Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rusted parts on brand new Accord 2013 EX-L V6

johjojohjo Posts: 1

I bought a brand new Accord EX-L 2013 in July, 2013. Found the oxygen sensor base, drive shifts behind the brake systems, catalytic converter at the bottom of the car were all rusted. I drove the car back to "Open Road Honda" at Edison, NJ for warrantee repair but they told me that the rusting on these parts are normal so they would not to do anything.

Also, on the left side of the rear trunk lid has a 3/4" opening gap. The right side is OK, just about 1/2 opening. Open Road Honda also said it is normal, they couldn't do anything about it.

Did anybody find the same rusting and gapping problems? Any suggestion on how to deal with the Honda dealers to fix the problems? Or they are really the common problems that all Honda owner are facing.

The premium sound system is just OK. Nothing is "premium". There are 2 tweeters and a subwoofer but you can hardly notice the high or low as you expected. The EX-L V6 is $30,000+ car and these "options" are included just not well functioning.

This is my 3rd Honda Accord. General speaking, Honda build reliable and smooth commute cars. But there are many little imperfection under the beautiful body. The sad thing is that the Honda after service is almost none. Honda dealers always have excuses not to fix the warrantees.

Answers

• shermajdshermajd Posts: 29

The rust you show in your photo's is normal. As for gaps in trunk alignment as well as the radio, why did you accept delivery of the car. Did you not look at the car and/or listen to the radio prior to buying the car???????????????????????????????????????????????