Your feedback is much appreciated!!!

@3kidsinback said: OK, thank you. Invoice is 23842, So I could start at 23K. What would a "sign and drive" monthly payment be? When you say $1000 more needed to get a deal done, could you clarify what you meant? Your feedback is much appreciated!!!

Just so we are on the same page... What is the MSRP?

Also, if invoice is $23,842, the invoice - $500 -$2500 lease cash would be $20,842. That is where I would start negotiations.. I haven't shopped these enough to know if you can get that price... It might take a price of $1000 more to make it happen.