Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

245

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067

    @sdcap said: Hello, were there any changes to the April 2014 programs? My order was delayed and I wont pickup before early next week.

    It appears most CTS numbers are the same... ask for your specific model and terms, and I'll check. the new ones.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • sdcapsdcap Posts: 6

    @kyfdx@Edmunds said: It appears most CTS numbers are the same... ask for your specific model and terms, and I'll check. the new ones.

    Thank you. CTS V-Sport. 36 Mo Lease. 10k miles/year.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067
    edited April 4

    @sdcap said:

    1.56% MF and 58% residual. $1200 lease cash.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Hello. I've leased BMWs in the past but never a Cadillac or a GM vehicle. I noticed the MF is quoted as a percent. To calculate the monthly finance charge of a cadillac lease payment, would the formula be: (cap cost + residual value) x (% / 2400) ?

    I am interested in a 2014 cts 2.0t standard rwd. What are MF, residual value, and incentives for 24 and 36 month leases with 15,000 miles per year? Are there any subsidized or special leases for 27 or 39 months?

    After negotiating the cap cost, what incentives are available? I see a $1,500 allowance for current non-GM owners. How does this get combined with any other incentives?

    Sorry for the numerous questions. Thanks in advance.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067

    @flapjackcrust said: Hello. I've leased BMWs in the past but never a Cadillac or a GM vehicle. I noticed the MF is quoted as a percent. To calculate the monthly finance charge of a cadillac lease payment, would the formula be: (cap cost + residual value) x (% / 2400) ?

    I am interested in a 2014 cts 2.0t standard rwd. What are MF, residual value, and incentives for 24 and 36 month leases with 15,000 miles per year? Are there any subsidized or special leases for 27 or 39 months?

    After negotiating the cap cost, what incentives are available? I see a $1,500 allowance for current non-GM owners. How does this get combined with any other incentives?

    Sorry for the numerous questions. Thanks in advance.

    1.56% MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15k/yr. 53% residual for 39 mo, 15K

    1.81% MF and 62% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr. 60% residual for 27mo, 15K.
    $1200 lease cash on all terms. I think that cash would be in addition to any other incentives.

    Your finance charge formula above is correct.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • @kyfdx@Edmunds said:

    Thank you. Please check my math on the following 24 and 36 month offers. I am most concerned about the Monthly Finance Charge calculation as I do not know if i am utilizing the money factor percentage correctly.

    MSRP: $46,025.00 Less Dealer Discount: $1,578.00 Selling Price: $44,447.00 Less Conquest Incentive: $1,500.00 Less California Incentive: $1,000.00 Less Mfr Incentive: $1,200.00 Net Cap Cost: $40,747.00

    Term: 24 months Annual Mileage: 15,000 miles Residual: $28,536 (62% of MSRP) Money Factor (as decimal): .000754 (1.81/2400=.000754) Monthly Depr: $508.79 Monthly Finance Charge: $52.25 Monthly Pre Tax Total: $561.04

    Term: 36 months Annual Mileage: 15,000 miles Residual: $25,314 (55% of MSRP) Money Factor (as decimal): .00065 (1.56/2400 = .00065) Monthly Depr: $428.69 Monthly Finance Charge: $42.94 Monthly Total: 471.63

    Thanks in advance for reviewing.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067

    Your calculations are exactly correct, but if I'm not mistaken, the variable numbers I quoted previously were for 27 month and 39 month leases, not 24 and 36.

    If you recalculate with the longer terms, you'll see a big drop in monthly payment...

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • @kyfdx@Edmunds said: Your calculations are exactly correct, but if I'm not mistaken, the variable numbers I quoted previously were for 27 month and 39 month leases, not 24 and 36.

    If you recalculate with the longer terms, you'll see a big drop in monthly payment...

    Thanks for checking my math. You did give me numbers for the 27 and 39 month terms, and I calculated those, too. I just wanted to post the 24 and 36 to verify my calculations. Thanks again. Super helpful.

  • mikeypsmikeyps Posts: 3

    I'm looking to lease a new 2014 CTS sedan in April with these parameters:

    2.0T RWD Luxury 36 or 39 month term 10,000 or 12,000 miles/yr

    What are the current money factors? What are the residual rates?

    I am aware if the $1500 cash incentive for non-GM owners which I qualify for. I also have GM cars earnings that I can use.

    Are there any other GM cash incentives that apply to this model? Not sure if the lease terms or incentives are regional but I live in Delaware.

    Thanks...

