Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Cadillac ATS Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited April 2015 in Cadillac
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Cadillac ATS Lease Questions forum.
To research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, please visit Edmunds 2015 Cadillac ATS page.

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Cadillac ATS leasing questions. Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 ATS, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Cadillac ATS page.

To see all forums discussions about the ATS, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Cadillac ATS discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    The good news.... on 2014 models, there is one set of numbers for all ATS models..

3.15% MF and 68% residual for 24mo/15K.. 66% residual for 27 month.

2.35% MF and 61% residual for 36mo/15K... 59% residual for 39 month.

The 36 month program looks best, from here...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• d_nyholmd_nyholm Member Posts: 80
    Thank you. Do they not offer higher residuals on 12k mile leases? Those numbers don't look very promising for good payments with other manufacturers offering 70%+ on 24 month 12k leases!
    12K residuals are either 1% or 2% higher.. (not sure which)...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jsdnjjsdnj Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2013
    I am taking some numbers I got from a local dealer which seems like a good deal. However when I put them into a lease calculator I cant figure out what I am missing.

This is what they are offering (has me paying $2k out of pocket at signing)
    http://www.lolzilla.net/images/08507278119174813050.jpg

These are the numbers in a lease calc.
    http://www.lolzilla.net/images/89308216729744087755.jpg
    Your lease calculator is probably not figuring taxes correctly... for one thing, that rebate is probably taxable... Depending on your state, the taxes may be paid upfront, and added into the CAP cost..

Either way, to get to that payment, the NET CAP COST would have to be about $45,270..

It's unclear from the computer screenshot which amounts are included in the net cap, and which aren't... but, even if every number on the screen is added on to the CAP cost, once you subtract out the $3720, it seems to be about $1000 off...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jsdnjjsdnj Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2013
    The taxes are figured on the payment if you check the payment breakdown. Also the rebate is taxable and is also factored into the due at signing cost. I don't know what the $1288 in taxes are if I am paying them on the payment.

Does this seem like a good deal?
  • davenotizedavenotize Member Posts: 10
    Hello,
    I wanted to share my experience with you guys and help whoever I can.
    2014 Cadillac ATS Luxury 2.0LTurbo
    MSRP $37,880
    Selling price $34,500
    36/12k
    Monthly $315 + tax 7%
    Total out of pocket: $700
    I feel like I got a great deal, please share any thoughts. I got it with David at Ocean Cadillac in Miami FL
    Wow... that's a cheap payment for a $37K MSRP car...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ec1ec1 Member Posts: 74
    kyfdx,

Do you have residual and interest rate for a 2014 ATS with 2.0 - 36month and 12K miles? Also, are you aware of any lease cash - conquest or loyalty?
    I'm sorry, we don't have any Cadillac numbers for November...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zigster38zigster38 Member Posts: 117
    David

Can you break down the price and accesories you got? It looks like the luxury msrp's for 40k so maybe you got one level down, the standard? If not there must be huge dealer incentives on this car.
  • davenotizedavenotize Member Posts: 10
    Sorry it is a standard 2.0L with CUE, 17" polished wheels, blk/caramel. I shopped around and went to the dealer a few times, I guess they finally decided to give me a number i couldnt say no to.
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    edited November 2013
    This is the deal i got on my 13' ATS. See msg: 40.
    Not to throw roses at myself, but i have yet to read of anyone coming
    close to that deal.
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi,

Just signed for the following deal on Long Island and I would appreciate thoughts and comments:

2014 Cadillac 2.0 Turbo ATS AWD Luxury
    Cue plus Navigation
    Cold Weather
    Sound and Sun
    All weather mats

List about $44,780
    Selling price after all discounts and incentives ( including 2k since I cam from an Infiniti G): about $38K

I am paying $439/month for 39 months on a sign and drive with no money up front and everything (including NY taxes) rolled into the monthly lease payment. This is on a 15k/year lease with US Bank.

What do you think?
    That seems like a good deal..

How do you like it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ec1ec1 Member Posts: 74
    Do you happen to know the interest rate and residual % US Bank used for your lease?
    The car is a dream! Very smooth, silky and alot of pep! Coming out of an Infiniti G37X and it is my first Caddie. The only caveat is that the CUE system is entirely new to me and the learning curve is rather steep.
    Sorry, don't have that information but all in all it was the very best deal I could find.
  • artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    What are the Lease rates and residual for 2014 ATS, at 10,000 miles and
    36 + 39 Months?
    2014 ATS 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    2.25% MF and 64% residual

Subtract 2% for 39 month residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• badpokerbadpoker Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2013
    Would appreciate any feedback on this lease offer from local dealer (northern CA). I'm a lease newbie.

