Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
edited February 18 in Hyundai
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Santa Fe, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit our 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe page.

To see all forums discussions about the Hyundai Santa Fe, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Hyundai Santa Fe discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Comments

• We purchased a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T FWD with Tech Package at Jim Ellis in Atlanta. MSRP with accessories was $36,170. We used the Hyundai Circle program to purchase and the certificate pricing was $33,091 + TTL.

They gave me 1.94% financing for 60 months and threw in free lifetime oil changes.

I know we could have gotten cheaper by pitting dealerships vs each other, but we are happy since I dislike haggling. We also wanted to buy from that specific dealership as they are only a couple of miles from our house, and they don't stick an ugly dealer logo on the back of the car.
  • Trying to get any idea on prices paid vs MSRP for 2014 Santa Fe Limiteds. Supply seems limited (pardon the pun) so wondering if that is affecting deals. Any info you can share gratefully received. Also want to get the December residual and money factor for a Santa Fe Limited with AWD on 10k and 12k miles? Asked in another forum, but this one seems to get a lot more activity, so apologies for the double post. Thanks in advance.

• jac2007jac2007 Posts: 4

Has anyone purchased a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.4L FWD? I received a quote for an out the door price of $26000 that included the popular package, has anyone received a better deal? Thanks.

• powermaxxpowermaxx Posts: 6
    edited January 23
    Can anyone tell me what they have paid out of pocket fees and monthly payment for a 2014 Sport FWD base with the popular package 36mo 12K a year lease?
  • So this is the deal I've been offered, I haven't been to the dealership. I insisted on doing it all via email until I have a firm offer before I drive to check it out. 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport FWD 2.4 with Popular Package only. 3 year lease with 36K miles, ZERO down, ZERO out of pocket Sign and Drive. $332.94 a month. Considering Hyundai's national offer is the same vehicle and options at $269 a month with $3100 down I think this is a pretty good offer. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it, I am probably going to go to the dealership tomorrow or Wednesday.

• Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,177

@powermaxx said: So this is the deal I've been offered, I haven't been to the dealership. I insisted on doing it all via email until I have a firm offer before I drive to check it out. 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport FWD 2.4 with Popular Package only. 3 year lease with 36K miles, ZERO down, ZERO out of pocket Sign and Drive. $332.94 a month. Considering Hyundai's national offer is the same vehicle and options at $269 a month with $3100 down I think this is a pretty good offer. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it, I am probably going to go to the dealership tomorrow or Wednesday.

I would agree ... the $3100 down works out to about $86/mo, or $355/mo when added to the $269/mo in the offer. If you have a quote of $333/mo then they have either shaved off some money from the sales price or lowered the money factor. Either way, seems like a pretty good deal for a lot of SUV.

michaell@edmunds.com

Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tkay2tkay2 Posts: 32

Recently (2 days ago) quoted on a 2014Sante Fe Limited w/tech pkg. 4 w/drive $37000. pls. tx. title doc. how does the price stand up...to others

Recently 2 design engineers resigned (Nov 2013) from Hyundai over quality concerns. Do I want to risk 40K on a 2014 Sante Fe ??????????????? or are issues resolved.C.R. gives high marks. The engineers were fired

@shaolin said: We purchased a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T FWD with Tech Package at Jim Ellis in Atlanta. MSRP with accessories was $36,170. We used the Hyundai Circle program to purchase and the certificate pricing was $33,091 + TTL.

They gave me 1.94% financing for 60 months and threw in free lifetime oil changes.

I know we could have gotten cheaper by pitting dealerships vs each other, but we are happy since I dislike haggling. We also wanted to buy from that specific dealership as they are only a couple of miles from our house, and they don't stick an ugly dealer logo on the back of the car.

