Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• murf11murf11 Posts: 1
    Just purchased and ran fine for the first week. Now it skips between 0 - 40 mph. Tried "good" gas, dry gas. Had it checked and they said nothing wrong with transmission and is all they could suggest is a tune up?????
  • I had exactly the same problem and the oddest thing about it was that only the driver's side rotor locked, the passenger side was fine. I got to know the folks down at Auto Zone pretty well too. Did you ever find a solution? I'm driving around right now with one new and one old rotor. Let me know if you were able to find a rotor that fit.
    Thanks!
    Altitude
  • I have a cherokee 2001 2x4 . WHen i bought it the ac did not work,not a big deal however today. I heard this loud rumbling or humming noise from what i believe is the condenser(it is where the clutch is) I am not a mechanic so bear with with on this. I investigated it and i witness metal shavings coming from it. Remember this has the serpentine belt wrapped around it. Is this something that I need or can i just leave it.

Help me if you can. email me at adolfson3hd@,mac.com
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,011
    Please don't ask for "personal" help via email. We all benefit when a problem is discussed on the open forum. Thanks.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• asceasce Posts: 3
    I have a 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited with the V8. The entire fan and pully assemble has come loose. How do i fix it? Can some help me please/
  • tuggajbtuggajb Posts: 646
    my v8 has a large nut just behind the fan clutch that holds it on ,auto zone pep boys , in there tool loaner program has the wrench to tighten it down
  • I am having this same problem. Where were you able to actually purchase the fan motor? Thanks
  • I have water in the passengers side floorboard. I realize that it could be the a/c drain hose clogged or worse the heater core (but it is not over heating nor do I smell anti-freeze) I'm hoping that someone can tell me where the a/c drain hose is located. I've looked where the Haynes book showed it to be against the firewall it's not there, and I've looked around the passengers side tire well near the frame rail and I cannot find it. I don't if its fallen off or if I'm not looking in the right place. Does anyone know of where it might be located at?
  • tuggajbtuggajb Posts: 646
    the pasage way is right above your left foot on the pass side
    heater box is like flat with a bump hanging down on the bottom

easesy way to clean is drill small hole in the end of the bump and clean with wire through the hole then plug the hole up again
  • I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. When I am driving on the highway at speeds of 60 mph or higher, I hear a faint, pulsing whine coming from the front end of the jeep, but the noise stops as soon as a take my foot off of the gas peddle. It is not a really loud noise, it's more of an annoying one. Any ideas? Please help!
  • wpatterswpatters Posts: 54
    If a person needed to replace the evaporator that is located under the dash on a 93 jeep GC is that something a person good with tools can do or does it require some sort of special tools and special knowledge?
  • I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. When I am driving on the highway at speeds of 60 mph or higher, I hear a faint, pulsing whine coming from the front end of the jeep, but the noise stops as soon as a take my foot off of the gas peddle. It is not a really loud noise, it's more of an annoying one. Any ideas? Please help!
  • smokebeesmokebee Posts: 30
    At the bottam of the heater/ac housing located just above the foot area on the pass side the plastic enclosure has a sort of "V" at the left bottam. This is the drain trough. Open the hood --on pass side at the firewall looking down toward the right front wheel control arm---and above the starter solenoid you will see a short plastic pipe sticking out of the firewall. That is the drain pipe.
    A bug could have built a nest inside and stopped the water flow. Use a piece of wire and stick it in the pipe and twist it around to loosen the debris.
    Good luck,
    S Swann
  • I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee 4.7L with Quadratrac. I have noticed a rattle coming from both front wheel wells when driving on rough pavement. Any ideas what may be causing this?
  • I have a 2002 JGC that i bought this past summer. The check engine light came on and I took it to adavance auto parts and the guy told me it was just the gas cap that needed to be replaced. He also said that it would take a couple of days of the light to go off. Is this true?

Also, my jgc has started burning gas like crazy. I drove about 15 miles today and it said I used about 45 miles worth of gas? How can I improve the gas mileage?
  • My jeep just lost all spark, I so I replaced to Coil but still no spark, So I ran all the Diagnostic checks in the hyenas manual, I was getting a ground out of the crank shaft sensors, So I replaced to PCM, Still nothing, I don't know if this matters or not but a few weeks prier to it dying I replaced the fuel pump/ fuel filters/ fuel lines, put in a Panasonic after market radio??
  • I am trying to fix my sons 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Its has an inline 6 cylinder. When in park and giving gas it runs and sounds fine for about 3 seconds then starts to hesitate etc. In gear it runs rough and can only get it to about 40 mph.

Just had the plugs replaced

Thanks in advance!
  • Possibly the TPS or a clogged fuel line/filter?
  • Sorry can you tell me what TPS is??
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    TPS = Throttle Position Sensor

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper