Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions

Comments

• atos2012atos2012 Posts: 36

Few days ago helped my friend to get lease GLS w/Popular package. White on Camel. 36 month, 12k year, $680 at sign up and $199/month including 8% CA tax. I am getting better and better :smile:

** Saved Money - Earned Money **

• kazuya_mishimakazuya_mishima Posts: 33
    The numbers for May out yet?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,788

@kazuya_mishima said: The numbers for May out yet?

Yes.. which model and trim?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Florida. SE Turbo, automatic.

36 months. 12k per year miles
    48 months. 12k per year miles.

@kazuya_mishima said: Florida. SE Turbo, automatic.
    36 months. 12k per year miles 48 months. 12k per year miles.

.00040 MF and 58% for 36 months
    .00107 MF and 51% for 48 months

edited May 9

Thank you very much.

Any special incentives/rebates this month?

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,290

@kazuya_mishima said: Thank you very much.

Any special incentives/rebates this month?

$750 lease cash.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• aigochamalohaigochamaloh Posts: 27

Thank you in advance for all your valuable info and hard work!

Looking for numbers on a GLS, 3 year lease in CA. $750 lease cash available here as well?

@aigochamaloh said: Thank you in advance for all your valuable info and hard work!

Looking for numbers on a GLS, 3 year lease in CA. $750 lease cash available here as well?

.00017 MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $750 lease cash on all Sonata models.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:

Thank you very much! Now to decide whether to go for a $60/month lease or a $200/month purchase after trade in.

@aigochamaloh said: Thank you very much! Now to decide whether to go for a $60/month lease or a $200/month purchase after trade in.

I would advise against using trade equity as a down payment on a lease. If the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Much better to have the dealership cut you a check for the trade it, and use that money to make your monthly payment.

Or, use the trade in as a down payment on a purchase.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

@Michaell@Edmunds said: Or, use the trade in as a down payment on a purchase.

Thank you for that advice. We will definitely go the other route then!

Also, for purchasing, are there any other incentives right now? $2000 retail cash not combinable with their 0% APR?

A dealer's email said there was graduate $400 cash, $500 competitive cash, but Hyundai's website has no comment on these. Are they available and stackable?

@aigochamaloh said: Also, for purchasing, are there any other incentives right now? $2000 retail cash not combinable with their 0% APR?

A dealer's email said there was graduate $400 cash, $500 competitive cash, but Hyundai's website has no comment on these. Are they available and stackable?

0% up to 60 months with $500 cash

0% for 61-72 months with no cash

0.9% to 3.9% with $2000 cash

$500 matching down payment program.

• rbirns1rbirns1 Posts: 219

So, if someone has already been good enough to do the math: are you better off with 0% and $500 cash, or 0.9% and $2000 cash?

@rbirns1 said: So, if someone has already been good enough to do the math: are you better off with 0% and $500 cash, or 0.9% and $2000 cash?

You'll be about $1000 ahead with the 0.9% and $2000 cash, over a 60 month period. Plus, if you sell the car before the loan term is up, you'll be even farther ahead... Starting with $1500 less principal is a big bonus.

@rbirns1 said: So, if someone has already been good enough to do the math: are you better off with 0% and $500 cash, or 0.9% and $2000 cash? @kyfdx@Edmunds said: You'll be about $1000 ahead with the 0.9% and $2000 cash, over a 60 month period. Plus, if you sell the car before the loan term is up, you'll be even farther ahead... Starting with $1500 less principal is a big bonus.

Great! I was about to go do the math myself. I'm so thankful for this section of Edmunds, what a great website. The 0.9% is what I'll aim for this weekend.

Well, specifically I better do the 0.9% and put $500 down so they match $500.

• rbirns1rbirns1 Posts: 219

Does Hyundai offer delivery at their Alabama factory? Any cost savings?

@rbirns1 said: Does Hyundai offer delivery at their Alabama factory? Any cost savings?

I've not heard of anything like that.

• kris113kris113 Posts: 18

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what I can expect to pay on a lease for the Sonata GLS if the MSRP is $22,260 and I will only need 12,000 miles/year? I don't plan on putting any money down for the car except for paying tax/title/license upfront and I am in NJ if that helps. Thanks!

@kris113 said: Can anyone give me a rough idea of what I can expect to pay on a lease for the Sonata GLS if the MSRP is $22,260 and I will only need 12,000 miles/year? I don't plan on putting any money down for the car except for paying tax/title/license upfront and I am in NJ if that helps. Thanks!

How long is the expected lease term? And, what is the selling price you've negotiated with the dealer?

Once we have that information, we can calculate a payment for you.

• kris113kris113 Posts: 18

@Michaell said:

The lease term will be 36 months and I haven't negotiated a selling price with the dealer yet. I am going there on Saturday, but not until reading through this forum did I even realize that you can or should negotiate the selling price of a car when leasing. Is there anywhere on here that I can get a good idea of what I should try to get the selling price for? Thanks!!

• firebird455firebird455 Posts: 1

May I please get the May lease numbers for a 36 mo/12k lease in Florida on the GLS 2.4 and the Limited 2.4

Thanks!

@firebird455 said: May I please get the May lease numbers for a 36 mo/12k lease in Florida on the GLS 2.4 and the Limited 2.4

Thanks!

.00017 MF and 59% for the GLS

.00072 MF and 59% for the Limited.

$750 lease cash on either model

• chrisigirlchrisigirl Posts: 1

We are considering purchasing or leasing a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited With the Tech package for $28945. Can someone let us know a great money factor rate and residual value for this car? Also can we get the dealer to waive the destination and dealer fees? The purchase rate comes with $1,500 cash back and 0 % interest to purchase. Thanks for any help!

@chrisigirl said: We are considering purchasing or leasing a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited With the Tech package for $28945. Can someone let us know a great money factor rate and residual value for this car? Also can we get the dealer to waive the destination and dealer fees? The purchase rate comes with $1,500 cash back and 0 % interest to purchase. Thanks for any help!

.00092 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $1250 lease cash.

Destination fees are just part of the price... when you make an offer, or if they quote you a price, that should be included. If it's broken out, it's just a ploy to confuse the numbers.

Dealer fees (aka doc fees) are just profit padding... Find out what they are, in advance, then adjust your offer based on knowing them. Again, trying to negotiate that part of the deal just takes your focus away from the total price.

There isn't anything stellar about the lease deal that would make me choose that over purchasing, unless I knew I wanted out in three years.

• atos2012atos2012 Posts: 36
    edited May 23

How mach are you planning to put down, how much is yr trade? Remember, when you lease, don't put to much money down.

@aigochamaloh said: Thank you very much! Now to decide whether to go for a $60/month lease or a $200/month purchase after trade in.

** Saved Money - Earned Money **

• krk43062krk43062 Posts: 5

Hello! Do you have the MF and RV available for 2014 Limited Turbo with Tech package. Looking at 36 month 12k/yr lease.

@krk43062 said: Hello! Do you have the MF and RV available for 2014 Limited Turbo with Tech package. Looking at 36 month 12k/yr lease.

.00071 MF and 59% residual. $750 lease cash