Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Chevy Equinox Starting Issue

yosh53yosh53 Posts: 3
edited March 28 in Chevrolet

Starting issue, intermittently. Put key in ignition, turn, and nothing happens. There seems to be plenty of juice in the battery. Turned key on 7 times using two different keys, and nothing happened. Eight time, and engine started.

Answers

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,251

What happens if you turn the ignition to "ON", count to five, and then try to start your 'Nox?

Does this generally happen first thing in the morning?

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• yosh53yosh53 Posts: 3
    The last two times the problem occurred after the car was driven, then shut off. Came out of store, would not start right up. Have not tried NOX.
    edited March 28

On some cars, the fuel system will lose pressure overnight and they won't like to crank the first time, unless you turn the ignition on for a few seconds to "prime" the system. Doesn't sound like that's the issue with your 'Nox though (but I'm no mechanic).

Try reading through the Chevy Equinox No Start Problems discussion; maybe some posts in there will trigger an idea or two.

• tony1947tony1947 Posts: 1

had my 2013 equinox back to the dealer 4 times for not starting. going back tues for the fifth time can't find the problem

• yosh53yosh53 Posts: 3
    Turned out to be the starter. Good thing it was under warranty.

@yosh53, thanks for reporting back. Sometimes stuff just "breaks".

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,125

@tony1947 said: had my 2013 equinox back to the dealer 4 times for not starting. going back tues for the fifth time can't find the problem

Hi tony1947,

I am truly sorry to hear that you've had to return to the dealership multiple times for concerns related to your vehicle not startin. I can understand how frustrating that can be. I'd be happy to discuss this further and reach out your dealership on your behalf to ensure we are utilizing all resources to resolve this concern. If you'd like my assistance, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com Attn:Andraya with your contact information, VIN and details of your situation. I look forward to hearing from you!

Andraya GM Customer Care

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,125

@yosh53 said: Turned out to be the starter. Good thing it was under warranty.

I'm glad to learn your concerns have been resovled. Let us know in the future if our assistance is needed!

Andraya GM Customer Care

• ander1ander1 Posts: 1
    2011 Equinox worst car ever purchased. At dealership every 4-5 months with stability track, power steering, drive train and now it won't start at all. Turn key in ignition and nothing although system check comes on and shows "check stability track and power steering" error message comes on. Piece of junk!