Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Jeep Wrangler Oil Cooler Failure

wmullikinwmullikin Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Jeep

My new Jeep had oil cooler failure, is this rare

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2014

There's at least one other report on the net but I think it's too soon to say that this is going to be a common problem. (arfc.org)

Sometimes stuff just breaks. Ask the service writer; if you use a good sized dealer, they'll know if it's a trend or just a one-off.

• Options
    jmch67jmch67 Member Posts: 1

We just purchased a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara in May of 2014, it has less than 3k miles and the oil cooler failed. (leaked oil) Glad it is under warranty but sill it doesn't make us feel good about the quality of the vehicle.

• Options
    rolsmithrolsmith Member Posts: 1
    My 2014 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Sport has 13,000 miles on it and the oil cooler definitely failed! Oil was dripping from everything! There must be a problem with the oil coolers because if you look at other forums on the internet you'll see quite a few people are having the same problem with their 2014 Jeep Wranglers. I'm having to wait to get my jeep back because the oil coolers are hard to find. If the oil coolers are a poor design and they put the same designed oil cooler back on how long will it be before it leaks again??? How many have to fail to warrant an actual recall and redesign of the oil cooler? Not a happy Jeep owner right now..... Should have bought an older Jeep....easier to work on.