I was interested in by the advertised $299/mo. lease on the 2.0 with $3,299 due at signing. I told the dealer I need 12k miles and not gonna pay that mcuh up front. My lease math is sketchy, not sure if their offer somehow just moves some money from one pocket into the other or if they are really giving me a "deal", but I am being offered the following:

-ATS 2.0 base with sunroof + CUE
    -12k miles
    -1.95% interest rate - is this the money factor? I thought MF is a .0000 type # which can be translated into an APR.
    -Residual 63%

Offer is $378 mo. plus tax, with drive off fees of $1,098.

Per the dealer, this is a $40k msrp car and he's doing the lease figures off of invocie pricing... not sure how he got to $40k, playing with some online builds i get to an MSRP of $37,495... $35,095 base + $1,350 cue + $1,050 sunroof.

Opinions / advice?
  • kd1007kd1007 Member Posts: 23
    MY ATS TURBO STICKER WAS $38,500 WITH SUNROOF I DIDNT WANT CUE WAY TOOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH IT I PAY $310 PER MONTH 36 MO.
    ZERO $$ DOWN

PLUS LOCAL TAXES IN ILLINOIS

HOPE THAT HELPS

K.D.
  • badpokerbadpoker Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2013
    Wow KD, that seems like a screaming deal, good for you! Did you negotiate hard for that price, i would be all over a lease like that. Maybe i'll hold out a few more days and see if my dealer contacts me again.

I actually like CUE, but i'm a very gadgety type of person.
    GM and Ford use percentages, instead of money factors... I have the ALLY Bank numbers and I show 2.25% ... but, the residual matches.. .so, that part of it looks right..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• knackllknackll Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2013

So I have an interest in leasing an 2014 ATS Performance model 3.6 and asked my local dealer for a quote. I am not sure if the quote is fair or if it is high. If someone could advise me if it seems good to let me know. I would like the negotiated selling price to be around $46900 but not sure if im asking too much. Any help would be much appreciated. Info as follows: MSRP 50750 SELL PRICE 47903 DOWN PAYMENT 1000 RESIDUAL .61 MONEY FACTOR 2.35 36 MONTH 15000 miles 695 DEST CHRG. REBATES ROLLED INTO SELL PRICE MONTHLY PAYMENT $589.00 TAX 7% Thank you

• alex42886alex42886 Member Posts: 1

I just signed a deal on a 2014 ATS Performance AWD 2.0T in Black Diamond Tricoat w/ sunroof, nav. 18" machine polished wheels, cold weather package. I put $2500 down for a 39mo/12k lease with a $502.82 payment (7% RI taxes included). Money Factor was 2.25& and residual was 61%. Did I get a good deal?

• sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283

If you are not sure the deal is good, it probably is not. Anyway, you've got the car already. Stop worrying about the deal, just enjoy the car.

• knackllknackll Member Posts: 21

Ok, so I had requested information as to wether my qoute was good or not. I see that a lot people are also asking the same question. The answer is not so easy to answer since there are so many situations that exist that do not warrant a simple answer.

That said, this is what I did in regards to the lease of my new Cadillac ATS. I educated myself about leasing and wanted to know what everyone else was paying. So the first thing I did was visit this site to see if I could get that answer. It was not very clear. So before I stepped foot in the dealership I did the following:

The number one thing I learned was how to calculate the lease. If you have no idea how to calculate a lease, you are at a disadvantage with the dealer as it pertains to the numbers. You will absolutely need to know the MSRP, NEGOTIATED SELLING PRICE (rebates, etc), RESIDUAL, & MONEY FACTOR. Thanks to this website you can obtain the residuals, & money factor based on lease term here. The rest you will need to get from the dealer.

The next thing I did was visit the lease swap/trading sites to see what other people were actually paying based on models and tier options (this was very helpful). It gave me an idea of the type of payment I would be at. This basically told me what payment to expect and if it was in my budget.

The next thing I did was contact the dealer finance manager to verify residuals & rates. They are usually very forth comming with this information. After that I created a spreadsheet on my computer and then transfered it to my smartphone to prepare for battle.

