Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Maintenance and Repair (2006 and earlier)

Comments

• i also have the same problem with the sound at about 60 mph and 35 mph in my 4wd. it have read the past posts and there re a lot of possibilities for this problem. if anyone finds a sure fix please post.
  • I HAVE A 2001 SANTE FE 6CYL FRONT WHEEL DRIVE. WHILE DRIVING AT SPEEDS BETWEEN 10 AND 40 A THUMPING NOISE COULD BE HEARD FROM THE FRONT END. THE DEALERSHIP REPLACED THE STRUTS. ON THE WAY HOME FROM THE DEALERSHIP THE NOISE WAS ACTUALLY WORSE. I TOOK IT BACK IN AND THEY ENDED UP REPLACING SWAY BARS AND BUSHINGS. AT LEAST THAT PROBLEM IS CORRECTED NOW. THEN A WEEK LATER THE ENGINE STARTED TO RUN ROUGH AND SEEMED LIKE THE TRANSMISSION WAS SLIPPING. I TOOK IT BACK IN AND THEY REPLACED A SENSOR ON THE DRIVE SHAFT. HOPEFULLY NO MORE PROBLEMS FOR A WHILE!!!!
  • suvshopper4suvshopper4 Posts: 1,110
    SPEAK UP, WILLYA?
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,749
    I believe Mazda also had a problem when they misprinted the horsepower information on its MX-5 brochure 2 or 3 years ago. I think they said they can buy back the cars regardless the mileage or give the owners $500 or some kind of extended warranty. Correct me if I am wrong?
  • I own a 2001 Santa Fe and at this moment I only have 6,400 miles on it. I love this vehicle, the way it handles and rides is beautiful. However, I have had several problems. First the smell of sulfur (rotten egg smell) every so often, then as I'm driving down the street the wheels felt like they went flat and the car stopped in the middle of the street...... the sensor had to be replaced. Just recently there was hesitation in starting the car......the battery had to be replaced. Has anyone else experienced any of these problems.

vallynne
  • I had a problem with the battery dying in my 2002 Santa Fe LX and took it to the dealership. They replaced the battery and said the problem was my after-market amp-- I replaced the factory stereo system with a Blaupunkt tape deck receiver, Blaupunkt 5 CD in-dash changer, Alpine Amp, Rockford Fosgate speakers and Kenwood subwoofer. I disconnected the amp and the new battery went dead within 2 weeks. I took it back to the dealership and they reprogramed the EMC (whatever that is), replaced the oxygen sensors and the battery. A couple of weeks later the battery dies again and I took it back in. This time they replaced the alternator with a higher amp alternator and replaced the battery with a stronger battery. That was 5 months ago and I have not had any problems. I suspect the problem all along was a faulty alternator.
  • I have had my car for 18 months with only 19,000
    miles, took it for maintence today and was told that the freon was low and that it would be 72 dollars to fix it. I have a 7 years old nissan and it has never been charged.. They say there is no leak. And best yet its not covered by warranty! Anyone else had a similar problems
    Lex
  • harry31harry31 Posts: 128
    #412:
    As you found out, Hyundai A/C freon warranty is for one year. However, the REAL question is: 'Does the A/C work OK?' If so, forget the charge.
  • I took my 2002 Sante Fe in for the 30,000 mile checkup about 2 weeks ago. I told them that I was noticing that the transmission seemed to slip some and that when I travel up and down alot of mountains, I start smelling something burning and it smells like transmission fluid. Well, they checked it out and said that my transmission needed to be replaced. It is covered under warranty but what worries me is that they said that it is on back order and they have been waiting for 2 other transmissions besides mine for weeks! It sounds like there may be problems with the transmissions in these. Has anybody else had this problem?
  • I have a 2002 GLS Santa Fe and I love it! We took the first road trip in really cold weather a few weeks ago. The driver's side had hot air coming in on the left door side on the floor - the passenger had a blast of cold air on the right floor = all with heat in off position. My husband was roasting - I had two coats on my legs and freezing. The dealer can find no problem with this. Has anyone else experienced a problem with hot/ or cold air when the heater is in the off position?
  • kspineapple,

Not sure about the hot and cold at the same time but was your outside vent closed when this was happening? I had a problem with the damper that closes off the outside air from comming in and it had to be replaced. It was all electronicly controled. Maybe yours is stuck half way and it is allowing the heat from the heater core and the cold outside air to come in at the same time and directing one to one side and one to the other. Just suggestion.

mark
  • My wife hit a post and smashed in real good the front bumper below right headlamp of My 2002 Santa Fe. No damage to headlamps but bumper is a bit dislodged and will have to be replaced.
    In California, how much do you think a reputable body shop will charge to replace?????? From where would they get a Santa Fe bumper anyway???? I may decide to pay out of pocket and not go to insurance. Any thoughts would be appreciated....
    Cost of the bumper cover (part number:86510-28000) is $182.00. This is less tax, labor to remove old and install new and paint. Also, there may be damage to underlying parts like the absorber or supports. No way to give a good price without looking at the car. The parts will have to come from Hyundai.
  • In 2001 I had the same thing. No damage except for the bumper. I do not have the exact figures in front of me. But, it was in the $400 range. The biggest expense was the labor to have it painted.
  • I just bought a 2003 sante fe LX and love it so far.
    One thing that i cant figure out is that the manual say parking lights will go out if left on when driver door is open but this is not happening. I am just afraid if i leave lights on by mistake I will have a dead battery. am i doing something wrong?
  • I don't have the manual in front of me. But the lights should go out when you open and then close the door. You would not want to leave your door open with the lights on for an extended period of time anyway, would you?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,953
    Parking or interior lights?

My interior lights go out after 30 minutes if I leave a door open, but parking lights doing the same thing is a new one to me.

Steve, Host
    Exterior Lights on 2002 SF:

The lights will go out when the driver's door is opened, if the lights were 'on' while driving and you did not turn the light switch 'off' when you shut off the engine/ignition.

If you turn 'on' the light switch while parked and the engine/ignition 'off', the lights will remain on, no matter what door is open or closed.

At least they did today. =;-)
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,953
    Like I said, that's a new one on me!

Steve, Host