Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Maintenance and Repair (2006 and earlier)

Comments

• Help me my santa fe has the code kwp 2000
    and i cant find any info on that code any place

kwp2000 2001 hyundi santa fe odb code ?????
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    That's odd. Are you trying to reprogram your ECU? the kwp2000 is a unit designed to reprogram the ECU.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • kreuzerkreuzer Posts: 117
    I have a 2004 Santa Fe 3.5 V6 2wd with approx. 66,000mi. I just seen my check engine light come on this morning going to work. I'm wondering what simple things I can check and replace to fix this problem. I know that it could be a whole slew of things, but was hoping I could check some things myself before heading to a mechanic. I'm fairly hands-on but am by no means a car mechanic. The last time the check engine came on it had to do with emissions and it cost me a lot of $$. I noticed at that time that it was affecting my gas mileage before the engine light came on, so I knew something wasn't right. This time it just happened outta the blue and my mileage doesn't seem to be affected. So, with this info., would anyone have any suggestions as what to look at first and possibly do for myself? Thank you to all!
  • Has anyone had problems with the car not starting? I've had the battery, alternator and started check and all is well. After a couple of hours the car will start. I am thinking its an electrical problem and know that the cost is going to skyrocket.
  • I would have the battery checked again. If you haven't changed the battery since you bought the car in 2003, then it is probably time to get a replacement regardless. Just a thought. Also, check the normal things like corrosion, and acid on top of the battery, etc. If you replace the battery, wash the carrier with a baking soda and water solution. If anything foams, you know you have had some acid leaking somewhere.
  • I have a 2001 Sante Fe all the power windows do not operate. It started as they would not work until the car ran awhile. Now they do not operate at all> I could not find the fuse for the windows. In the fuse box there isn't any labeled power windows. Any help would be appreciated
  • stushstush Posts: 62
    I have an 02 and there is another fuse box under the hood. It's on the drivers side, near the strut mount. Good luck!
  • Thanks for thereply> I cheched the fuse box under the hood and swapped the fuse it didn't work. Any other ideas on all 4 windows not operating?
  • stushstush Posts: 62
    Other than checking all the fuses again, I don't know. It's highly unlikely that all 4 power window motors went at the same time, but you can't rule it out either.
  • Found the problem.t was in the switch cluster on the driver's door. Very expensive to replace though
  • hi my santa fe is 2002 and i was driving it while it broke down it sounded like i had a flat tire then we got it towed to a shop and he said that my rear suspension rusted away he said it looks like it could be a recall so i called and they told me my vin number didnt come up i bought this car in 2005 and i looked on the computer and everywhere i look people are having the same problem as mine same year same make so who do i call next because im sick of the lies :mad: :mad:
  • 2002 santa fe on more thing there telling me it wont be covered but yet it was a recall didnt get any paper
  • We had the same exact problem. Turned out to be the left front ball joint, We found out when the tire fell off. please get both checked.
  • I noticed a couple of weeks ago while driving at a higher speed on the highway my sterring wheel felt like it was shaking or shimmy if that is the correct term. Never noticed it before but I have since gone on the highway and it is the same (70+ miles per hour). The roads are being worked on so I am assuming that is the cause? How can I check this out before going to the dealer? Has anyone had this problem?
  • I have a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe, V6 with 136,000 miles. I cannot get my car inspected. The check engine light is on and testing indicated a speed sensor problem. I had the speed sensor replaced and I have driven the vehicle over 500 miles in an attempt to reset the computer. The garage cannot continue the emission test for the New York State inspection because the last three monitors have not reset. Has anyone else had this problem? My local mechanic has suggested that I take the vehicle to a dealer. Is this going to cost more than a new
    vehicle?
  • manzomanzo Posts: 2
    Does anyone know how I can find out what the code P1167 means on a Santa Fe 2001?
  • Believe it or not, the "speed sensor" reading maybe a ghost in your system. I did have this issue. Try these quick fixes. Service the purge valve on your evaporative fuel system. Disconnect your battery overnight. If this does not clear it. have your rotors checked as a variation between rotars will give the speed sensor false readings.
    If you do go to the dealer get your rear suspension checked as there is a serious safety issue recall relating to rot. good luck!
  • manzomanzo Posts: 2
    This is good info, I will try it...
    Thank you very much
  • hi i have a santa fe crdi 2.2 diesel.. 2006 new model. it has vibrating clutch pedal.. were there any recall on this in uk. 3yr warranty in ireland so they want to charge me €2600 to replace flywheel & clutch... if there were proven cases of recalls anywhere i might be abe to argue the cost with them... any help or advice would be appreciated. tks
  • hi .i have a santa fe crdi 2.2 diesel.. 2006 new model. it has vibrating clutch pedal.. were there any recalls on this in uk. 3yr warrantly in ireland so they want to charge me €2600 to replace flywheel & clutch... if there were proven cases of recalls anywhere i might be abe to argue the cost with them... any help or advice would be appreciated. tks. Looking at the flywhell how could it tell it was damaged by operator error & if it manufacturers fault. Hyundai Ireland said if it needs replacing then it will be replaced with a modified newly designed DMF.. This is almost an admission that old design was rubbish.. My wanrranty is out by 8months. my friends who has same car same year had flywheel replaced under warranty. lucky sod. any advice > :)