Before going into the dealership I visited them after hours to look at the vehicle I wanted and verify the msrp and options. The next day I went in to buy the vehicle. This is where the fun began. I went in so prepared that knew all the numbers in my head. I knew exactly what they were going to start off at and where we most likely would end up. Or so I thought. After going back and forth we ended up about $600.00 away from a deal.
    I must tell you he blew through his program typing numbers as if he knew exactly how to play the game. What he did not expect was my program on my phone that kept up with him. Basically, what it did was keep him honest, which on a few occasions he strayed but got back on track. At the end all it is, is math and if they are honest the issues to get you to the price per month you want to pay will stick out like a soar thumb.
    Such as if the price out the door is too high, rate is not correct, or term is wrong.

In my case he and I worked together on his computer and my phone going through each line confirming the numbers. In the end we were $600.00 away from a deal.

He went out to the lobby to give me and my wife a few minutes to discuss it. After a few minutes I went out to get him to let him know we would have to come back. After hearing that he asked us to follow him back to his desk to the look at the lease program on his computer. He started tabbing through the program as he knew exactly where he was going which he did. He stopped at the money factor field and changed it to accommodate the $600 difference. He looked at us and asked if that works. Before I could speak, my wife was shaking his hand. After all the ifs and buts he changed the money factor. I had no idea they had room to move on that. Bottom line is he was not changing his selling price or term and the msrp is what it is and I was not providing anymore money down. So he took it from the bank. That was outstanding! I had no clue that was an option. The bank must give them room on the rates if they find it necessary. I had no understanding of leasing and the numbers he could have had me paying more than I wanted.

One other thing I wanted to mention is that all the available rebates, supplier discounts, and incentives were applied to my deal. I have no affiliation what so ever with any suppliers and or employees. They let me use theirs. We also went in after Xmas and not many people where there. Actually, we were the only ones. I'm sure that helped.

BTW, All my negotiations was done with the finance manager. The salesman sat and listened in.

Moral of my long drawn out story is no matter what others are paying, your situation will be different. Also, leave the wife at home!

Knackll

My deal:
    MSRP 51765
    Residual .59
    Term 39 15000/yr
    Dwn pymt 1500
    Money factor 1.9
    $536.00/mnth

• isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119

@kyfdx

Do you have current lease information for the 2014 ATS? I was quoted 1.2% and 59% residual for a 36 month 12K mile lease. I was also told that these numbers do not vary based on trim level, RWD versus AWD, etc. Do the numbers and that information sound accurate?

Still negotiating sales price for a standard AWD 2.0T with CUE, sunroof, heated seats, sport grill and all weather mats. I was quoted about $900 over Invoice...I am going to shoot for Invoice or a few hundred over Invoice BEFORE incentives. What is a reasonable selling price for this car? Edmunds gives a market value at a few hundred over invoice in downstate NY.

Thanks in advance.

• topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412

What is a reasonable selling price for this car? Edmunds gives a market value at a few hundred over invoice in downstate NY.

All car price are local in nature. The most competitive market is LA. Northern California is close behind LA. So if you asked someone from LA, they would tell you shoot for below invoice. But if you only have one Caddillac dealer in town, $900 over invoice sound about right. If you already shop with all the dealers around where you live and the price is still not good enough, the only other option you have is to expand your search to include some of the more competitive markets. One thing I found helpful in case of uncertainty is to always say no to dealer offer until they stop coming back with better offer. The last offer is probably the best offer short of a competitive offer from another dealers. Also talk to a few dealers to generate some competition. It takes a lot of work to get the lowest price (or even close to lowest price). But in general, if you use email for the initial negotiation, it will cut down the time substantially. 8-10 hours of work should get you pretty close to the best price in your neighborhood. Good luck..

@isles1 said:
    kyfdx

Do you have current lease information for the 2014 ATS? I was quoted 1.2% and 59% residual for a 36 month 12K mile lease. I was also told that these numbers do not vary based on trim level, RWD versus AWD, etc. Do the numbers and that information sound accurate?

Still negotiating sales price for a standard AWD 2.0T with CUE, sunroof, heated seats, sport grill and all weather mats. I was quoted about $900 over Invoice...I am going to shoot for Invoice or a few hundred over Invoice BEFORE incentives. What is a reasonable selling price for this car? Edmunds gives a market value at a few hundred over invoice in downstate NY.

Thanks in advance.

