Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• mworleymworley Posts: 41
    Sonds like a bad knock sensor, easily fixed at a good dealship.
    I have owned 4 jeep's in 20 years. I will try and help. I have not had this shaking at stop. Does it feel like a shake in the steering wheel? could be warped front end rotor's associated with the brakes. I have loved my Jeep's, if I did not i would not be on #4.
    Inspected the rear diff, it may have a bad gear. Have it checked by someone else.
    How many miles are on this Jeep? Original factory liquid shocks are only good for 30,000 miles and should be replaced with gas shocks. I have monroe gas matic. They give a firmer ride but the handeling is much better. You will get a thump on a large bump, this is from the shock cushion.
    I bought my 2001 limited with 48,000k on it in 2005. I know about these problems having owned 2 Jeeps previously. I have had no trouble with mine. It now have 73,000k and I pull a boat. I did change the front pads to Bosch ceramic since metallic pads wear out the rotors and it is easier/cheaper to change pads than rotors. Good luck>
    Squeaking is not normal, I have done atleast 50 brake jobs with no squealing reported. Sounds like pad problem ( cracked, not worn to rotor properly ) Have it checked somewhere else. I have fixed this on friends cars usually after a repair place says nothing is wrong.
    Chrysler has recntly settled a multi million dollar lawsuit for brake rotor complaints.
    Turning down the rotors only cause additional problems, if there warped they need replacement. Go with another manufacturer.
    I tow a 16ft boat with my 2001 limited 4.7. Most of the time I do not know it is even back there. No sway problems. The new Jeeps offer sway control.
    I could be wrong but I believe this has a metal chain. I had a 87 4.0 and a 90 4.0. Both had 200k on them when they were traded. No timing chain replacements.
    Sounds like a bad driveline u-joint. Have the driveline checked.
    Do not cut the rotors have them replaced. Squeal, may be a bad powere steering pump. may have been bad from manufacturing.
    1. Chrysler just settled a multi million doolar lawsuit for defective fron end brakes on Jeep. replace calipers,rotors, pads...Should have no more trouble.

2. rough idle, clean throttle body,injectors,spark plugs,

3. Steering box, was ok then went bad, sounds like something is causing it to go bad, bad front end component binding possibly.
    I have the same vehicle. Normal rough idle ( wrong ) I do not know mine is running.
    Wheel hop, change the shocks to gas.
    I have the same vehicle. Normal rough idle ( wrong ) I do not know mine is running.
    Wheel hop, change the shocks to gas.Remembere Jeeps hop this is due to the solid front axle but it should not feel like it is out of control.
    I own a 2001 Limited with quadra-drive. It does not pull to the right, as a matter of fact I have let go of the wheel going down the highway and it stays straight as a arrow. My suggestion,go to another dealer.
    Yes, warped rotors. Chrysler lost a lawsuit for this and had to pay all Jeep owners having similar problems.
    My 01 GC with the 4.7 was getting 10 when I bought it. I installed a K&N air filter..it gets about 13 around town, about 18 on the highway.
    Yes, my 01 was doing this..lights on, alarm sound 1 time...this would happen 3 or 4 times..The dealer could not duplicate the problem..I put the lights to manual.
    I bought a extended warranty through Chrysler for my 01 GC..I had 4 heated seat elements go out that would have cost thousands..all paid..Starter,blower hsg and evaperator motor..air cond hose. $100 deductable. My next new Jeep will have the warranty and when it is ready to expire I will get another Jeep. These vehicles are
    becomingso complicated that every little thing is hundred's..My warranty cost me $2200.00.. In the 3 years I have owned the Jeep I would have gotten rid of it because it would have been too expensive to repair.
    My Chrysler warranty that I bought for my used 01 GC has been a life saver...I have had no issue's about paying for the repairs. The warranty covers everything except normal wear items.. They even replaced a blown radio speaker, however the 1st dealership charged me for it..The Dodge dealer I have now reported them and repaired it no questions asked. It pays to look for a good dealership. I think this is some of the trouble with others trying to gert their Jeeps fixed.