Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Flex Lurching/Stopping while driving - Traction Control error?

dagathadagatha Posts: 2
edited April 2 in Ford

I have a 2009 Ford Flex. Over the past 4 years, the car has lurched or "stuck" about 5 or 6 times. I'll be driving along and all of the sudden the whole car will stop, like someone had just slammed the brakes. It only lasts a second, so the car doesn't actually come to a full stop, instead everyone in the car lurches forward, the wheels kinda screech, the engine sounds like it just went into super low gear, and poof! it's over and we are driving along like normal again.
The 2nd time it happened, I noticed the "Traction Control Light" goes on for the same split second that the car is acting up. And when I think about how Traction Control works, it makes sense! It's like the car/computer is trying to control the speed of the wheels, even though we are just driving along on a dry road between 20-40 mph. I've taken it to Ford, under warranty mind you, and they claim they can't find anything wrong. (In fact they were kind of asses about it, Tustin Ford in CA.)
My fear is that I'll be driving in the rain one day, or in the snow, and I'll just lose control and slide off the road. Perhaps it could cause a big accident. It's now out of warranty and when I called Ford about what to do, they basically said, "Well, bring it in and we'll charge you to fix it." (If they can figure it out!!) Anyone else out there with the same issue? What can I do? Any recommendations?