Those are the same numbers that I have... They appear to be valid on all trim levels.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2014

Took delivery of a 2014 ATS AWD 2.0T on 1/31/2014. I'll post details in case it helps someone else:
    MSRP $40,870.
    Sales price $38,208 (gross of cap cost reductions listed below).
    Interest rate 1.2%; Residual 59%.
    36-months; 12K miles p/y.
    $1,500 down, $1,500 conquest, $2,000 GM Card bonus.
    NYS sales tax of 8.625% and bank fee in payment.
    First month's payment, $1,500 down payment and DMV = $2,050 paid at drive off.
    $358 per month.

• rocketman18rocketman18 Member Posts: 43

CarMan ,

Need your help LEASING. What is the MF & Residual for 2014 ATS Base/Htd Seats (NY is bone cold today) 10k 36 months?

Also, I noticed gorgeous 2013 ATS Turbo Sun/CUE/Htd Sts on lot would like to Lease that if possible ? Any thoughts ??? Is the 2013 Turbo less desireable than 2014 Base.

One more, noticed article stating that ALG is slamming the residuals on ATS down to 48% are dealer using this benchmark????

thanks-

A Car Man too!!!!

@rocketman18 said:
    CarMan ,

Need your help LEASING. What is the MF & Residual for 2014 ATS Base/Htd Seats (NY is bone cold today) 10k 36 months?

Also, I noticed gorgeous 2013 ATS Turbo Sun/CUE/Htd Sts on lot would like to Lease that if possible ? Any thoughts ??? Is the 2013 Turbo less desireable than 2014 Base.

One more, noticed article stating that ALG is slamming the residuals on ATS down to 48% are dealer using this benchmark????

thanks-

A Car Man too!!!!

1.20% MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr lease on the 2014 model.

I don't have any info on 2013 model leases. Most banks have their own residuals, they don't use ALG.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Need help regarding cash offers for ATS -Std ($1500) & Lux ($2500) was told by dealer that this cannot be used in leasing deals. Currently GM running Lease Loyalty $1000 and Pres Day $1000.
    Was informed that's it for discounts when leasing? Cannot combine with GM cash offers?? Is this correct??

Also, BTW GM has maybe improved in QC of cars but sales has not changed. Look at me like I landed from another planet when I mention Pres Day offers and Loyalty offers??? Also what's GM supplier pricing.....

Whats with this???

I don't have the answers for your incentive questions.. Sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Isles 1 what dealer did u use?
    FYI here in CNJ contacted over 6 Caddy dealers for ATS with $5000 in cash & incentives every one hit me with $50-$80 more than what it should be. No wonder I hardly see any these on the road! I been leasing over 20 years.

@rocketman18 said:
    Isles 1 what dealer did u use?
    FYI here in CNJ contacted over 6 Caddy dealers for ATS with $5000 in cash & incentives every one hit me with $50-$80 more than what it should be. No wonder I hardly see any these on the road! I been leasing over 20 years.

King O'Rourke in Smithtown / Lake Grove, NY. General manager is David Perricone. Bill Reale was our sales person. If you prefer to get quotes via the internet, e-mail Matt McGrath at mmcgrath@contactdealer.com

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

@isles1 said:

Please, no last names or contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140

anyone know the lease cash available on the ATS?

@cnote2 said:
    anyone know the lease cash available on the ATS?

GM programs expired yesterday. It will be a few days before we get the new programs. That said, there was ZERO lease cash for the ATS in February.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Have you got any new numbers for March?

@rocketman18 said:
    Have you got any new numbers for March?

1.55% MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K for all models. No lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shibikotshibikot Member Posts: 5

Hi,
    Could you please share the March MF and residual for 2014 ATS? 36 months and 12k a year.

@shibikot said:
    Hi,
    Could you please share the March MF and residual for 2014 ATS? 36 months and 12k a year.

1.55% MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wmjc07wmjc07 Member Posts: 25

got quoted $405/mo on a 39 MONTH lease 10k miles per year) for an ATS with AWD MSRP of $38,020. dealer wants $2k in cash ast signing. I think the deal is not great AT all. Any thoughts?
    Read recent article about top ten CARS people are not buying. ATS is #3, listed incentives at around $6k on car.

I agree been shopping for lease on ATS past month, all incentives out there dealers don't want budge on monthly. Refuse to give any incentives. I walked!

• julio91julio91 Member Posts: 158

Anyone have the number for a 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T for 36months 12k a year, I could have i sworn I saw rebates and incentives for this car. But now they are all gone?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

@julio91 said:
    Anyone have the number for a 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T for 36months 12k a year, I could have i sworn I saw rebates and incentives for this car. But now they are all gone?

1.55% MF and 59% residual. No lease cash this month on the ATS.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

This discussion has been closed.