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067

    @mikeyps said: I'm looking to lease a new 2014 CTS sedan in April with these parameters:

    2.0T RWD Luxury 36 or 39 month term 10,000 or 12,000 miles/yr

    What are the current money factors? What are the residual rates?

    I am aware if the $1500 cash incentive for non-GM owners which I qualify for. I also have GM cars earnings that I can use.

    Are there any other GM cash incentives that apply to this model? Not sure if the lease terms or incentives are regional but I live in Delaware.

    Thanks...

    1.56% MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $1200 lease cash.

    Subtract 2% from residual for 39 months. Add 1% to residual for 10K/yr.

    Any other incentive information we have would be available under the Car Research tab, at the top of the page.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • @mikeyps said: I'm looking to lease a new 2014 CTS sedan in April with these parameters:

    2.0T RWD Luxury 36 or 39 month term 10,000 or 12,000 miles/yr

    What are the current money factors? What are the residual rates?

    I am aware if the $1500 cash incentive for non-GM owners which I qualify for. I also have GM cars earnings that I can use.

    Are there any other GM cash incentives that apply to this model? Not sure if the lease terms or incentives are regional but I live in Delaware.

    Thanks...

    See my post above. I'm in California, so the incentives may be different. One dealer has offered me the cts 2.0t rwd sedan at invoice. I am eligible for three incentives. The net cap cost would be invoice less incentives.

  • mikeypsmikeyps Posts: 3

    @kyfdx@Edmunds said:

    1.56% MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $1200 lease cash

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    What financing company does GM use?

    Not familiar with the term lease cash. What is it and how is it used when determining the final cap cost?

  • mikeypsmikeyps Posts: 3

    @flapjackcrust said: See my post above. I'm in California, so the incentives may be different. One dealer has offered me the cts 2.0t rwd sedan at invoice. I am eligible for three incentives. The net cap cost would be invoice less incentives.

    I went back and reviewed your previous post which was helpful. Like you I was able to negotiate the selling price at invoice. However, the only incentive that I was offered as a BMW owner was the Conquest Incentive of $1,500. I was not offered the Mfr Incentive of $1,200. Is the Mfr Incentive money directly from GM that is available to me and should be applied after the final negotiated selling price?

    I suspect that the dealer is attempting to keep this incentive to add to their profit. I also was quoted a higher MF than the 1.56% that was posted here.

    Think that it may be time to check out other dealers as there are several within a short drive.

    Thanks for you feedback...

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067

    @mikeyps said: Thanks for the quick reply.

    What financing company does GM use?

    Not familiar with the term lease cash. What is it and how is it used when determining the final cap cost?

    The numbers I quote are from Ally Bank. On some programs, dealers find better numbers going through USBank, though I don't have those programs.

    I'm fairly certain that the lease cash has to be used as a Cap cost reduction (meaning, you'll pay tax on it).

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • tango13tango13 Posts: 1

    Doing some research on leasing a 2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury package. Got a mailing for current Cadillac owners to get $3500 toward the purchase/lease of a new CTS. I'm from Ohio. Could you tell me the current money factor (top tier credit), and residual for 2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury package at 10K/mile per year for 36 months? Have you heard of the $3500 offer to current Cadillac owners?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,987

    @tango13 said: Doing some research on leasing a 2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury package. Got a mailing for current Cadillac owners to get $3500 toward the purchase/lease of a new CTS. I'm from Ohio. Could you tell me the current money factor (top tier credit), and residual for 2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury package at 10K/mile per year for 36 months? Have you heard of the $3500 offer to current Cadillac owners?

    2.0T - 1.56% MF and 61% residual. $1200 lease cash.

    3.6 - 1.56% MF and 58% residual. $1200 lease cash.

    I've not heard about this $3500 offer, but it would certainly help to reduce the payment on a new CTS.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • uzabattyuzabatty Posts: 1
    edited April 18

    FYI, I found this information on a Cadillac site in Ohio listed under current incentives.. I can also confirm this is true because I spoke with a Cadillac sales associate earlier this week and this is the first thing they mentioned.

    Cash Back : $3500.00 GM announces a Loyalty offer to customers who currently own or lease a 2008 or newer CTS. - Expires 04/30/2014

  • shel1001shel1001 CTPosts: 2

    Hi Kyfdx - In the market for a 2014 CTS-AWD-Preformance Package 3.6L with driver assist package. Leasing at 39 mo 15.000 miles/yr. Can you update the MF, Reisidul and incentives. Dealer already extended the $1500 conquest rebate. Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,987

    @shel1001 said: Hi Kyfdx - In the market for a 2014 CTS-AWD-Preformance Package 3.6L with driver assist package. Leasing at 39 mo 15.000 miles/yr. Can you update the MF, Reisidul and incentives. Dealer already extended the $1500 conquest rebate. Thanks

    1.56% MF and 55% residual. $1200 lease cash.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • shel1001shel1001 CTPosts: 2

    Great thanks for the quick response. That's exactly what I need.

  • avery323avery323 LAPosts: 6

    @Michaell@Edmunds said: 1.56% MF and 55% residual. $1200 lease cash.

    I'm confused. I know there's $1500 conquest cash. Is there an additional $1200 if I lease instead of purchase?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,987

    @avery323 said: I'm confused. I know there's $1500 conquest cash. Is there an additional $1200 if I lease instead of purchase?

    Separate items, but not 100% certain if the conquest cash can be applied to a lease.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • v8vroomv8vroom Posts: 5

    I'm looking to lease (36mo/15k miles/yr) a 2014 CTS AWD 3.6 Luxury w/ 18" wheels, Magnetic Ride, sunroof and navigation. I was offered $1625 in rebates (does not include conquest cash even though I'm trading a 2009 Audi). Please let me know current MF and residual and if the conquest cash applies to leases. The dealer discounted to invoice $56,817, rent charge factor of .00129, residual 54%. Tax/title/doc totals $3531. Payment quoted was $406.31. This looks like a bad deal to me. Please recommend where I can negotiate. They are offering $15k for trade in of the Audi. Thanks!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067

    @v8vroom said: I'm looking to lease (36mo/15k miles/yr) a 2014 CTS AWD 3.6 Luxury w/ 18" wheels, Magnetic Ride, sunroof and navigation. I was offered $1625 in rebates (does not include conquest cash even though I'm trading a 2009 Audi). Please let me know current MF and residual and if the conquest cash applies to leases. The dealer discounted to invoice $56,817, rent charge factor of .00129, residual 54%. Tax/title/doc totals $3531. Payment quoted was $406.31. This looks like a bad deal to me. Please recommend where I can negotiate. They are offering $15k for trade in of the Audi. Thanks!

    The banks that Cadillac uses all use APRs for their money factors.

    I'm showing 1.85% APR and 54% residual, plus the $1625 lease cash. 1.85% APR would definitely be lower than .00129 MF.

    I don't have the answer to your Conquest Cash question. Is your trade-in paid off? Are they taking the full $15K as an upfront payment? If so, then this is a very bad deal. What is the MSRP of the CTS?

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • v8vroomv8vroom Posts: 5

    @kyfdx@Edmunds said:The banks that Cadillac uses all use APRs for their money factors.

    I'm showing 1.85% APR and 54% residual, plus the $1625 lease cash. 1.85% APR would >definitely be lower than .00129 MF.

    I don't have the answer to your Conquest Cash question. Is your trade-in paid off? Are they >taking the full $15K as an upfront payment? If so, then this is a very bad deal. What is the >MSRP of the CTS?

    The Audi is paid off and they are taking the full $15k as an upfront payment. The MSRP is $60,300. Please confirm that the I should be shooting to lower the .00129 to .000771. Thanks again!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067

    Yes.. you should be getting a lower money factor. Also, I would never put $15K on a lease... but, besides that, divide that $15K by 36 months, and your effective monthly payment for the CTS is over $800/mo.

    If I couldn't get a better deal than that, I'd shop for a different car.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • v8vroomv8vroom Posts: 5

    @kyfdx@Edmunds said: Yes.. you should be getting a lower money factor. Also, I would never put $15K on a lease... but, besides that, divide that $15K by 36 months, and your effective monthly payment for the CTS is over $800/mo.

    If I couldn't get a better deal than that, I'd shop for a different car.

    If the dealership doesnt negotiate down, then you're right, it's not worth it. If they do however match the 1.85% MF, then it's on par with other luxury cars with an MSRP of $60k. Can you tell me the MF and residual for a CTS 2.0T AWD Luxury? Maybe Cadillac is giving more incentives for that model.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067

    Same numbers for that model..

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • shelly40shelly40 Posts: 6

    Looking at CTS Vsport in white with brown interior need current money factor, and residual for 39 months 15k/year MSRP is 72825

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067

    @shelly40 said: Looking at CTS Vsport in white with brown interior need current money factor, and residual for 39 months 15k/year MSRP is 72825

    1.85% APR and 52% residual. $1625 lease cash

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Sign In or Register to comment.