Shaolin, can you tell me how happy are you with the tech pkg. Is it simple to navigate and program...tkay

• bondguy1bondguy1 Posts: 228

We purchased a new 2014 Santa Fe Limited with Tech Package...pretty much loaded up...also, had 4WD. The car had the minor options like floor mats, rear cargo cover net and mud flaps. The sticker price on the vehicle from Hyundai (no dealer addendum's with paint sealant and crap here) was about $41,400. We paid $36,000 for the car. We purchased from a dealer in Miami named Doral Hyundai. We live 2 miles from Rick Case Hyundai and they couldn't touch the deal...they were telling me their best deal on a 2WD Limited with Tech Package was about $37K. So, although we don't really need the AWD vehicle, for the price we paid I think we got a very good deal. Also, our salesman was amazing too. Very helpful and one of the few who knew his product he was selling. I also got 4 year financing at 1.90 percent which isn't too bad either. Salesman's name was Frank Fernandez. The only thing we would have liked to have was the Daytime Running Lights...though a vehicle so well equipped would come standard with those...especially with the funky eyebrow lights over the HID headlamps. But, apparently, it's optional on the vehicles.

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,024
    edited March 26

@tkay2 said: Recently 2 design engineers resigned (Nov 2013) from Hyundai over quality concerns. Do I want to risk 40K on a 2014 Sante Fe ??????????????? or are issues resolved.C.R. gives high marks. The engineers were fired

This Suv gets a very good write up from Edmunds and Cr reports .. Whats nice about this vehicle is your warranty.. I would check and see your resale value on this model after 4 and 5 years.. It may not be as good compared to the other brands? If you plan on keeping this car for 8 years or more then it wont matter............. just run it in the ground.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

You guys will see as the months go buy and we get closer to the summer months hyundai will discount this vehicle further. If you buy closer to Oct/ Nov there will be more incentives / rebates/ discounts closer to 3k on this model..This will all depend on sales thru this year and this models competition with other brands

• mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 371

I had entered this reply in the Reliability and Depreciation Thread for another poster but it answers your question concerning Resale Value of the 2014.

I believe my Consumer Report stated that the Santa Fe is pretty much average for reliability. In my Columbus Dispatch today the experts at Automotive Lease Guide in Santa Barbara, California listed the top vehicles in each Class for Best Resale Values. The top vehicles in the Midsize Utility Vehicle was the 3 Row Toyota Highlander and the 2 Row Santa Fe Sport which can be had in AWD and the limited trim. These were for the 2014 model year. I own a 2012 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD V6 and I really like it. If I were in the market I would not hesitate to take a serious look at the Santa Fe. It is very sharp looking and has a ton of content for the price. Pricing out a new Highlander Limited AWD V6 and a Santa Fe 3 row Limited AWD the Santa Fe would save you about 4 to 5 K in my area according to TrueCar. Where the Toyota has won hands down is reliability which is why we bought it. 2014 Highlander was a total redesign so the jury is out on it but CR said it expects it to be the same. I also have personal experience with Hyundai ownership. I bought a loaded 2003 Sonata V6 new. I gave it to my daughter in October 2008. It now has about 106,000 miles on it and it is still going strong, knock on wood. I did have something break inside the engine at about 6000 miles. Started hearing a faint clicking that was very difficult to hear. A Service Manager got inside the car and listened, but thankfully heard it. 10 minutes later he came to me and told me they are ordering a brand new engine and gave me a Santa Fe to use for two weeks. Has run beautifully since. I feel very confident that Hyundai has become a 1st class auto maker in the last 11 years since I bought mine.>

I too would consider buying the Santa fe sport turbo in a couple of years. . Its smaller and offers alot for the money. With grown kids this suv is the perfect vehicle. I'm thinking when i get rid of my X-5 in 2016 that for under 30k its the perfect SUV size wise to throw my golf clubs in the back.. lets see if this model's reliability and ratings holds up..

• bretzkybretzky Posts: 1
    edited April 16
    Just purchased a 2014 Santa Fe Limited FWD with tech pkg MSRP $39,870 for $34,775 + TTL. Price includes $650 in [non-permissible content removed] dealer adds. Tried but couldn't negotiate away the dealer adds. Also got 1.8% financing for 60 months with excellent credit.